PSU: why are you looking at these?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > General Gaming Discussion

Old 2012-09-06, 06:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
XxAxMayxX
Sergeant

open world survival game

Hey Im looking for a current gen open world survival like day z where you need food water and other loot to live. It needs to be challenging and graphics from atleast a console quality. Whenever I do a google search all I get is horror survival I like horror games but would rather play something like project zomboid or day z (not horror by the way they just have zombies).
Old 2012-09-06, 09:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
camycamera
Major

Re: open world survival game

well.... why wont you try Dayz? that game is the definition of a survival game, and putting the graphics on high makes it look absolutely wonderful. but seriously, WHY do you want " graphics from atleast a console quality"? who gives a shit about graphics anyway, Minecraft is another example of a great survival game. Also, how about Fallout 3 with the mod "Fallout 3 Wanderer's edition"? I believe S.T.A.L.K.E.R is another survival game, although i have never played it. A mod for Crysis called Escape: Paradise is absolutely beyond hardcore, and will make you throw a chair at your window because of how hardcore it is (obviosly you must eat to survive, but you have can die in ONE shot, and you can only save the game by finding a safe house and going to bed, and ammo is EXTREAMLY SCARCE, even more scarce than Dayz itself. I think that ARMA 2's campaign is survival-like, maybe i am wrong, but i also know that ARMA 3's campaign is set in a post-war place where you must survive, although i don't know about eating and stuff in the game. a great game that doesn't involve "eating to survive" but just surviving would be i guess the awesomeness of the Half-Life series. just go play it.

those are games that i can think of from the top of my head, but that is all.

oh and gameplay over graphics any day dude.
Old 2012-09-07, 04:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
XxAxMayxX
Sergeant

I have played day z its just kinda clunky and im looking for something similar.
Old 2012-09-07, 11:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
camycamera
Major

true, but it is in alpha.

PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > General Gaming Discussion