Darkligher vs Infiltrator - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: I'd hit it!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-06-19, 05:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Streamline
Second Lieutenant

Darkligher vs Infiltrator

So has anybody else tryed just turning the stealth suit off? I'm still really shakey when doing this with only about 20% success rate of it throwing my opponent off enough to make any type of difference. Works best if you are running away and he's chasing you with the DL on and you got surge.
Old 2003-06-19, 05:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Navaron
Contributor
Major General

That's a good damn idea.

Vist www.bohicagaming.com because we're better than you.
Apply|Contact|Forum
Old 2003-06-19, 06:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

I've had stealthers pull that on me a couple times, but really, it only makes you puase a fraction of a second. You might have more success with other people, but I consider myself an average grunt, and if it doesn't fool me, your success with it may be pretty limited.
Old 2003-06-19, 11:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Intruder
First Sergeant

Anything that gives you an advantage = good.

Even if its a split second, that split second could be the difference between life and death.

The second one he was in his skeeter
Old 2003-06-20, 12:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

Originally posted by Intruder
Anything that gives you an advantage = good.

Even if its a split second, that split second could be the difference between life and death.
That's true, and with that in mind, don't let what I said earlier discourage you. I don't think any strategy is infallible, and the infiltrators I killed who were trying to sprint by uncloaked might have just been having a bad day.
Old 2003-06-20, 12:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
MilitantB0B
Colonel

The absolute funniest thing is an enemy infiltrator that forgot to hit the cloak buttun. The crouch, move slowly, and all the other trappings of an infiltrator, but they are visible. Sometimes, I let the mget pretty far into the base before I cap em, just because it is so funny.
Old 2003-06-20, 12:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
�io
Lieutenant General

I just wish they made a counter DL implant. Make it VERY limited so that infils stay nearly as they are but just make somethign to help the DL infested world cause sooner or later EVERY single person WILL have DL and the infils out there and gonna be pissed.
Old 2003-06-20, 01:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Doppler
Contributor
Major

Originally posted by �io
I just wish they made a counter DL implant. Make it VERY limited so that infils stay nearly as they are but just make somethign to help the DL infested world cause sooner or later EVERY single person WILL have DL and the infils out there and gonna be pissed.
Dio,

Thid dead horse disingegrated months ago, if it makes you happy though you may beat a portion of it's tail. The overwhelming consensus even by some infiltrators is that darklight is fine as it is. The upshot to DL (for infiltrators( is that your blind as a bat when you use it. SOme tricky dick found during beta that the terran pistol can engage targets from outsid etheir DL range as can the AMP although with less success. I personaly tested this strategy in beta, the first thing thos bastards do is flip around in a circle and try and find whos shooting them. If your not willing to take this slow and staady apprach and have the balls for it there's always jammer gernades.

Doppler/Galgimp-J/Hardcased

Lord give me strength of arm, will, mind, and the accuracy of shooting to preserve them all.
Old 2003-06-20, 01:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
sandmtrailboss
Sergeant

Thats the best god damn idea I have heard. I've been in my stealth suit alot lately. Thanx alot man I cant wait to try this on the battle field !
Old 2003-06-20, 01:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
MilitantB0B
Colonel

Personally, I have found in my experience as an infiltrator that jammer grenades do more harm then good. As soon as someone gets jammed they immideatly hose every corner in a 50 foot radius with lead. i find that the best counter for Darklight is to not give them a reason to turn it on until they can't, being dead and all. Of course, the widespread proliferation of darklight has meant that I can never enter a CC anymore, seeing as how there is always at least one person in there with DL on, but I can still cause havoc elsewhere.

As for the jammer grenades, I always carry one, but not for DL jamming, but for mine and wall turret jamming. I always think it is halarious when about 4 solders try to bring down a manned wall turret and keep getting gunned down, I just walk up to it, toos a jammer over the wall, and watch a very frustrated person curse as he trys to figure out why he can't get back into his turret. Please, always carry a jammer for wall turrets, it is a much fast alternative to AV weapons, especially when loaded int oa thumper or even a punisher.
Old 2003-06-20, 01:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
SumYungGui
Staff Sergeant

they need to put in a few more implants that don't suffer from an acute case of suck. right now everyone and their epileptic dog has DL because there's nothing else worth using.
Old 2003-06-20, 02:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
Sleepwalker
Staff Sergeant

seriously!
it's either DL or Surge, and i personally don't particularly want either.
has anyone used personal shield? is it good, and would it be good for a medic?

And i'm all out of ass.
Old 2003-06-20, 02:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
Jaged
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Audio implant ownes flat out. Especialy as an infl, knowing where the enemy is can be a HUGE help. It has helped me get more sneaky kills than any other implant I have used.

Also, on the subject of darklight. I personaly love darklight, and i am an infl. Hell, I don't even use it. I still love it. It seperates the good infls from the bad. A skilled infl dosent give the enemy reason to turn it on.
Old 2003-06-20, 03:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
Madcow
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally posted by Sleepwalker
seriously!
it's either DL or Surge, and i personally don't particularly want either.
has anyone used personal shield? is it good, and would it be good for a medic?
Personal shield is by far the worst of the implants from my experimenting. As soon as you engage it, it begins to strip your stamina in a huge hurry (and since your stamina also happens to be your shield, you're losing shield pretty quickly). It makes absolutely no sense, it shouldn't drain the stamina until you're being injured (much like the melee booster implant).

In regards to dark light, am I the only one who's noticed lately that there's about a 50/50 chance of actually seeing if somebody is using DL? I bunch of times I've been stashed away barely visible, not moving at all only to have somebody walk right to me and blast me. Usually there is no indication at all that dark light is being used. I was so worried that I was doing something wrong (tripping an alarm, something) that I actually asked one of the guys who killed me and he let me know he was using dark light. It just wasn't showing next to his name for some reason.
Old 2003-06-20, 03:16 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
Jaged
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Originally posted by Madcow
I actually asked one of the guys who killed me and he let me know he was using dark light. It just wasn't showing next to his name for some reason.
Same thing happened to me. Probably a glitch.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion