Perma-Silenced from Command and 7 day suspension (LIVID) - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Pictures of the day now come with extra MSG!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2011-09-13, 11:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
Death2All
Major

Misc Info
Re: Perma-Silenced from Command and 7 day suspension (LIVID)

I'm really surprised I've never been silenced. I've said much worse on global even and I haven't been silenced. I did get banned for a weekend once but that's the extent of my punishment.

Some people just get unlucky I suppose.

Death2AllVS/TR/NC
Rekeer
AliENaTiON
Old 2011-09-13, 12:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

Originally Posted by DeeTwoEh View Post
I'm really surprised I've never been silenced. I've said much worse on global even and I haven't been silenced. I did get banned for a weekend once but that's the extent of my punishment.

Some people just get unlucky I suppose.
Again... I don't think CSRs patrol in-game public chat. I think that it takes being /reported and /appealed.

Note: the proper procedure isn't to /report... that's only the first step. You have to actually file an appeal. The report command just does a server-capture of any chat logs.
Old 2011-09-13, 12:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
SavageB
First Sergeant

Haha, I kinda find this funny, in all honesty, I support the devs on this decision, the way you talk in command is pretty un called for and I woulda suspended ya to IF you are gonna be a douche, then prepare to be treated like one, just sayin.
Old 2011-09-13, 01:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Raymac
Brigadier General

I do feel kinda bad for the OP because it did come out of the blue, but at the same time, I remember the early days when the chat was much more tightly monitored so I'm not that surprised. Basically, while I swear like a pirate in private, I try to watch what I say in public because there are kids out there. (and I really hate the "think of the children" arguement)

Old 2011-09-13, 01:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

Originally Posted by Raymac View Post
I try to watch what I say in public because there are kids out there. (and I really hate the "think of the children" arguement)
I hate the argument too, and I never use it - "online experiences not rated by the ESRB" is my personal retort whenever someone mentions how outraged they are that I said "fuck" when there are kids playing.

Bottom line is, if you let your kids play online video games with people like Goon Squad, 4chan/SA rejects and the like, don't get mad when they are exposed to stuff. You can A) teach them how to use /ignore, B) how to use /filter, C) monitor what they are saying, and D) what constitutes appropriate information to say and to tolerate being said. And possibly E) don't say those words at home. Every time I come across some outraged hippie parent whose kid is playing World of Dorkcraft with them and they get all butt-hurt that someone called their kid a fucking ******, I laugh so hard I nearly wet myself. Their excuse to play WoW when you have the kids is letting them play? That's not parenting and/or babysitting, that's teaching them shitty behavior. I'm single-father to two boys. At no point will they be allowed to get on the internet by themselves, whilst they are in my house, until they are maybe 16. And even then, they will be checked after.

Public chat aside... From a professional standpoint, my responses - per company policy - have been something along the lines of "Well, LegolasGirl184, if you don't want TrollyMcTrollington to ask your 14yr old daughter via tell what kind of panties she has on, you should teach her how to use the ignore feature and you shouldn't have the filter off. Private tells are moderated by the user, via the ignore feature. Please re-appeal if TrollyMcTrollington circumvents the ignore feature by creating a new character."
Old 2011-09-13, 01:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
Raymac
Brigadier General

I agree with ya to a point, Firefly. I guess I'm viewing it more in the context of, I don't want to be the guy yelling "Fuck the ref!" at a sporting event when some dad is sitting in front of me trying to enjoy the game with his kids. But the interwebs is a totally different environment, and it is up to the parents to do their job.

Old 2011-09-13, 10:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

I agree with ya to a point, Firefly. I guess I'm viewing it more in the context of, I don't want to be the guy yelling "Fuck the ref!" at a sporting event when some dad is sitting in front of me trying to enjoy the game with his kids. But the interwebs is a totally different environment, and it is up to the parents to do their job.
That's a whole different ballgame - you can't type "/ignore assholefather1234" or even look at the dude and say it (without looking stupid/expecting results).
Old 2011-09-13, 10:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
Graywolves
General

Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
So am I. But there's nothing that we can do about their policies so I'd rather spend my time ranting about something else.

Like sharks.

I FUCKING HATE SHARKS.
No way, Shark's are awesome!

Old 2011-09-13, 11:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
SgtMAD
Captain

actually anyone lame enough to use globals to recruit should be banned
Old 2011-09-14, 08:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #25
Hamma
PSU Admin

Happiest shark ever!

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2011-09-14, 11:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #26
Jownzorz
Corporal

Originally Posted by SavageB View Post
Haha, I kinda find this funny, in all honesty, I support the devs on this decision, the way you talk in command is pretty un called for and I woulda suspended ya to IF you are gonna be a douche, then prepare to be treated like one, just sayin.
I do feel kinda bad for the OP because it did come out of the blue, but at the same time, I remember the early days when the chat was much more tightly monitored so I'm not that surprised. Basically, while I swear like a pirate in private, I try to watch what I say in public because there are kids out there. (and I really hate the "think of the children" arguement)
If you noticed the transcript they sent me, they used things from outfit chat as well. What the hell was that about??
Old 2011-09-14, 05:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
Accuser
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by IDukeNukeml View Post
+5000000

I join a server on bfbc2 where in the GAME... It's narration constantly swears... but by GOD if you type the same exact word, you get a shit storm of people saying 'OMG CHILDREN KIDS OMG KIDS WE'RE A CHRISTIAN SERVER'
"Remember what the MPAA says; Horrific, deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty words! That's what this war is all about!"
- Sheila Broflovski (South Park)
Old 2011-09-14, 06:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
ikon
Master Sergeant

lol pyro getting targeted by the devs.

they are happy to take our money and do nothing for the game.

but randomly give out punishments the 10 seconds they are on.

makes sense
Old 2011-09-15, 08:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #29
Jownzorz
Corporal

Originally Posted by ikon View Post
lol pyro getting targeted by the devs.

they are happy to take our money and do nothing for the game.

but randomly give out punishments the 10 seconds they are on.

makes sense
haters always gonna hate.
Old 2011-09-15, 03:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
Traak
Colonel

(and I really hate the "think of the children" arguement)
Yeah, it sounds like something a grandmother might say in a movie.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion