$10 a month? - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: It's whats for Lunch.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-02-26, 06:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Big Bro
Contributor
Master Sergeant

For those of us that have put up our own public and private gaming servers in the past, we know what that monthly fee buys us.

Unlike some other games (T2, CS, BF1942, etc.) the only gaming servers will be provided by SOE. It costs A LOT of money to get the bandwidth to pull this off. Have you had to price a T1 lately? Of course, that depends on where you live, but trust me you are getting a deal for ~$10/month.

Will SOE make money? They're BANKING on it! I'm sure they will, especially with a community like this before the game is even launched! WOW!

Also, I'm glad they are charging a monthly fee. Only the serious people will get involved with the game for an extended period of time. I want to play with/against serious people. Works for me.
Old 2003-02-26, 07:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Hamma
PSU Admin

A monthly fee gets you a game that is always being patched, servers that are run by teh company so as to keep the riff-raff out. (i think i spelled that right)

Not to mention an evolving game with features being added all the time.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2003-02-26, 10:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
OmnipotentKiwi
Lieutenant Colonel

It will most likely be $12.95-14.95. $12.95 is the standard for last generation games (DAoC, EQ), but prices each generation get higher, and I am sure they will raise the bar for this and SWG. Personally I feel anything over $10 is an overcharge, but oh well.
Old 2003-02-27, 06:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
Meshuggah
Corporal

Originally posted by =NCG=Big Bro
Also, I'm glad they are charging a monthly fee. Only the serious people will get involved with the game for an extended period of time. I want to play with/against serious people. Works for me.
Wish that was true...

Every game that is not 'way-too-old' or ain't limited to only a tight group will allways have ***wits messing around, no matter the price. Just hope PS will have less than others so far.

The 'no chit chating between empires' might just do the trick ingame, forums tho will be a flamefeast
Old 2003-02-27, 08:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
mikkyT
Contributor
First Lieutenant

Yep, EQ had its fair share of monthly paying griefers out there to make your life hell in lots of different ways.

But they will be the small minority.

Although I do like it when someone "goes postal". Even if I was a victim, the "going postal" exits from EQ we had over the years have been truly funny.
Old 2003-02-27, 09:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
DarkDragon00
Sergeant Major

Terran Elite Airborne Regiment

$10 buck would be nice even if its only for a while. But yeah it shouldn't be like EQ cuz there aren't any items and special quests that they have to have and no random crap everywhere so it should be $10...plz!

Dark- ...plz!

The only true thug left, i merc ni**as cuz they all seem like skirts, while i flirt, with danger ur at home, living comfortably, in the beggining couldnt afford a computer, but now im living like im a millionair, buyin' things, that u only have in ur dreams, maybe its cuz i made it out alive, im outy alright, and this is for u, the real PSU, i still love u, but what happened, u guys got a bunch of asses, in ur ranks, now ur forums are full of Sh*t

Old 2003-02-27, 02:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
Daedalus
Sergeant

You,know,this just keeps getting better and better
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion