News: Smed Tweets update on ProSieben Deal - Page 12 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: IU aemd typdin didts witdh myu nosert
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-03-30, 05:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #166
Skitrel
Contributor
Captain

Re: Smed Tweets update on ProSieben Deal

Originally Posted by ThGlump View Post
As a EU player who refuse to create pro7 account, what can i do with SOE one? Could i play on EU servers (as there is no lock), or im limited only to US servers? Or there is detection that dont allow me play with SOE account and i need pro7 acc for both EU and US servers?
Why do you refuse to create a pro7 account?

Mod: /r/gamernews
Join The Enclave: http://www.enclaveoilrig.com
Old 2012-03-30, 05:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #167
ThGlump
Captain

I have no confidence in them, i dont want to support them so i want to use station cash and soe shop, but if i cant i could survive as a freebie (its their money they losing). I dont want the hassle transferring accounts from soe to pro7 and then back to soe in the future (it will fail as many others even if it will take 5-10 years). I had bad experience with that form other companies losing whole accounts, money on them and prepaid time. I just dont accept being handled to inferior service, and try to use as much soe service as possible.
Old 2012-03-30, 06:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #168
Skitrel
Contributor
Captain

I have no confidence in them, i dont want to support them so i want to use station cash and soe shop, but if i cant i could survive as a freebie (its their money they losing). I dont want the hassle transferring accounts from soe to pro7 and then back to soe in the future (it will fail as many others even if it will take 5-10 years). I had bad experience with that form other companies losing whole accounts, money on them and prepaid time. I just dont accept being handled to inferior service, and try to use as much soe service as possible.
Well unfortunately by the looks of it you're going to be shit out of luck. It looks very much like all European account handling is going to be Pro7. I believe the way they'll get around region locking is by allowing European players to use NA servers but pay and use Pro7 accounts in doing so.

I personally don't have a problem with it(British), SOE accounts aren't going to be deactivated, we're still going to have them, if in the event the Pro7 deal disappears in the future all accounts will likely get merged back into SOE accounts. Pro7 as a company won't be going away any time soon, they look far too big for that and gaming isn't where they derive their main income from, it'll only be the deal that goes sour if their expedition into gaming doesn't work out for them. Time will tell, I don't think it'll be a major problem.

If anything, SOE is far more likely to disappear sooner than Pro7 anyway, they're smaller and all of their eggs are in the gaming basket, a couple of poor performing games to such a company is all it takes to drive such companies under, the money necessary to create games is immense and the risk level for loss is extremely high. THQ are a fantastic example of a company collapsing underneath such things.

Mod: /r/gamernews
Join The Enclave: http://www.enclaveoilrig.com
Old 2012-03-30, 06:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #169
NewSith
Contributor
Brigadier General

I think guys you're giving them a solution on region locking right now and that solution is shit. I'd advise you to edit your posts and remove any mention of paid crosserver play.

Originally Posted by CutterJohn View Post
Shields.. these are a decent compromise between the console jockeys that want recharging health, and the glorious pc gaming master race that generally doesn't.
Old 2012-03-30, 06:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #170
basti
Brigadier General

Misc Info

No fear there really.

Pro7 wont die, no matter what. Their whole network is gigantic, they propably laugh at the bit of cash they are going to spend advertising, because its really just a few coins compared to the other stuff they have going on.

Really mate, dont bury the horse already. The whole thing may fail completly, but we dont know that until it actually happens.
Old 2012-03-30, 06:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #171
ThGlump
Captain

I never said that pro7 will die. But that contract will end sooner or later.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion