Brainstorming: VS MAX Special Abilities - Page 9 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: There you are
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-03-25, 05:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #121
sylphaen
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Brainstorming: VS MAX Special Abilities

TR -> damage dealing
NC -> damage blocking
VS -> damage avoidance ?

So anything that would help avoid damage like blink, side-step, phase-shift, etc...

Otherwise, Auto-destruct could be interesting. We are Vanu fanatics, after all !
Old 2012-03-25, 06:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #122
Justaman
Staff Sergeant

Here's my 3 cents:

- burst of movement speed
- temporarily doubles(triples?) peak speed
- strafing and backpedaling speeds = forward run speed for duration
- weapon accuracy is increased by a small % to compensate
- duration 10 seconds, 60 second CD (if activated during Auto-run, sustains duration until auto-run is broken, then starts cool-down)

- phase out of reality
- weapons are disabled
- become visibly see through
- lose all unit/wall collision (walk through walls!)
- lasts 3 seconds, 20 second CD

- horizontal blink
- instantly blink in direction you are moving (sideways, diagonal, backwards)
- only moves on a horizontal plane, will not blink upward, or angled upward (unless to follow terrain)
- moves 10 meters
- 8 second cool-down

Last edited by Justaman; 2012-03-26 at 03:06 AM.
Old 2012-03-26, 01:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #123
Ait'al
Contributor
General

This is the easiest change of all!!! 8) Climbing! The point is to get places. Now they can do all the same things and maybe slower. Climb trees. Climb vertical and possibly more then vertical surfaces. Just make them do it slower so you have time to stop them. If you don't see them or react they get up. Same thing new flavor. Keep the jets for getting up those more than vertical surfaces for nostalgia as a partial graphic and practical speed up.

Also make it so there is no height limitation! AND let them climb literally anything! It will have a speed variance naturally but they can now go up anything! So it's a bonus to VS maxes 8D And some different strategy to throw at them. And it could be used more cleverly than anyone would probably think. And the NC would still have the best counter to it.

And let them shoot while they climb. So they can hang places and fire to whatever extent they can see! Or limitless as an upgrade. 360 degree fireing! They could change it so it changes the max to a pod with telepathic connections! Then the outter skin can rotate around the surface of the person inside the pod. And if you realy want, if this counter works, have emp have a small affect on all actions for like 3 seconds!(only vanu maxes) Totally new max, old abilities.. Sort of! New gameplay!

Edit: VS maxes could have full weakness to emps for a total stopping power for a second or two. the entire new max could be based on the pod idea. Then the arms etc are all electronic. say a 1-2+ second total movment/function halt, maybe vision also. Kind of stealthy.

Last edited by Ait'al; 2012-03-26 at 12:33 PM.
Old 2012-03-26, 01:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #124
CrystalViolet
First Lieutenant

I still want to see wall and ceiling walking, similar to the way AVP handled the Alien race. It adds an element of unpredictability to the gameplay in the same way jumpjets do, and fits the VS mobility theme.
Old 2012-03-26, 01:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #125
Kran De Loy
Captain

Originally Posted by CViolet View Post
I still want to see wall and ceiling walking, similar to the way AVP handled the Alien race. It adds an element of unpredictability to the gameplay in the same way jumpjets do, and fits the VS mobility theme.
Aliens were also limited to melee only with their only semi-ranged attack being a pounce so while I would absolutely love to do that and I would probably doing it all night long every night for a year I don't think it's a good choice for the VS MAX.

I loved the old AvP. 2010 though and suck my .. well you know.

Last edited by Kran De Loy; 2012-03-26 at 01:47 AM.
Old 2012-03-26, 01:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #126
CrystalViolet
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Kran De Loy View Post
Aliens were also limited to melee only with their only semi-ranged attack being a pounce so while I would absolutely love to do that and I would probably doing it all night long every night for a year I don't think it's a good choice for the VS MAX.

I loved the old AvP. 2010 though and suck my .. well you know.
I think it would have to be balanced with things like timers and walk speed, but I really don't think it would be that OP once people learned to expect it. You could also give audio cues to the opposing team that a max might be hanging out right above them.

Last edited by CrystalViolet; 2012-03-26 at 02:03 AM.
Old 2012-03-26, 03:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #127
TheDrone
Sergeant

Originally Posted by CViolet View Post
I think it would have to be balanced with things like timers and walk speed, but I really don't think it would be that OP once people learned to expect it. You could also give audio cues to the opposing team that a max might be hanging out right above them.
I really like the "Inception" idea.

Severely decreased walking speed and a characteristic "thud"-sound at every step would do to keep this from being OP.

But of course this really opens the door to all kinds of exploits as the level design wasn't done with this kind of 3D gameplay in mind.

So I guess the following ideas are better:

http://www.planetside-universe.com/s...8&postcount=22
Malorn's sprint mode
Malorn's Charge-up (which I like most of the 3)
http://www.planetside-universe.com/s...4&postcount=33
chanic's maneuverability
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion