Waterson/Mattherson - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Terran Components, Vanu Components, All made in Taiwan!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2014-06-06, 05:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Chewy
Major

Waterson/Mattherson

https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/...yessss.189047/

Shit about to go down.
Old 2014-06-06, 06:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Dougnifico
First Lieutenant

Re: Waterson/Mattherson

They should name it Emerald. (Like how they should have renamed Connery/Helios to Markov.)
Old 2014-06-06, 08:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Boildown
Sergeant

It should be named Jaegerson, like the original Waterson - Jaeger merge should have been called. No matter what, if you search for Jaegerson on YouTube, you'll find all my past, present and future PS2 videos (along with those of a few other Jaeger transfers).

Old 2014-06-06, 11:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Mordelicius
Major

It's going to be epic. Looking forward to butt heads with Mattherson VS.

Please, Give this server a NEW NAME.

It's the best route. It's not like I mind losing Waterson, it's just the Mattherson brand has way too much negativity associated with it. It's best to start fresh with a new name.

I smell a very packed and balanced server from the get-go. I was checking out Mattherson, and the Vanu are numerous, the TR and NC are about the same, with the TR having a bit higher BR and quality players. NC are a bit underorganized.

Waterson NC is highly organized last I've checked. While VS and TR are always complaining about lack of population, especially VS. Waterson seemed to have lost so many high level players I saw so many low BR VS.
Old 2014-06-07, 09:16 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Gimpylung
Master Sergeant

I have no clue about population issues on those servers but I can't help feeling that it's convenient for SOE to have a spare server for PS4 testing/launch and I wonder if that was one of their prime motivations.
Old 2014-06-07, 04:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Mordelicius
Major

Originally Posted by Gimpylung View Post
I have no clue about population issues on those servers but I can't help feeling that it's convenient for SOE to have a spare server for PS4 testing/launch and I wonder if that was one of their prime motivations.
It's more of the mechanic they are floating to Lock continents is dependent on fighting an alert on a particular continent, which mean alot of players will be locked out the moment the Continent Lock alert condition is triggered and PS2 players with membership will be prioritized on that queue.

It's the first time I've played PS2 in almost 3 months and there's fewer players in Waterson. And Mattherson (first time I've fought there in at least a year), I'd say has a bit more players. Although that happened during an alert, so I can't really tell if the players were concentrated during the alert.
Old 2014-06-07, 07:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Chewy
Major

http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/c...be_decided_by/

Looks like there might be a fight to see who gets to keep their name. I for one wouldn't mind something new other than Mattherson or Waterson.
Old 2014-06-07, 08:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Dougnifico
First Lieutenant

This is going to be a bloodbath...
Old 2014-06-07, 08:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Sarloh
Corporal

So it begins...

Now we fight for the server of Total Biscuit, the server names after the traitor that killed Connery, the server once known as the home of the TR!
We stand for Waterson!

There will be blood, sweat and tears.
Old 2014-06-11, 11:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Illtempered
First Sergeant

It's going to be interesting to say the least. WTF do we do when pops on this new server drop though?
Old 2014-06-11, 12:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Edfishy
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Illtempered View Post
It's going to be interesting to say the least. WTF do we do when pops on this new server drop though?
Merge into one super server!
Old 2014-06-11, 08:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
RSphil
Contributor
Major

this could make even more fun gona enjoy the new war
Old 2014-06-18, 07:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Mordelicius
Major

It seems like Mattherson is having second thoughts: http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/c..._server_smash/

First, they troll on r/Planetside, then on r/WatersonPS2. Then, they eventually invaded Waterson for days - with the 60-strong Ginyu Expeditionary Force ( https://www.planetside2.com/players/...22172388341244
) to show how superior they are and spam "Ginyu Force Rules" - only to be brushed aside with normal Waterson fights. (Note, the reddit author is the same leader of the said outfit).

Now, they are freaking out that Waterson is much tougher and organized than they've imagined and that they are actually less favored to win this match.

I'm pretty sure if Waterson wins, players will be advised not to troll the incoming new server. It's much like when Waterson absorbed Jaeger; we simply welcomed Jaeger and asked others not to troll.

But if Mattherson wins, they would most assuredly troll spam the chat.

And this is why it is important to have a new name instead, to remove that probabability 100%.
Old 2014-06-19, 12:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Gimpylung
Master Sergeant

Yeah, I totally understand what you mean, I can certainly see it being pretty unbearable for the losing server.

As an EU player however it's going to be delicious drama to observe from afar.
Old 2014-06-20, 03:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
Canaris
Contributor
General

Originally Posted by Mordelicius View Post
It seems like Mattherson is having second thoughts: http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/c..._server_smash/

First, they troll on r/Planetside, then on r/WatersonPS2. Then, they eventually invaded Waterson for days - with the 60-strong Ginyu Expeditionary Force ( https://www.planetside2.com/players/...22172388341244
) to show how superior they are and spam "Ginyu Force Rules" - only to be brushed aside with normal Waterson fights. (Note, the reddit author is the same leader of the said outfit).

Now, they are freaking out that Waterson is much tougher and organized than they've imagined and that they are actually less favored to win this match.

I'm pretty sure if Waterson wins, players will be advised not to troll the incoming new server. It's much like when Waterson absorbed Jaeger; we simply welcomed Jaeger and asked others not to troll.

But if Mattherson wins, they would most assuredly troll spam the chat.

And this is why it is important to have a new name instead, to remove that probabability 100%.
guess they learnt the true meaning of
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkyskI13KOs

"Don't matter who did what to who at this point. Fact is, we went to war, and now there ain't no going back. I mean shit, it's what war is, you know? Once you in it, you in it! If it's a lie, then we fight on that lie. But we gotta fight. "
Slim Charles aka Tallman - The Wire
BRTD Mumble Server powered by Gamercomms
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion