For all those Airborne - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Home of: Original Chainsaw Knife.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-02-17, 06:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
DarkDragon00
Sergeant Major

For all those Airborne

Terran Elite Airborne Regiment

For all those who plan on going airborne plz feel free to post on the types of planes you would like to see. Here are a couple of mine.

1. A bomber- Attack runs would be so sweet in these.
2. A V-class DropShip- A dropship meant for vehicles, only they can get in.
3. Supiority Fighter- Missles and stuff
4.Gunner Ship- A ship designed to destroy light vehicles and infantry. Full of gun mounts. Flys low, flys fast.

[TEAR]Dark- I wanna bomb, i wanna run, i wanna cry, when the shelters full, cuz they say F U, no more room for you. * * => BOOM!

The only true thug left, i merc ni**as cuz they all seem like skirts, while i flirt, with danger ur at home, living comfortably, in the beggining couldnt afford a computer, but now im living like im a millionair, buyin' things, that u only have in ur dreams, maybe its cuz i made it out alive, im outy alright, and this is for u, the real PSU, i still love u, but what happened, u guys got a bunch of asses, in ur ranks, now ur forums are full of Sh*t

Old 2003-02-17, 06:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
ABRAXAAS
Lieutenant Colonel

Old 2003-02-17, 07:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
SandTrout
Contributor
The one, the only

Originally posted by ABRAXAAS

Devs have stated that they don't want spam(read bomber), want to make large tanks hard to bring to bear(V-class), and want most of the fighting to be ground based(supiriority fighter).

The Reaver is designed to take out vehicles, but the multipule guner's positions sounds like a good idea.
Old 2003-02-17, 07:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
RPD
Private

i want to see a leaonardo da vinchi airplane
Old 2003-02-17, 08:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Aryeh
Private

I actually would like a plane that just had a bunch of bottom mounted chainguns. That'd rule for mowing down infantry (even though that's what I'll be ).
Old 2003-02-17, 09:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
BCR
Private

I for one, would like to see a tap dancing moose that can sing "We are the Champions" backwards. But it ain't gonna happen.

Was that a little too cynical?
Old 2003-02-18, 01:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
TheGreatCarbini
First Sergeant

Dancing moose... man... how are you NOT a millionair yet with ideas like that?
Old 2003-02-18, 02:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Lexington_Steele
Lieutenant Colonel

I just don't want it to be like boating.

Sit Back, Relax, and Enjoy the Action.
Old 2003-02-18, 02:16 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
OmnipotentKiwi
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally posted by Lexington_Steele
I just don't want it to be like boating.
They have explained multiple times that they wanted to have a way for players with less "player skills" to be able to enjoy the combat aspect of the game, and piloting seemed like a good place to put it in. Please read the official update forum here and look at this thread and note there will be other ways to test your 1337 skills with flying.
Old 2003-02-18, 03:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
BUGGER
Major General

Misc Info

I'm fine with all the vehicles they are offering man, how could you ask for more!!!!!

http://mrchevys3.blogspot.com/

Living is easy with eyes closed.
Old 2003-02-18, 07:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
HopperWolf
Private

Re: For all those Airborne

Originally posted by DarkDragon00
Terran Elite Airborne Regiment

For all those who plan on going airborne plz feel free to post on the types of planes you would like to see. Here are a couple of mine.

1. A bomber- Attack runs would be so sweet in these.
2. A V-class DropShip- A dropship meant for vehicles, only they can get in.
3. Supiority Fighter- Missles and stuff
4.Gunner Ship- A ship designed to destroy light vehicles and infantry. Full of gun mounts. Flys low, flys fast.

[TEAR]Dark- I wanna bomb, i wanna run, i wanna cry, when the shelters full, cuz they say F U, no more room for you. * * => BOOM!
1. A bomber would mean the dreaded spam bombing, i can see why it isn't there.

2. A v-class dropship? well, the galaxy can carry a vehicle, but one specifically for vehicles would either be pointless or insanely advantagous. For balancing issues you would either only carry one, therefore not much better than the galaxy (in which you can also carry people) or multiple in which case transporting an army would be a lil too easy.

3. A Superiority fighter would produce a core dogfighting crowd, but I think most of us want to concentrate on the ground combat, with air support and transport.

4. Gun ship. Well, the galaxy has the gun emplacements and the reaver is pretty anti-vehicular from what I gather.
Old 2003-02-18, 09:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
Lexington_Steele
Lieutenant Colonel

Thumbs down

Originally posted by OmnipotentKiwi
They have explained multiple times that they wanted to have a way for players with less "player skills" to be able to enjoy the combat aspect of the game, and piloting seemed like a good place to put it in. Please read the official update forum here and look at this thread and note there will be other ways to test your 1337 skills with flying.
Booooooooooo.
I don't see how making the flight engine suck will mean that people will enjoy combat more.

This is supposed to be a skill based game, not a game that is accomadating for carebears. SOE has SWG to take care of all the carebear needs.

Just cause I can fly behind objects does not mean the filght system enjoyable. If flying is not fun, I am not going be demonstrating any manuvers at all.

Down with the boating.

Sit Back, Relax, and Enjoy the Action.
Old 2003-02-18, 09:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
Deadlock
Contributor
First Lieutenant

i would like to see an airbase type plane. something big and slow with lots of gun and roket turrets who's main purpose is to esscort galaxys. it wouldnt be very good at attacking ground forces, so it wouldnt throw things out of balence. just good for deffense and that way u aint gota cirlce the damn galaxy all day with ur reavers and skeeters caues the freakin things so slow.
Old 2003-02-18, 11:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
KeviN
First Sergeant

They need to have basic controls (boating) and then advanced controls (something mroe along the lines of an actual flight sim) That would work for newbs and pros.
Old 2003-02-18, 11:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
Snake13
Private

no they just need to make controls about as complex as BF1942, boating is stupid and no fun
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion