Do you consider the Jackhammer overpowered? (Balance whiners keep out) - Page 4 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Get off my bandwidth!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

View Poll Results: How do you feel about the following HA Weapons?
I think the Jackhammer is Overpowered 41 42.71%
I think the jackhammer is well balanced 35 36.46%
I think the jackhammer is underpowered 11 11.46%
I think the MCG is overpowered 15 15.63%
I think the MCG is well balanced 39 40.63%
I think the MCG is underpowered 10 10.42%
I think the Lasher is overpowered 13 13.54%
I think the lasher is well balanced 36 37.50%
I think the lasher is underpowered 16 16.67%
I think HA should be removed from the game entirely 21 21.88%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2003-12-23, 07:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #46
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

Ballenced all the way around, but i think i need a sort of Super MA cert thats is like HA but for ranged fights.

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
Old 2003-12-23, 07:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #47
Rarzo
Sergeant

I voted that The JH is overpowered because Im jealous that the VS dont have it...
Old 2003-12-24, 02:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #48
Veteran
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

To answer that, two words:

crack babies

"Blessed are those who Hunger and Thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied." - Jesus Christ

PlanetSide player, retired
Old 2003-12-24, 02:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #49
BadAsh
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Queensidecastle
I dont think its the cert points that bother folks. Rather it is the Quake-style, instagib aspect of gameplay it creates.
A point I'd like to make here... why is it a problem when an infantry guy can get more than 3 quick kills before dying?

HA did not introduce instagib into a game that has vehicular mowing, Reavers, 1-shot infantry kill tanks, orbital strikes for that mass instagib, boomers, Liberator bombers etc... there are dozens of ways to die quickly in this game. Pulling one out of the hat and blaming it for all the woes is just not right IMHO...
Old 2003-12-24, 03:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #50
Doppler
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by BadAsh
A point I'd like to make here... why is it a problem when an infantry guy can get more than 3 quick kills before dying?

HA did not introduce instagib into a game that has vehicular mowing, Reavers, 1-shot infantry kill tanks, orbital strikes for that mass instagib, boomers, Liberator bombers etc... there are dozens of ways to die quickly in this game. Pulling one out of the hat and blaming it for all the woes is just not right IMHO...
I kinda tend to have to agree with him, tanks are more effective then the best Jack/Lash/MCG user, cost 3 cert points less, and have no real supply require (you need a tech plant, oh no)

Doppler/Galgimp-J/Hardcased

Lord give me strength of arm, will, mind, and the accuracy of shooting to preserve them all.
Old 2003-12-24, 04:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #51
flypengy
Master Sergeant

^^^

enforcer gun is nearly as powerful as the vanguards and doesn't even need a tech now :}
Old 2003-12-24, 04:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #52
Eldanesh
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by flypengy
^^^

enforcer gun is nearly as powerful as the vanguards and doesn't even need a tech now :}
Nearly, one-hit's an agile and down, takes two on rexo. IIRC, like 3-4 for maxs.

But yeah, phear the enforcer noobs.
Old 2003-12-24, 08:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #53
Cloaked_Thunder
Private

IMHO I believe the JH is slightly overpowered. With the MCG vs. JH, I always get capped especially in tower fights. The vanguard needs nerfin IMO,..... or jack up the prowler and mag's ROF.
Old 2003-12-24, 08:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #54
Chaaos
Master Sergeant

Hehe, maybe they want more range from it. Or they feel the poll is totally pointless that they submit whatever as their vote.
Old 2003-12-24, 10:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #55
Queensidecastle
Contributor
Major

Apples. Oranges.
Old 2003-12-24, 11:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #56
BadAsh
First Lieutenant

Apples. Oranges.
Not really,

To hear some of you talk, you�d think HA somehow ruined the game. To get HA you have to spend 6 cert points and you are only effective against other infantry. I can beat a HA user with several 3 cert weapons/items.

3 Cert HA banes:

Plasma Thumper� if I�m in a base wall the HA will die, if we end up in CQB I�ll probably die
Sniper Rifle: again it�s a matter of situation� at range HA dies, at CQB the sniper dies
Infiltrator Suit: Only 2 certs� if you detect me I die and if you don�t you die
AI MAX: HA�s only chance is to change ammo and be able to surge behind me, if I put my back to a wall this won�t happen.
Mosquito: HA has the option to hide in a building or die
Lightning: HA has the option to hide in a building or die
Assault buggy: HA has the option to hide in a building or get mowed by the driver or owned by my gunner
Any Tank: does this need to be described?

HA is the ultimate infantry weapon and it costs enough cert points to warrant the advantage in a limited situation: Anti-Infantry CQB. That�s what it does, and that�s all it does. To hear some of you talk about it somehow turning PS into quake� you�d think just cert in HA and own everything. Now, if HA gave you the ability to mow through infantry, tanks, aircraft, MAX Units, and everything else I�d have to agree with you. With the exception of the secondary fire mode of the JH, HA is NOT instagib. On a typical HA frontal assault I usually manage to kill 2 or maybe 3 MA users before I�m taken down. This is far from �uber� status.

The real problem here is, IMHO, is that too many people choose not to spend 4 cert points on a limited anti-infantry weapon and instead get vehicle and support certs. You are mad because after killing several people in your Lightning or Reaver, you get killed by HA when you bail out and try and fight with your MA weapon. You want to be a Super Joe CE, ADV Hack, ADV Med, Pilot extraordinaire and then still want to own infantry with your free (0 cert cost) Agile Armor and cheap (2 cert) MA Sweeper. But you get owned by the guy who invested 6 cert points (MA = 2 unused pre-requisite, HA = 4) for an anti-infantry set up and complain about �uber� weapons? I just don�t see the validity of this argument.
Old 2003-12-24, 01:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #57
Queensidecastle
Contributor
Major

The majority of targets to shoot at are infantry

HA is the best and most effective way to kill other infantry that can be carried

Comparing vehicle weapons and vehicles in general to infantry is apples and oranges and that was the comment which I was responding to. In your subsequent post, you have created a different argument.

You want to be a Super Joe CE, ADV Hack, ADV Med, Pilot extraordinaire and then still want to own infantry with your free (0 cert cost) Agile Armor and cheap (2 cert) MA Sweeper. But you get owned by the guy who invested 6 cert points (MA = 2 unused pre-requisite, HA = 4) for an anti-infantry set up and complain about �uber� weapons? I just don�t see the validity of this argument
You must have me totally confused with someone else. I have heavy assault on 3 of my characters and dont have trouble killing anyone. However I do recognize the Quake-like feel that HA has brought to the game and prefered the damage output from infantry before the HA buffs
Old 2003-12-24, 01:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #58
Spee
Colonel

Today, I got 70 kills with a lasher.

Just the lasher.
Old 2003-12-24, 01:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #59
JFPhoenix
Corporal

I think they are all balanced but I don't like the fact that when you are at closed range with a medium assault weapon and the other guy has HA then unless he's really bad at shooting and you are really good at shooting he's going to kill you. The only way to counter that is a MAX or another HA.
Old 2003-12-24, 01:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #60
BadAsh
First Lieutenant

The majority of targets to shoot at are infantry

HA is the best and most effective way to kill other infantry that can be carried

Comparing vehicle weapons and vehicles in general to infantry is apples and oranges and that was the comment which I was responding to. In your subsequent post, you have created a different argument.

You must have me totally confused with someone else. I have heavy assault on 3 of my characters and dont have trouble killing anyone. However I do recognize the Quake-like feel that HA has brought to the game and prefered the damage output from infantry before the HA buffs
I don�t think your apples and oranges analogy applies here because:

1. Vehicles are a viable item/tool that you can have access to provided you spend your cert points on one. HA is a viable item/tool that you have access to if you spend your cert points on one. Yes, it�s the most powerful infantry carried weapon. For 6 cert points it better be good for something! I think your comparison is more �what weapons infantry and carry� and mine is more along the �bigger picture� view comparing �what things you can cert in� to attain killing power in the game.

2. A quake-like feel to PS? Come on man I don�t see this at all. In Quake 1 I became very proficient with the rocket launcher, strafe-jumping, and timing power-up respawn times. After mastering all 3 of these �skill� sets I was able to obliterate whole CTF teams single-handedly. PS has nothing that can come close to this. In PS with HA you have to hit the target several times at close range to get a kill. In Quake I could shoot the floor in a room from a mile away once with a quad rocket and turn the 3-5 guys there to goo. I�d agree PS had a quake-like feel if vehicles were removed, and a weapon equivalent to the Vanguard�s main gun was available to infantry (complete with a pack of 300 rockets � the Quake 1 ammo limit)� now THAT would be a Quake-like feel�

In PS there are many ways to die besides getting killed by HA. Of those HA is the hardest to score a kill with. So generally speaking, HA does not dominate the game. It dominates anti-infantry CQB only. I don�t have a problem with that, not for it�s cert cost, and not for the ability for players to specialize at what they want to be good at. Want be king infantry? Then get HA and practice. Want to be super ace? Then cert in air cavalry and practice.

My point here is� heavy infantry should not complain about getting killed by tanks and aircraft and caught in the open. Likewise, tank drivers and pilots should not complain when they get killed by heavy infantry when caught in CQB. You can�t be Super Joe everything, the cert system was built to prevent that.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion