Adenn's easy to understand TR LMG Analysis - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: More fun than chewing broken glass!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-07-22, 12:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
EvilNinjadude
Second Lieutenant

Re: Adenn's easy to understand TR LMG Analysis

Originally Posted by War Barney View Post
I know this is slightly derailing the thread but I hate to see people lie about the worst gun in the game trying to make out like its good. If you want to know about bad LMGs play the NC, we have the worst, they have bad recoil and low damage, pretty much every TR and VS lmg will beat a NC lmg in close-medium range combat, at long-extreme range the NC lmg is ok but thats infiltrator territory not heavy.
>NC6 SAW
>Bad

Well, I must be getting tons of server lag then, judging by how often I've died to them in a straight-up LMG fight.

As someone on the forum pointed out ages ago, you gotta consider the recoil bloom per second, which your RoF factors into.

Nevertheless I'll accept that the GD-22s is the better gun.
Old 2013-07-22, 01:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
Falcon_br
Captain

Originally Posted by Adenn View Post
My opinion on the current MCG

Short Answer: I hate it.

Long Answer:

I have 1100 kills on the MCG, if you don't believe me check my player stats. So now you know I'm not talking out of my ass.

Anyways, when the game launch I was conflicted with the weapon. I found it highly enjoyable yet I was more effective with my Carv so after 200 kills with the weapon I ended up placing it back in the locker only occasionally taking it out.

Months later when it got a buff and their was the ADS instant shooting bug I used it all the time. You see, I watched a video on youtube about the chain gun which taught you how to properly use it.

I completely loved it and realized that the gun wasn't bad, but rather had a higher skill floor. I won't go into details but it was essentially a full auto sniper rifle whilst being decent at close range.

Then they changed it with the spin up time...then it became useless to me. I can no longer snipe enemies from mid-long range. The ROF gives the enemies a chance to run and by the time I get the highest amount of ROF the COF is far too large for sniping.

At close range the low ROF has gotten me killed many times as well and the TTK in this game is far too low for me to reach the high ROF before one of us dies. The only time the spin up time is useful for me now is when I manage to flank a large group of enemies and mow them all down, other wise and tend to get FF or shoot everything but my enemy due to the COF.

So yeah, I hate the new MCG. I've tried going back to it to get the auraxium medal but I just can't. They made the skill floor/ceiling lower with this remake of it. I wish you could press "B" to have an alternative firing mode without the spin up time because that killed the gun for me.
Dude, this is the story of my life and the mcg, the only difference is that I started using it on beta and I also got the day 1 release nerf to it, I think everytime they change the mcg is for the worst.

I have almost all weapons for the heavy assault, the only one missing are the shotguns (only got the full auto), the first generation smg, and the m32.

Comparing the m32 with the ns15, I fail to see where it can be better then the ns15 so probabily I won't ever use it, probabily not this year.
I never use the smg or the battle rifle with the heavy assault.
My load outs are:
Close msw-r and Decimator, msw-r is a waste to use with foregrip, because I really think that for the range it was design, recoil doesn't matter, so I use adv laser sight, silencer, reflex 1x and soft point.
Medium t16 and that anti air lock on launcher, just adv foregrip, I liked the t16 iron sights a lot, and 1,35x is better then 1x reflex, but since it got a new look, it have now the worst iron sight in the game, so now I am using reflex 1x on it. No high velocity so the recoil is small enough to hit multiple rounds on the target.
Long tmg-50 and striker with comp, foregrip, high velocity, reflex 2x.
Crazy mcg and Decimator, extended mags on it, it was with laser sights for a long time, but now it is useless to fire from the hip while moving.
Shotgun, the full auto shotgun and standart rocket launcher with reflex 1x and extended mags.
Mobility ns15 and standart rocket launcher, with foregrip, compensator, soft point and reflex 2x.

I just have one wish, reflex 2x to all weapons in the game, please! It make no sense to all weapons have 3,4 and 4x sights if most of then don't have 2x reflex!
I also use Nanoweaver and adrenaline shield on maximum levels, With c4 and concussion grenade.

In planetside since the close beta of the first game!
Outfit Brasileira de Planetside 2
Old 2013-07-22, 03:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
War Barney
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by EvilNinjadude View Post
>NC6 SAW
>Bad

Well, I must be getting tons of server lag then, judging by how often I've died to them in a straight-up LMG fight.

As someone on the forum pointed out ages ago, you gotta consider the recoil bloom per second, which your RoF factors into.

Nevertheless I'll accept that the GD-22s is the better gun.
You must, the SAW is just awful up close as it has a very low dps and a super high recoil which prevents you from sustaining fire. Trust me the SAW is a gun people use for a while thinking *oh ye this is ok* then they start to learn how to play and realise they are still dying a lot despite being better, they then change gun and say *omg why have I been wasting my time and certs on that pile of crap*
Old 2013-07-22, 03:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
Adenn
Private

Misc Info

I would like to point out one thing, don't lie and say good players say the SAW is good, I know how to control recoil and its awful, my outfit members know how to control recoil and its AWFUL. You know why? cos its damage isn't that good compared to its rpm, I crunched the numbers and it has about 1550 dps which is about 150 less than the other starter lmgs.

You combine that with its horrible recoil and its a very bad gun as you can't shoot for long burst as you will end up hitting passing satellites instead, as such the rpm is for all intensive purposes about half what it actually says. I don't really know any NC players who use the SAW, its ok for sniping but anything else its pretty much the em1-6 or the GD 22s, the SAW is worthless.

I know this is slightly derailing the thread but I hate to see people lie about the worst gun in the game trying to make out like its good. If you want to know about bad LMGs play the NC, we have the worst, they have bad recoil and low damage, pretty much every TR and VS lmg will beat a NC lmg in close-medium range combat, at long-extreme range the NC lmg is ok but thats infiltrator territory not heavy.
At first I took what you said seriously...but then towards the end you exaggerated.

For one you say that I "lied". How did I lie? It is a fact that most good players love the Gauss, stats aside. Sniping is an exaggeration as well since that Mid range it is very good as well.

I don't like stats because people think it is the only thing that matters and that aside the easy to control recoil neglects the fact that it has a high vertical recoil. I quite frankly believe that you simply aren't as good as you consider yourself to be (BR 40 only).

If I'm wrong, then I'm wrong my specialty are TR Lmgs not NC. But generally everyone knows that the Gauss Saw is one of the best LMGs in the game.
Old 2013-07-22, 03:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
KesTro
Second Lieutenant

At first I took what you said seriously...but then towards the end you exaggerated.

For one you say that I "lied". How did I lie? It is a fact that most good players love the Gauss, stats aside. Sniping is an exaggeration as well since that Mid range it is very good as well.

I don't like stats because people think it is the only thing that matters and that aside the easy to control recoil neglects the fact that it has a high vertical recoil. I quite frankly believe that you simply aren't as good as you consider yourself to be (BR 40 only).

If I'm wrong, then I'm wrong my specialty are TR Lmgs not NC. But generally everyone knows that the Gauss Saw is one of the best LMGs in the game.
You're solid bro. The NC Gauss Saw is definitely a solid weapon in the NC playbook. I don't know how anyone can say otherwise. I have to say it's a first seeing someone bitching about it not being OP, pretty refreshing honestly. It has it's places, it's more or less an automatic sniper rifle.

And yes, stats don't mean very much. Give the worst player the best gun and it won't help them very much.
Old 2013-07-22, 04:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
Rolfski
Major

My opinion on the current MCG

Short Answer: I hate it.
I definitely agree with you it isn't as good any more since they fixed the bug.

It's still a useful allrounder though if you can get around its quirks. It's pinpoint accuracy means that you will literally always land the first 2/3 shots even on long ranged targets before the COF becomes too big. But as your follow-up pinpoint shots take so long, this means that you will never really kill people on these ranges like a TMG-50 or a Sabre13 can. It's still a good deterrent though. Headshotting people at long ranges, which this weapon can do, is usually enough to make them dive for cover.

Between mid and long ranges its TTK is too low in sustained fire fights but on short ranges it can be very powerful if you make a habit of prefiring the gun and raise shields before peeking corners and stay away from hipfiring.

Last edited by Rolfski; 2013-07-22 at 04:41 AM.
Old 2013-07-22, 04:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #22
War Barney
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by KesTro View Post
You're solid bro. The NC Gauss Saw is definitely a solid weapon in the NC playbook. I don't know how anyone can say otherwise. I have to say it's a first seeing someone bitching about it not being OP, pretty refreshing honestly. It has it's places, it's more or less an automatic sniper rifle.

And yes, stats don't mean very much. Give the worst player the best gun and it won't help them very much.
Uhu... so it having a high recoil and low dps doesn't mean much? You should try using the SAW for a while and see how good it is, I got about halfway to the auraxium and then tried other guns.. I've never looked back.

At the longer ranges the SAW can work but its a weird gun cos the recoil is so high you can hold down the button at close range meaning you end up with a even lower rpm and as such general dps while your opponent will often be able to hold the button and spray you to death. At long ranges the recoil is so high you literally have to shoot 1 bullet so you may as well use a sniper and do real damage with that 1 shot.

The only way I can see the SAW being good is if you can get head shots with every bullet, but honestly if you could do that you'd most likely be using a shotgun for 1 hit kills instead and snipers for longer range for the 1 hit kill.

Basically the SAW is a good thats average so other guns just do the job better. Do people really call it OP? I honestly would love to hear how the hell this gun is OP, as has been said CQC is where the fighting takes place most of the time and the SAW is purely a long range gun, up close any of the other LMGs NC has is better.

I'm honestly starting to think TR and VS have decided they are going to whine and complain till the NC has nothing useful left. And they are getting close, NC MAX is useless, NC has some of the worst LMGs, they are trying to get the vanguard nerfed as it can actually kill a prowler or mag sometimes and my god that shouldn't happen! VS and TR players should have a 90% chance to beat NC it shouldn't rely on something as trivial as skill!
Old 2013-07-22, 05:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #23
EvilNinjadude
Second Lieutenant

VS and TR players should have a 90% chance to beat NC it shouldn't rely on something as trivial as skill!
Never mind that the TR actually have to land two shots for every one you take, which definitely isn't easy while moving... as well as having a special ability that makes it immobile (read: Dead) to allow it to fire those two shots faster. As compared to the Vanguard, which can OHK ESFs, can take more damage, and has Invulnerability as its special ability. I'd rather take the Vanguard any day, thanks.

I think it's pretty balanced right now in a Tank Zerg fight, as Prowlers also get the Vulcan, and when they die, everyone just goes Striker/Annihilator (any player worth their salt will have one lock-on rocket launcher at the very least).
Old 2013-07-22, 05:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #24
War Barney
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by EvilNinjadude View Post
Never mind that the TR actually have to land two shots for every one you take, which definitely isn't easy while moving... as well as having a special ability that makes it immobile (read: Dead) to allow it to fire those two shots faster. As compared to the Vanguard, which can OHK ESFs, can take more damage, and has Invulnerability as its special ability. I'd rather take the Vanguard any day, thanks.

I think it's pretty balanced right now in a Tank Zerg fight, as Prowlers also get the Vulcan, and when they die, everyone just goes Striker/Annihilator (any player worth their salt will have one lock-on rocket launcher at the very least).
I'm not saying the tanks aren't balanced, I'm saying people are whining to try and get the vanguard nerfed as they died to it once so obviously its OP.
Old 2013-07-22, 06:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #25
EvilNinjadude
Second Lieutenant

I'm not saying the tanks aren't balanced, I'm saying people are whining to try and get the vanguard nerfed as they died to it once so obviously its OP.
I want to duel more Vanguards. See how well the engagement turns out. I'm not ready to cry OP or UP on either tank... yet.
Old 2013-07-22, 08:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #26
Dougnifico
First Lieutenant

Haha. All this bitching about the NC guns. As a TR player, I would molest a beehive for a Gauss SAW. lol
Old 2013-07-22, 09:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #27
Rahabib
Sergeant Major

personally, I go with Carv S for medium and TMG50 for long. Carv S with a laser sight for when you get that short range engagement isnt bad, but the damage at medium is great and the attachment options are nice. TMG50 at long IMO is the best, and actually I use the TMG more often than not since I prefer to keep my targets away from me .
Old 2013-07-22, 09:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #28
War Barney
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Dougnifico View Post
Haha. All this bitching about the NC guns. As a TR player, I would molest a beehive for a Gauss SAW. lol
You might be ok killing a beehive with a NC gun yes, but other players with guns of their own not so much.
Old 2013-07-22, 09:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #29
Mastachief
Contributor
Major

Usual passive aggressive nature that you always exhibit

Where is the data to back up this fact? it is merely your deluded mutterings

Because battle rank = skill right? LOLOLOL, you don't like stats because they confuse you. I'll leave the balancing on the rifles up to SOE they actually have the data needed.

More baseless conjecture
The SAW Carv and orion are pretty much balanced, if you want to poke the nest on rifle (infact any balance... vulcan, fracture, striker, lock down burster) balance you should look closer to home.

Average play time of 2.0hours per day and falling. Need metagame / Continents.
Old 2013-07-22, 12:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
Dougnifico
First Lieutenant

You might be ok killing a beehive with a NC gun yes, but other players with guns of their own not so much.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion