Darkligher vs Infiltrator - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: We stoled your smart!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-06-20, 09:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
Tatter
Private

My only mini gripe about DL is that is should still continue to suck stamina when the player is still and crouched. You should not be able keep it on indifinitely.

But then this makes them a sitting target from outside DL range...hehe.
Old 2003-06-20, 12:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Streamline
Second Lieutenant

It does suck stamina when still and crouching but slower than if you are moving around.

In the next update you won't be able to see cloakers while zoomed. However, if you turn off the suit when you are at a distance. Then they won't see your siloette running out in he open either.

I believe there are times when you don't want the suit on. It's just a matter of knowing what those times are.

My issue with jammers is it takes so long to get to one or even throw the damn thing. I do use them on darklighters. I'll use them on anybody and anything it can effect. (mines,wall turrets) When indoors if i use a jammer i run. I use it as an escape tool. The problem is that by the time you can get back to a positive positon. Their DL timers up again and they're back in business.

What i think i'd like to see now is maybe a deployable decoy stealth suit. Add one boomer and i think i'd be happy.

Either that or an implant that reinforces your stealth suits ability to maintain a cloak while moving. Not really an anti DL implant. But the ability to track cloakers that have no choice but to move quickly without DL is lame. At that particular time it's like you don't even have a stealth suit so whats the point?

If they don't do anything help cloakers out. Then all you'll be seeing soon is n00b stealthers. Cuz anyone that has played it extensively knows that theres no point with all the darklighters. Then again if the number of stealthers decreases then you won't see as many darklighters.

Not all of the other implants suck. They just arent used the right way or with the right armor. Shield is actually ok if you know how to use it. It's not going to be anyones savior. But if used at the right time and you're in the right armor it works ok. Just don't try using it with a stealth suit on. You become uncloaked when you do. Unless you don't care. I flipped my shield on while hacking a tower once when i was very close to finishing and some guy had come up behind me and started to ready his weapon. He did kill me pretty quick but the shield held out long enough to get the hack. Thats when i respawned got my lasher and went upstairs to kick his ass.

So as for the medic question... maybe... if you are repairing someone, you are somewhat helpless. So making repairs with the shield on? maybe.

Maybe a BR18 sniper could use it as a third implant too. I could see it in a sniper duel. Or really anytime you just wanna poke your head out for sec and dont want it getting shot off.

Most ppls reason for saying the shield sucks is cuz you really can't use it in combat long enough to be effective.

Jaged said it Audio Amp owns all. IMO If you are an infil the two best implants are AA and surge. Though i swap AA out for melee booster all the time.

Last edited by Streamline; 2003-06-20 at 12:40 PM.
Old 2003-06-20, 12:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Madcow
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally posted by Stream|ine
It does suck stamina when still and crouching but slower than if you are moving around.
It sucks the stamina slower than the stamina replenishes itself. It just drops to 99 and then back to 100 over and over.

If they don't do anything help cloakers out. Then all you'll be seeing soon is n00b stealthers. Cuz anyone that has played it extensively knows that theres no point with all the darklighters. Then again if the number of stealthers decreases then you won't see as many darklighters.
There's no point at the CC, and often inside bases themselves. You really need to pick your battles though. Using nothing but plasma grenades and my knife I got 30+ kills over the course of a few hours last night with my infil, and that was with horrific lag that kept costing me dearly.
Snipers on a neighboring hill holding your people down, hemming them inside a base? Take your time, get outside the base. Feel free to run once you get along the side of them (they're zoomed in, they have no peripheral vision at all). Once you get fairly close, crouch and move in just in case they're using audio implant. Now have fun slaughtering. If you have the melee implant you can take your time going from person to person killing. If you're discovered, it will most likely take 2 plasma grenades to get rid of everybody nearby.
Ant line of enemies running towards your base? Get behind the last one and feel free to run too. They're worried about the people in front of them, and can't afford to switch on darklight and lose their vision of who is shooting at them. Just wait for them to slow down or stop and get rid of them. If the battle is intense, make sure your alt mode on your knife is on at all times. It might be noisy, but they've got too many other sounds flooding their ears.
Old 2003-06-20, 01:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
2coasts
Corporal

I'm an infiltrator, and yes the easiest way to not have to worry about DL is just to kill the person without them ever knowing you were there, but that gets booring. As an infiltrator you do long for some responce from your vicitms.

For example, one time i was working a sniper hill and there were 3 snipers all in a row. So i walk up to the first, kill him with an amp, then immidiatly to the second, then the third. They all patiently awaited their turns to die. Its never hard to get tons of kills being an infl when you don't give the enemy a chance to fight back. Often you can find 2 snipers sitting next to each other like a pair of lovebirds, perfect for placing one boomer between and blowing them both sky high.

The real challenge is killing someone as an infl once they knowof your presence. That is where the real fun comes. This is why, if I encounter multiple snipers and have arrived at the last, or if i encounter a lone sniper, i try to have a little fun. I'll start off with a jamming grenade from a safe location. Then mabey torture him by lobbing plasma grenades at his location, or perhaps even by turning on that loud chainblade and lunging at him. The funniest thing is when a sniper realises hes been hit with a jammer, stands up, looks around despertly, and runs like a coward.

Thats not to say that it isnt fun to coldly walk up and dispatch snipers as they do to their vicitms, but just that sometimes it too easy.

[edit]
btw, perhaps the funnest thing to do as an infiltrator is to battle another infiltrator, thats why i have DL as my first implant. you can battle with another infiltrator, stalk him, shadow him, for long periods of times, its the hunt that is fun. and since you are an infiltrator you always know what to look for, its wonderfull to see another like yourself, acting just as you would. you shadow him untill you are within DL range, then slaughter him.
[/edit]

Last edited by 2coasts; 2003-06-20 at 01:07 PM.
Old 2003-06-20, 03:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Jaged
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Originally posted by Stream|ine
There is some truth to that. After all, the only cloaker you ever see is a n00b cloaker. The good ones kill before the enemy knows what is happening. Also, you said that anyone who has played a cloaker extensively (like myself) knows that there is no point with all the darklighters. This could not be further from the truth! All a skilled cloaker has to do is not give the enemy reason to turn darklight on. I always stick to this theory. I have died more times to friendly fire than to enemy darklight! It realy works. I suggest you try a cloaker before saying that they are useless. On a good day, I can be a killing machine. There is nothing more deadly than hacking an enemy AMS and desconstructing it right under there noses.
Old 2003-06-20, 04:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
aiwest420
Sergeant Major

Originally posted by �io
I just wish they made a counter DL implant. Make it VERY limited so that infils stay nearly as they are but just make somethign to help the DL infested world cause sooner or later EVERY single person WILL have DL and the infils out there and gonna be pissed.
Jammer Grenades.
Old 2003-06-21, 06:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #22
Streamline
Second Lieutenant

Originally posted by Jaged
There is some truth to that. After all, the only cloaker you ever see is a n00b cloaker. The good ones kill before the enemy knows what is happening. Also, you said that anyone who has played a cloaker extensively (like myself) knows that there is no point with all the darklighters. This could not be further from the truth! All a skilled cloaker has to do is not give the enemy reason to turn darklight on. I always stick to this theory. I have died more times to friendly fire than to enemy darklight! It realy works. I suggest you try a cloaker before saying that they are useless. On a good day, I can be a killing machine. There is nothing more deadly than hacking an enemy AMS and desconstructing it right under there noses.
Oh i have played much stealther. Believe me, since beta i've easily logged 3,000+ stealther kills. (thats kills as a stealther) there's a little over half that on emerald alone. About the last 150 or so kills on markov are not stealth kills. I played several br9s and a br17 in beta. All as infiltrator. So i do believe i've logged the time to know what i'm talkin about. Hell, i've probably logged more closet time than you've logged have cloak time.

I didn't mean cloaker were useless... i ment that your efforts as a cloaker generally are. The longer the game is played the less your old tricks work. Jackin AMS' is fine and dandy and all. But all it takes is one guy to run around the AMS spraying suppressor fire anywhere you could possibly hide.

Sure, "don't give guy a reason to turn it on" good theory but nobody has to have a reason to turn on DL. It just becomes instinct to turn it on whenever you get the urge. I've been killed plenty of times when 1) the DL icon doesnt show. 2) im not moving but they see me anyways. 3) im not handling any equipment and they still see me anyway. Times when there is just no way you could see me but was spotted anyway. Other times i've run right past ppl full sprint and had them totally miss me.

Now just cuz i got caught by DL does that make me a lesser stealther? Cuz i'm happy to pit my skills up against anybodies really. I just think there are too many things you just cant count on. Like not getting TKed or DL spammin wh0res.
Old 2003-06-21, 10:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #23
2coasts
Corporal

I agree, there are times when you cannot help being caught, times when you cant explain how the enemy saw you. But then ofcourse there are the other times where the enemy runs right into you, stops, takes 1 step to the left or right and keeps running
Old 2003-06-21, 01:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
SumYungGui
Staff Sergeant

I still stand by what I said. get some implants into the game that don't suffer from suck-itis and darklight will be more 'balanced'. by balanced I mean every single person over battle rank 6 won't have it because they'd actually be sacrificing some of these new 'good implants' in order to spot infiltrators.
Old 2003-06-21, 03:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
�io
Lieutenant General

Originally posted by SumYungGui
I still stand by what I said. get some implants into the game that don't suffer from suck-itis and darklight will be more 'balanced'. by balanced I mean every single person over battle rank 6 won't have it because they'd actually be sacrificing some of these new 'good implants' in order to spot infiltrators.
Old 2003-06-21, 03:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
Lonehunter
Lieutenant General

Stream|ine. Aren't you that guy who pretends to be a girl?
And if you back in 2003 decided you wanted to play RTS games, between then and now you'd have dozens of RTS games you could have played. If you decided to play MMOFPS' between then and now, there were none
Old 2003-06-21, 03:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
�io
Lieutenant General

Originally posted by Lonehunter187
Stream|ine. Aren't you that guy who pretends to be a girl?
Negative, that's SpaceDrake a.k.a. Lise.
Old 2003-06-21, 04:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
Diviant
Contributor
First Sergeant

But then ofcourse there are the other times where the enemy runs right into you, stops, takes 1 step to the left or right and keeps running
That happens so much, it makes me wonder....

I'll be running, cloaked (which makes you REALLY visible) and turn a corner, and run right into an enemy. I immediately crouch and stop. They just run by and I sit there amazed for a while.....then chase them down and kill them.
Old 2003-06-21, 09:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
2coasts
Corporal

they are probably using auto run...
Old 2003-06-21, 09:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
MilitantB0B
Colonel

Originally posted by SumYungGui
Indeed, fix the other implants and you will make my stealther very happy. Won't someone please think of the infiltrators?
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion