Striker Concerns - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Ramen, the food of gods!! ... or geeks, i forget which.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-01-26, 11:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #31
Kyonye
Contributor
General

the problem with the nerf won't be fixed, but they can fix one thing, the damn thing half the time doesn't lock on to its target, and yes i'm in range of its lock on. i'll be sitting there waiting for it to get a lock on a MAX while battling it and i have to switch to dumb fire mode just to shoot the damn thing. oh well.

<Smaug> omg kyonye is hot
Old 2004-01-27, 12:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #32
KIAsan
First Sergeant

Folks, there is only one true AV weapon in the game, it's the Deci. The current weapons titled "AV" are really Anti-Max or "AM"

If they upped the damage of "AM" to Deci damage, then we would have AV again. There would have to be a cooresponding decrease to clip size (otherwise they would be too powerful). Otherwise, I will just keep my SA and get the bonus weapons that come with it.

If it's not nailed down, it's mine. If I can pry it up, it's not nailed down.
Old 2004-01-27, 01:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #33
Lithpope
Corporal

Nod, Pre-BP Striker was 4 shots for a MAX but, never reloaded and shot again, I usually Pumped 3 into the MAX, broke out my Cycler and finished him off. Still use similar technique today, pump 5 into the MAX, switch to MCG and finish him off. This is faster than reloading. I am a die hard Striker fan, lock bugs and all. I would venture to say that fully 50% of my kills are Striker/CE (30/20). I get all gushy inside when a Lightning, Reaver or Skeeter be-bops up to a base and 3-5 Striker users reach out and touch them. If I had my druthers, I would do the following to the Striker:

1) Fix damn lock bug

2) Bump up the range a little (Don't mind Skeeters and Reavers hitting burners out of my range or out ranging my shots but, Irritates the hell outta me when a land vehcile does this)

3) Increase missle speed just a touch (see explanation in #2)

4) Small increase in damage per shot.

Any two or three of those four would make me happy with number one being a must.

Pre BP the Striker was stupid good. I remember walking into a clump of trees and dropping 2 Lighnings and a Skeeter in about 30 seconds with just a little dodging between trees. No weapon should be that good.
Old 2004-01-27, 01:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #34
GreyFlcn
Sergeant Major

Good Locking and Longer Range would be fine with me.
Old 2004-01-27, 08:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #35
Chaaos
Master Sergeant

Upping the damage to all AV would be fine with me. I just recently picked up the Phoenix (and just recently dropped) it was fun as hell to use but seemed like I couldn't even down a mosquito with a few good direct hits.

I'm all for boycotting AV 'till the devs do something.
Old 2004-01-27, 10:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #36
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Chaaos
Upping the damage to all AV would be fine with me. I just recently picked up the Phoenix (and just recently dropped) it was fun as hell to use but seemed like I couldn't even down a mosquito with a few good direct hits.

I'm all for boycotting AV 'till the devs do something.
Thats the way it is for most AV. I think we can all agree and a few things:
Buff all AV damage
Fix striker lock bug
Let us carry more ammo
And based on the other thread move Deci to AV or make it a dual cert thing (either AV or SA)

not that hard to do i hope the devs are going to notice

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
Old 2004-01-27, 12:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #37
SandTrout
Contributor
The one, the only

Haveing decie in AV and SA would screw MAXes compleatly, there are enough of them running around(and no, I'm not a MAX).

Heres some buffs for AV.
A) Increase the velocity of the Phoenix without decreaseing burn time. Make ammo 3x3 but only 2 shots per box.
B) Increase accuracy and Range of Lancer, have it use standard Energy cells at about 15 per shot.
C) Increase striker lockon range and maybe velocity. smaller ammo boxes.
Old 2004-01-27, 12:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #38
Lise
Second Lieutenant

Although I yearn for the +5 Striker of Biz0wning of yore, I know we'll never have a weapon like that again. *sigh*

I must ask but one thing though: INCREASE THE DAMN RANGE PLZ. Terrans really don't have much in the way of effective anti-air anymore... especially since the Burster is short-ranged too. If you want to kill Terrans these days, bring air power.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion