something absent from the AGN and the E3 stream (melee) - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: dude, wheres my cd key?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-06-11, 12:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #31
Robert089
Sergeant

Re: something absent from the AGN and the E3 stream (melee)

It was perfect in the original PS, it drew quickly and stabbed quickly without being instant. It was fast enough that I'd occasionally use it in close quarter engagements rather than reloading. I even got into the habit of switching it to the chainblade attack on respawn, just in case.
Old 2012-06-11, 12:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #32
GreatMazinkaise
Captain

Originally Posted by Robert089 View Post
It was perfect in the original PS, it drew quickly and stabbed quickly without being instant. It was fast enough that I'd occasionally use it in close quarter engagements rather than reloading. I even got into the habit of switching it to the chainblade attack on respawn, just in case.
More of the same is wanted, but what we've got now is quick knife as per the E3 vid...

This is definitely in the realm of "if it ain't broke"...
Old 2012-06-11, 12:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #33
Sirisian
Colonel

You guys realize we already discussed this when asked about it?
Quick Knife thread summary.
It was an interesting discussion for the time, but let's not turn this into another "prone" discussion.

I spent some time in that thread taking everyone's feedback into consideration to create a balanced knifing system. Honestly at this point we know very little about the quick knife or what changes they plan to make to it or if the one-hit kill backstab we saw in a video before is still possible. It's kind a pointless debate at this point unless you want to rehash the same key points brought up in the other thread. (That the developers already read).
Old 2012-06-11, 01:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #34
Bags
Lieutenant General

As long as it works like BF3 IDGAF. I rarely die to that knife even from behind.

Honestly I've gotten more kills on people trying to knife my teammates than I've died.

lol@hyperbole about "dying on the inside" over this. There's no way they were going to put in a PS1 knife when you die in 2 - 3 bullets.
Old 2012-06-11, 01:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #35
Reefpirate
Corporal

I finally registered to throw some input on this topic:

In a war zone with heavy explosives, tanks, bombers, close air support, assault rifles, sniper rifles, exo-suits, etc., I really don't see what the big issue with quick knife is. If someone goes through the risk and trouble to get close enough to poke you with a knife, then they deserve a bit of a reward in the form of doing a lot of damage, and hell even a one hit kill (from behind, or infil only maybe).

Also, it's not that hard to quickly draw a knife and attack with it at the same time, if you want to argue realism. Further on the realism point, against a fleshy human opponent a knife can do a whole crap-tonne of damage in a short amount time. The main drawback is the lack of range, not damage.

What baffles me even more is people worried about MAX melee doing too much damage... I mean, it's a powered exo-suit with hydraulics, and made of METAL. If you got smacked in the head with a fork-lift, you would need immediate medical attention, therefore, I think MAXes should be able to smash face if they get in melee range.
Old 2012-06-11, 01:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #36
Xeb
Private

Insta-kill sounds pretty dumb to me, "So my exo-suit can stop a sniper rifle bullet but not a knife?"

Thats the thing I never understood about Halo, For some reason a rifle is best used as a club rather than a firearm...
Old 2012-06-11, 01:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #37
Bags
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by Xeb View Post
Insta-kill sounds pretty dumb to me, "So my exo-suit can stop a sniper rifle bullet but not a knife?"

Thats the thing I never understood about Halo, For some reason a rifle is best used as a club rather than a firearm...
Sure it's dumb, but it rarely happens. If someone manages to avoid detection on EVERYONE on your faction and knife you from behind, you deserve to die.

We'll see how it pans out with cloakers, however...
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion