Trayvon Martin - Page 8 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Run hes got a Jammer Grenade!!!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > Political Debate Forum

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-03-28, 02:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #106
ItsTheSheppy
Second Lieutenant

Re: Trayvon Martin

Originally Posted by Malorn View Post
You could contribute better to this discussion by providing evidence that things did not go down as Zimmerman claims rather than inane shit posting.
Man, do I have some bad news for you. You might wanna sit down for this.

You see, Malorn... none of us have any evidence. Nobody. Certainly not in this forum. Not me, and not you. We're all just wanking pointlessly on an internet forum about shit we've been told from second- and third-hand sources.

So really, the only thing we can talk about are the philosophical implications of this or that. I'm happy to comment on those! I have been, in fact. Such as my many hilarious satirical posts going on about how the 'Stand Your Ground' law is complete excrement.

It's really only when people speak with some sort of (hilarious) authority on what 'actually' happened when they don't know any better than the rest of us that I am tempted to hop on my trollercycle and peddle around a bit.
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-03-28, 03:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #107
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

Meh.

Last edited by Malorn; 2012-09-11 at 03:57 AM.
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-03-28, 03:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #108
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

Meh.

Old 2012-03-28, 03:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #109
ItsTheSheppy
Second Lieutenant

Stop trolling. There are facts in the case. You choose to ignore them.
I'm trolling you, Columbo, because you're basically breaking shit down like you're on CSI or Law and Order when in reality you don't know a single thing more than the rest of us. I read all the same news articles, Mr. McCoy. We all did, or can in our spare time if we need to. It's just funny watching you pontificate like you actually have something to teach us. Haha! You don't! That's the punchline.
Old 2012-03-28, 03:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #110
Hamma
PSU Admin

Ignore feature.. use it

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2012-03-28, 03:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #111
Vash02
Major

No, that isn't a motive for shooting someone. It's a motive for chasing someone who he believed was a burglar in his neighborhood so said burglar wouldn't get away from the police he had just called but had not yet arrived.

911 said to stop chasing and he said OK and then said "He ran", as in he had gotten away.
and if some guy ran after you and started grabbing you would you not defend yourself? Zimmerman obviously instigated the confrontation with his actions and he should be held accountable for the consequences.
Old 2012-03-28, 03:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #112
Vash02
Major

"Beyond reasonable doubt" <- that is the standard for a murder conviction. An unintelligible word that some believe is a racial slur is not beyond reasonable doubt of premeditated murder, which is what you are indicating.

They would also have to disprove that it did not happen exactly as Zimmerman and the witness say it did.

Here is the heart of the matter:
Was he reasonably in a life or death situation? If the answer is yes, he is justified in the shooting. If no, it was criminal.

I think getting beaten and having ones head smashed into concrete is reasonably a life-threatening situation. Do you disagree?
Thats not true. you have a trial by a jury of your peers and sadly reasonable doubt is not consistant.

You can get convicted based on what you said and based on any grievances you had. Which is why you should not talk to the police.
http://youtu.be/i8z7NC5sgik
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-03-28, 03:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #113
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

Meh.

Old 2012-03-28, 06:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #114
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

http://abcnews.go.com/US/video/georg...lance-16024475

So here's Zimmerman on the night after the shooting. His lawyer claimed his nose was broken and he needed stitches on his head. That's clearly not the case. I think he has a scrape on the back of his head, but any significant scalp wound bleeds profusely, as does a broken nose. He has no blood on him that I can see. I can tell why the homicide investigator didn't buy his story and wanted to charge him with manslaughter, now. This does not look like a man beaten so severely that he had to pull out his pistol for fear of his life. This doesn't even look like a guy who had been in a fight that night.

I also thought he would be a big fat guy at 250 lbs and 5'9". This guy had 110 lbs over Martin and it wasn't all fat. He would have destroyed a skinny 140 lb, 6'3" teenager in a fight.

Last edited by Warborn; 2012-03-28 at 06:47 PM.
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-03-28, 07:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #115
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

Meh.

Last edited by Malorn; 2012-09-11 at 03:56 AM.
Old 2012-03-28, 07:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #116
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

So you expected him to not clean himself up 24 hours later and stay a bloody mess?
This was immediately after the event.

However, I do find it interesting that you are claiming a 140 6'3" kid couldn't outrun a 250 5'9 guy.
I didn't claim that.
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-03-28, 07:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #117
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

Meh.

Old 2012-03-28, 07:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #118
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

I'm not sure what you're suggesting. What if Martin ran for a bit and then tripped? Or dropped something? Or simply didn't want to run away anymore? What if Martin never exercised and was not as fit as Zimmerman? What would the difference be? Or are you suggesting the only possible explanation is that Martin for whatever reason eluded Zimmerman and then returned to attack him, despite that not being what Martin's girlfriend heard on the phone?

I also like how we've very quickly moved away from the fact that Zimmerman was apparently uninjured, had no blood or other signs of struggle, and was walking around just fine despite supposedly having his head smashed against the ground repeatedly. For a guy who claimed to have been fighting for his life against a scrawny piece of shit he weighed almost twice as much as, he looks no worse for wear. Does that video really not change your opinion at all? I'm really starting to wonder, here.

Last edited by Warborn; 2012-03-28 at 07:34 PM.
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-03-28, 07:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #119
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

Meh.

Old 2012-03-28, 08:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #120
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

He didn't visit a hospital that night. The lack of bleeding means his nose wasn't broken and his scalp wound was very superficial. His claim was that he was fighting for his life, and was forced to shoot Martin in self-defense. And yet his injuries are entirely superficial. Is this me grasping at straws? Does the fact that his injuries amount to nothing really carry no weight with you?

PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > Political Debate Forum