My 11yr daughter would love to see... Magrider 2dary Gun - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Taters gonna tate.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-01-12, 06:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
sylphaen
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: My 11yr daughter would love to see... Magrider 2dary Gun

Originally Posted by Figment View Post
Not to be a party pooper or anything, but am I the only one who wouldn't let an 11 year old play a game with a certain maturity rating? ;p I mean, good for you to get yourself a gunner and some quality time with your daughter, but I mean, it is a rather... mature in terms of immature unsporty environment to bring her into an FPS, MMO no less. Of course it's not DOOM in terms of monster gore and all, but still. Would personally wait till she's 13 or so.
A good father would.

He's spending time with his kid, she's having some fun, he's there to do the parenting and knows what's going and is able to explain.

For having played with Grog and his little Grognette, he is doing a decent parenting job and definitely being careful about exposition to foul language and the like.

Much better than parents crazy enough to leave their children fend off for themselves on the streets, alone or with bad frequentations.

EDIT: and in fact, unlike most parents who lend money to their underage child to buy any games like GTA where you play a gangster, he knows what the game involves and is aware of the rating.

Last edited by sylphaen; 2012-01-12 at 06:16 PM.
Old 2012-01-12, 06:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
SKYeXile
Major General

Originally Posted by Figment View Post
Not to be a party pooper or anything, but am I the only one who wouldn't let an 11 year old play a game with a certain maturity rating? ;p I mean, good for you to get yourself a gunner and some quality time with your daughter, but I mean, it is a rather... mature in terms of immature unsporty environment to bring her into an FPS, MMO no less. Of course it's not DOOM in terms of monster gore and all, but still. Would personally wait till she's 13 or so.
I think planetside 2 will be rated rather low probably teen...or been an online game...is it even rated?
but hell, i was playing FPS' when i was young, doom, quake, goleneye...I TURNED OUT FINE! no addiction to video games or violence what-so-ever...

SKYeXile TRF - GM
FUTURE CREW - HIGH COUNCIL
Old 2012-01-12, 06:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Shogun
Contributor
General

she will play vs, so she will shoot rainbow light and ride on pink and purple ponys... what´s wrong with this for a 11 year old girl?

and kids today play what they want. the only way to be a good parent is to play those games with them, so you can do your parenting and explaining. if you try to forbid to play the game, the kids will go to their friends and play it there without any grown up to explain things to them.

and... the dad is a marine, so i guess the girl already knows more about weapons and war than most other 14 year olds without any military involved family.

the profanity on the chat is no problem. every mmo has a profanity filter. and daddy is sitting right next to her.

stand tall, fight bold, wear blue and gold!

Last edited by Shogun; 2012-01-12 at 06:29 PM.
Old 2012-01-12, 06:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
igster
Sergeant

One of my best online friends played games with her dad and his friend from a very young age playing ultima, everquest, warcraft and tons more games. They had such a fantastic relationship with each other - It was really special. There is nothing wrong with it! Miles better than sticking the kid in front of the telly or playstation while dad goes and does something to stay out of the way!

Good on you two!! And excellent taste sir! The mag's gonna be a great place to watch planetside 2 from.

The gunner is gonna be able to customise what type of weapons they use, a bit like the BFRs now get to choose different types of armament I believe.
Old 2012-01-12, 07:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Grognard
Contributor
Second Lieutenant

Just for the record, since I love to brag about her...

Straight A student, never have to ask her to do homework, she does it right when she gets home, plays the chello, reads books avidly. Girl scout for 5 years since daisys, high cookie seller for about 4 of those, over 1500 cartons last time. Ive had to spank her maybe 5 times in 11 years... very well mannered, and not prone to anger at all. Big heart, cried when her dog died, but got over it after a few talks with daddy about the good life the little pom had with her "sister"... Loves shoes and jewelry, but knows daddy is not rich... We have a deal, I try to say yes, and let her make her own choices, but if I have to say no, I explain why everytime... keeps me honest and her informed. Never cusses, but doesnt spaz like a priss when she hears it either... and she knows game... from reality...

In summary, damn right Ill let her play Planetside, its the least I could do...

Now, can we have a video of a MagRider gunner lighting up Terrans?
Old 2012-01-12, 08:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
Shogun
Contributor
General

makes me jellous!

can i clone on of those to gun on my vanguard? ;-)

i´m no parent, but your plan sounds just right to me!
best way to go, really!

stand tall, fight bold, wear blue and gold!
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion