Prosieben is listening to the European Community - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: A monument to all your needs
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 2012-02-23, 07:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #31
Coreldan
Colonel

Re: Prosieben is listening to the European Community

It's no secret that in F2P type games your usual paying customer easily spends 2-3 times more money on the game than with the more "traditional" payment models like retail cost and/or subscription model.

That said, there will be a lot of free players too, but obviously the payment model is succesful, seeing that just about anything but the outright biggest names have moved to it.

Core - Lieutenant | HIVE | Auraxis
Visit us at http://www.wasp-inc.org and YouTube
Old 2012-02-23, 04:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #32
stordito
Staff Sergeant

As European my soe account is now clean of personal info, credit card.,subscriptions.it just have email and its' ready to be dumped if EU Vets are not in beta AND no regional lock is implemented,plus there is no way my data goes in any other hand other than SOE.

Maybe in the US Sony can do that, but here this unclear movement of personal data just screams "EU costumer's rights commission here,please!".
If this pass we can just file a complaint to Strasburg and they'll handle it...
Old 2012-02-23, 05:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #33
Figment
Lieutenant General

Technically SOE is not moving the accounts for us. From what I understand, we have to make new accounts, after which a transfer of goods and characters can be initiated, probably through an appeal.

At least, that's what I understood from the FAQ: it'll be our choice to make a new account with ProSieben. Of course there seems no alternative other than quitting, so it's not much of a choice.

Let's see what Smedley's discussions bring as he tweeted they are trying to find a way to let us all play together afterall.

Last edited by Figment; 2012-02-23 at 05:11 PM.
Old 2012-02-23, 05:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #34
stordito
Staff Sergeant

yes it's a clever way to say you actually made actively the transfer..i bet the whole procedure will be entitlet "register here to play online" and not "press here to let us copy your data to a third party server". consensus must be explicit, if not it's just a scam...
Old 2012-02-23, 05:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #35
Figment
Lieutenant General

They can't simply hand over the data, that'd be illegal.
Old 2012-02-23, 05:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #36
Vash02
Major

Originally Posted by Figment View Post
There's probably a clause buried deep in the TOS allowing them to do that.
Old 2012-02-23, 08:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #37
Talek Krell
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Vash02 View Post
There's probably a clause buried deep in the TOS allowing them to do that.
Well, that doesn't necessarily make it legal. Hopefully there's a way to get this impending problem fixed. My gunner is on military deployment in Germany for the foreseeable future, so the detrimental effects of this aren't even just isolated to Europe. >_>
Old 2012-02-24, 01:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #38
Tehroth
Corporal

I wish this game wasn't F2p. I would rather everyone have to work for their things instead of paying for it. I am sure SoE being the cash grabbers they are will eventually make weapons and gear that you'll have to buy or will lose without it.

In fact I am positive why else would you spend so much money developing a f2p game?

Also splitting up your community...really? You would think developers,producers and stockholders would realize what the gaming community wants for the most part. Instead we always get someone doing idiotic things that should have stopped happening 8 years ago.
Old 2012-02-24, 03:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #39
Gandhi
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Tehroth View Post
I wish this game wasn't F2p. I would rather everyone have to work for their things instead of paying for it. I am sure SoE being the cash grabbers they are will eventually make weapons and gear that you'll have to buy or will lose without it.

In fact I am positive why else would you spend so much money developing a f2p game?
Cosmetic and convenience items actually make a ton of money by themselves, and most serious developers know selling power is the quickest way to kill a game. Unless it's a Korean MMO, they're "special". I really doubt SOE plans to go that route, and if they do I'll stop playing along with I would guess thousands of other people.
Old 2012-02-24, 03:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #40
Sabrak
Contributor
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Tehroth View Post
Because F2P games makes lots of money.

You just have no idea how much players are likely to spend on cosmetic stuff in a cash shop.
Look at Team Fortress 2 or League of Legends.
Old 2012-02-24, 06:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #41
Sta
Private

Originally Posted by Sabrak View Post
Because F2P games makes lots of money.

You just have no idea how much players are likely to spend on cosmetic stuff in a cash shop.
Look at Team Fortress 2 or League of Legends.
yea, im crazy bout assault rifles
I certainly buy one when it looks better than the standard one....
Old 2012-02-24, 06:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #42
Ragefighter
Contributor
Sergeant

soe run cash shop doesn't worry me at all. They have it in eq2 for years and have no pay to win items.

not sure how ps2 vet status is going to be handled but it would be nice if for X amount of days active in PS2 you get non game breaking rewards. like consumable xp items and stuff. This would give a true f2p way to get them.

But yea, i really doubt there will be anything to do with more powerful weapons and stuff on the store.
probably like name change items and server transfer items or something along that also, unless you can log into any server, but they haven't mentioned that, iirc, yet.
Old 2012-02-24, 07:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #43
Trolltaxi
Sergeant Major

All I want after Smed's tweet:

- still no pay to win
- no 90 days inactivity delete
- beta access
- way to play on EU/USA common server

In that order.
Old 2012-02-24, 07:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #44
Boomzor
Staff Sergeant

The thing is, I've been used to spend ~12€ / ~15$ a month on subscription based games for a pretty darn long time and I'm in the mindset of being willing to put that in the cash shop each month as well. That is, if the good will towards the games stays on a positive note. That good will has been seriously rattled now.
Old 2012-02-24, 08:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #45
ringring
Contributor
General

Originally Posted by Figment View Post
All they need to do is to properly inform you.

In a different sphere, you rent a property and the property rental company is taken over by another one. Your details will be transferred, but you will (should) be kept fully informed.