Trayvon Martin - Page 6 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Wait, wait, you have to actually "aim" in this game?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > Political Debate Forum

 
Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 2012-03-27, 09:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #76
Warborn
Contributor
Major General
 
Warborn's Avatar
 
Re: Trayvon Martin


Originally Posted by ArcIyte View Post
Do you know what character is? We were given an image, by the media, of a kid who couldn't possible attack Zimmerman and force him to defend himself. Every single piece of media is painting this guy as a good kid. Shamelessly using this guys picture from when he was 12 years old, stating that he isn't the violent type and would never start a fight.

Now we figure out he punched his busdriver, sells drugs, was taken out of school for possessing stolen jewelry, and is a typical "gangsta thug".

Seems to me the whole "little angel" image has been shattered. If you don't believe a history of violence and theft is relevant you are deliberately biased and should be ignored.
I don't understand what your point is. Does whether Martin was a good person or not change the fact that he wasn't armed and was shot to death by a man who clearly lied in his statement to police about what happened? Last time I checked, being a shithead 17 year old wannabe-thug isn't a crime that warrants arbitrary execution on the streets for.

Also, it's probably worth mentioning that Zimmerman had criminal charges for domestic violence, resisting an officer without violence, and resisting an officer with violence. So the guy who did the shooting had a violent criminal history, while the guy who was killed had no criminal history at all.

Last edited by Warborn; 2012-03-27 at 10:05 PM.
Warborn is offline  
Old 2012-03-27, 09:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #77
TheSHiFT
Staff Sergeant
 
Re: Trayvon Martin


Originally Posted by Malorn View Post
Presumption of innocence means the investigators have to prove he acted unlawfully. If they have evidence of that, they can bring him to trial for it per 776.032 (2).

They have no such evidence, thus he has not been arrested.

There's nothing shady about that immunity law. If you look at it closely it protects people against being charged with civil action too. Remember the OJ Simpson case where he got off on the murder charge and then faced a civil court case and lost? That can't happen because of this law - it protects Zimmerman from the Martin family bringing civil wrongful death suit against him because the court will have already deemed it a lawful use of force.

That's a good thing. Civil cases like that are bullshit. That doesn't mean he can't ever be tried for the criminal case though. But like all things they must have evidence that the use of force was unnecessary. With the injuries sustained and a lack of witnesses it is not an easy thing to prove. You can't convict him on the evidence currently presented it's too circumstantial and putting someone away for life or worse on such evidence would be an injustice in its own right.
He confessed to killing Martin. Under other state's better laws, he has to justify why he did that. He SHOULD have to justify it now. Like I said, self-defense is an affirmative defense. The prosecutor shows up, says here is our evidence for you killing Martin: it was your gun, you were there, you admit it. THEN if Zimmerman has the witnesses, evidence of his injuries, ect. Take it to court. That immunity keeps him free, just because he said so.

Civil cases should work with double jeopardy, imo.

Did you read the link earlier? A man chased down another, stabbed him to death, then initially denied it. After a video tape surfaced, he claims self-defense because the victim made a motion like he was going to stab him. The victim was unarmed. Because of this law, he walks.

Remember are hypothetical fight we had earlier? How would the court prove I acted unlawfully? By defending yourself, you attacked me. I recently just had open heart surgery as well, so a hit to the chest would really fuck me up. Because I am the victor, I get to claim self-defense and walk, when in reality, you were defending yourself from me.

Let's say you never even hit me back, if it came down to me breaking my own nose or going to jail for the rest of my life. I'm breaking my nose. It's a shitty law.
TheSHiFT is offline  
Old 2012-03-27, 09:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #78
Movac
Private
 
Movac's Avatar
 
Re: Trayvon Martin


"NO LIMIT *****" the man has no class.

Last edited by Movac; 2012-03-28 at 12:09 AM.
Movac is offline  
Old 2012-03-28, 07:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #79
Firefly
Contributor
Major General
 
Firefly's Avatar
 
Re: Trayvon Martin


Originally Posted by Movac View Post
"NO LIMIT *****" the man has no class.
Have you come to troll and sling racial epithets? OH GOODY!
__________________
Firefly is offline  
Old 2012-03-28, 08:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #80
ItsTheSheppy
Second Lieutenant
 
ItsTheSheppy's Avatar
 
Re: Trayvon Martin


Originally Posted by Warborn View Post
I don't understand what your point is. Does whether Martin was a good person or not change the fact that he wasn't armed and was shot to death by a man who clearly lied in his statement to police about what happened? Last time I checked, being a shithead 17 year old wannabe-thug isn't a crime that warrants arbitrary execution on the streets for.

Also, it's probably worth mentioning that Zimmerman had criminal charges for domestic violence, resisting an officer without violence, and resisting an officer with violence. So the guy who did the shooting had a violent criminal history, while the guy who was killed had no criminal history at all.
Well said.
__________________
Guru
ItsTheSheppy is offline  
Old 2012-03-28, 10:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #81
Movac
Private
 
Movac's Avatar
 
Re: Trayvon Martin


Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
Have you come to troll and sling racial epithets? OH GOODY!
Notice the quotation marks. Trayvon is the one that uses the term "*****", not I. Learn to read with context in mind, uneducated loser.
Movac is offline  
Old 2012-03-28, 10:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #82
Figment
Lieutenant General
 
Re: Trayvon Martin


Originally Posted by Movac View Post
Notice the quotation marks. Trayvon is the one that uses the term "*****", not I. Learn to read with context in mind, uneducated loser.
So just trolling then.
Figment is offline  
Old 2012-03-28, 10:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #83
Traak
Colonel
 
Re: Trayvon Martin


Originally Posted by Vash02 View Post
yup, snooping isnt a crime nor is "looking suspicious".
But, that isn't why he was shot.
__________________
Bagger 288
Traak is offline  
Old 2012-03-28, 10:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #84
ItsTheSheppy
Second Lieutenant
 
ItsTheSheppy's Avatar
 
Re: Trayvon Martin


He's a scholar and a gentleman.
__________________
Guru
ItsTheSheppy is offline  
Old 2012-03-28, 10:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #85
Quovatis
PSU Staff
Wiki Ninja
 
Re: Trayvon Martin


There is certainly more to the story than the initial reports of Zimmerman just pursuing and shooting him. There is evidence that Martin attacked Zimmerman too and had Zimmerman on the ground beating him. Unfortunately, it might be impossible to determine what really happened. Both men had shady pasts. Martin is certainly not the angel that the media and race pimps want him to be. If Zimmerman were black and Martin white, do you think it would be getting the same media coverage? Probably not.

Last edited by Quovatis; 2012-03-28 at 11:07 AM.
Quovatis is offline  
Old 2012-03-28, 10:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #86
ArcIyte
Sergeant
 
ArcIyte's Avatar
 
Re: Trayvon Martin


Originally Posted by Warborn View Post
I don't understand what your point is. Does whether Martin was a good person or not change the fact that he wasn't armed and was shot to death by a man who clearly lied in his statement to police about what happened? Last time I checked, being a shithead 17 year old wannabe-thug isn't a crime that warrants arbitrary execution on the streets for.

Also, it's probably worth mentioning that Zimmerman had criminal charges for domestic violence, resisting an officer without violence, and resisting an officer with violence. So the guy who did the shooting had a violent criminal history, while the guy who was killed had no criminal history at all.
You're either lying or consumed with denial. Of course you know what my point is. A very large facet of this whole situation is that the media was portraying this Martin guy as a 100% innocent little angel, who would NEVER start the fight with Zimmerman or break the law. A person's character ALWAYS comes into play in trial.

I started off playing devil's advocate since the ENTIRE news media was against this Zimmerman guy. Demonizing him by using a mugshot as his picture, while doing the exact opposite for Martin by using a childhood photo. Now I believe this kid was a thug, got pissed that someone was watching him looking into houses, and decided to do something about it.
__________________


WWW.ENCLAVEOILRIG.COM
ArcIyte is offline  
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-03-28, 11:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #87
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer
 
Re: Trayvon Martin


Meh.
__________________

Last edited by Malorn; 2012-09-11 at 03:58 AM.
Malorn is offline  
Old 2012-03-28, 11:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #88
Traak
Colonel
 
Re: Trayvon Martin


Read the whole thread and all the news. Then you will know why he was shot. Dont lazily ask me to do it for you.

I don't think it stated anywhere that he was shot for the reasons you stated.
__________________
Bagger 288
Traak is offline  
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-03-28, 11:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #89
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer
 
Re: Trayvon Martin


Meh.
__________________

Last edited by Malorn; 2012-09-11 at 03:58 AM.
Malorn is offline  
Old 2012-03-28, 11:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #90
Firefly
Contributor
Major General
 
Firefly's Avatar
 
Re: Trayvon Martin


Originally Posted by Malorn View Post
I have. He said self defense, and there was no evidence to arrest. Im curious what conclusion you came to and how you got there.
We're talking about Westboro Traak, here. I can pretty much tell you what Captain Homophobe thinks: here's a black kid from the ghetto wearing ghetto clothes acting ghetto in the land of white folks, you know, gated communities with armed guards to keep the trash out. Probably out peeping through windows at our white daughters and entertaining lustful, sinful thoughts about despoiling the pride of white folks. And of course the black kid, being like all black kids, mouths off and acts like a gangsta thug to the poor white guy just doing his job as a member of the Community Watch. His posturing, frightening to innocent white folks, was incredibly threatening and warranted an armed, lethal response.
__________________
Firefly is offline  
 
  PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > Political Debate Forum

Bookmarks

Discord

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:46 PM.

Content © 2002-2013, PlanetSide-Universe.com, All rights reserved.
PlanetSide and the SOE logo are registered trademarks of Sony Online Entertainment Inc. © 2004 Sony Online Entertainment Inc. All rights reserved.
All other trademarks or tradenames are properties of their respective owners.
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.