"The Trooper" video - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Helping the government brainwash you, one post at a time.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-02-22, 01:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
XxXMaRiNeXxX
Staff Sergeant

"The Trooper" video

Check it out. Feedback wanted no matter how brutal And if the video conks out halfway through, or the link is broken, please tell me, fore at that time squad engine will fear my ... wrath... wheres ninja mag hen u need him..

EDIT: and then i forgot the link..

ftp://www.squadengine.com/airborne.s...es/trooper.wmv

This one should work, its just a slower download for some reason...atleast, I got past the borking.

Last edited by XxXMaRiNeXxX; 2004-02-22 at 02:00 AM.
Old 2004-02-22, 01:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
kreeten
Contributor
First Sergeant

Liked what I got to see. Maybe a lil blurry,but I loved the music. Maiden kicks ass, fits well with a PS video. Too bad it borked on me bout 90 secs in.
Old 2004-02-22, 01:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
XxXMaRiNeXxX
Staff Sergeant

ah DAMNIT. I dont get this, the things just borkin out for no reason out of nowhere. Thanks for the kind words, but was it really that blurry? I filmed at 1280/1020...

What really sucks is it stops before the shots of me taking on a MAX one vs one in my jammies...granted, he was pobably hurt, but it was cool nontheless.

Last edited by XxXMaRiNeXxX; 2004-02-22 at 01:36 AM.
Old 2004-02-22, 01:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Mag
Lieutenant Colonel

Yeah, Marine, it's borking heavy.
Old 2004-02-22, 10:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Krinsath
Sergeant Major

I saw the whole thing...all 42MBs of it. The begining with the fading colors was cool. While there were some neat moments in it (especially where lyrics lined up with the on screen actions) it was just running around shooting things with music in the background. It was much better done than most of the videos of that, but still...a ***** is a *****. For over six minutes of video, I expected a bit more...of course, given the title of "The Trooper" I guess it goes without saying that you're not going to see armored convoys.

My favorite part was when you boomered that VS evidently while completely visible. Overall good...but that length almost begs for something more substantial. Sturmgrendier's movie was about that long and told the story of a base capture (we'll ignore the obvious mistakes in that filming as it did a good job of showing how the base was attacked). If you can incorporate story elements with your filming/editing skills, you'll do excellent work. As it stands...it's just good....which is a fair sight more than I give a lot of videos.
Old 2004-02-22, 11:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
XxXMaRiNeXxX
Staff Sergeant

Thanks Krinsath, yeah, I re-uploaded the file to the sevrer and it works which is why you were able to see it all. I'm going to start making movies with plots soon, right now I'm still getting the hang of the editing software and all that. I agree, a "WATCH ME KILL PEOPLE" movie isnt all that interesting. Check out the official pLanetside Markov forums, and download LXG's Nutreon Bomber thingy movie--- Its pretty good, tells the story of the "Trinity" Bomb.
Old 2004-02-22, 11:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
SecondRaven
Contributor
Major

It was ok, it defently was alot better then the recent video's commming out now of days by people
Old 2004-02-22, 01:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Mag
Lieutenant Colonel

Movies with plots ehh, how about getting that SnH video we've been talking about done?
Old 2004-02-22, 01:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Subterfuge
Corporal

It was ok. Music was good. Done better then some recent movies but still pretty much a guy running around getting frags. suppressor killing that MAX was funny though.
Old 2004-02-22, 05:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Ogge
Master Sergeant

o.O the part wher you had 70something HP... why dident you use one of your 6 med packs?
Old 2004-02-22, 06:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
XxXMaRiNeXxX
Staff Sergeant

I dont have a clue, really, I dont...I pack the medpacks but never seemed to use em.

And Mag, that SnH movie is pretty hard to film, I gotta sneak up on guys at terminals and hopping into cars and whatnot for your opening sequence, and finding a gal is hard enough nowadays
Old 2004-02-23, 12:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
BadDogEDN
Private

Misc Info

what do you use to record that
Old 2004-02-23, 03:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
XxXMaRiNeXxX
Staff Sergeant

FRAPS...demo is free, but it has advertisments all over it, and full version minus advertisments is 30.

www.fraps.com
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion