How much money have YOU spent on SOE games/subs over the years? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Reject me
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-07-01, 05:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Madcut
Private

How much money have YOU spent on SOE games/subs over the years?

I totaled mine up from my first payment (2/8/03), which was for Station Pass Sub so I could play Infantry. I think Infantry was F2P, but had some incentives for getting a Station Pass. Two days later (2/10/03) it shows my first EQ sub. I remember buying the whole package of Everquest expansions which was up to Planes of Power at that time. The discs came in a F'ing golden chest! It was such nerd rage for my little 13 year old, seventh grade self.

My first Planetside subscriptions was on 7/8/03. I probably bought the game on 6/8/03. I feel like I remember starting to play around a week after the game released. My payment history shows $74.94 spent on Planetside. I imagine the original game cost around $30-40, so I've probably spent more like $110 on PS.

My last payment to SOE was 7/7/10 (give me a new game to pay for SOE!) for an EQ2 sub and I don't even think I played it that month, but forgot to turn of the auto renew function.

So, totaling up all the subscriptions from 2003 to 2010, I've given SOE $515.24. Is that a lot? A little? I don't know. I'd say that $500 for over seven years of entertainment (not consecutively, mind you) isn't a bad deal. Would I do it again? Would I tell my former 13 year old self to buy that Station Pass? I'm not sure. I might have given him a drum kit instead, but I digress.

The $515.24 is for mostly subscriptions. I probably bought a few expansions with that as well, but I also bought the games and expansions in retail stores. So I assume I've spent more like $700-800 on SOE online games.

So enough about me, how much have YOU spent on SOE games? I think the person who has spent the most deserves immediate PS2 beta access!
Old 2012-07-01, 05:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Zar
Sergeant

Re: How much money have YOU spent on SOE games/subs over the years?

Originally Posted by Madcut View Post
I totaled mine up from my first payment (2/8/03), which was for Station Pass Sub so I could play Infantry. I think Infantry was F2P, but had some incentives for getting a Station Pass. Two days later (2/10/03) it shows my first EQ sub. I remember buying the whole package of Everquest expansions which was up to Planes of Power at that time. The discs came in a F'ing golden chest! It was such nerd rage for my little 13 year old, seventh grade self.

My first Planetside subscriptions was on 7/8/03. I probably bought the game on 6/8/03. I feel like I remember starting to play around a week after the game released. My payment history shows $74.94 spent on Planetside. I imagine the original game cost around $30-40, so I've probably spent more like $110 on PS.

My last payment to SOE was 7/7/10 (give me a new game to pay for SOE!) for an EQ2 sub and I don't even think I played it that month, but forgot to turn of the auto renew function.

So, totaling up all the subscriptions from 2003 to 2010, I've given SOE $515.24. Is that a lot? A little? I don't know. I'd say that $500 for over seven years of entertainment (not consecutively, mind you) isn't a bad deal. Would I do it again? Would I tell my former 13 year old self to buy that Station Pass? I'm not sure. I might have given him a drum kit instead, but I digress.

The $515.24 is for mostly subscriptions. I probably bought a few expansions with that as well, but I also bought the games and expansions in retail stores. So I assume I've spent more like $700-800 on SOE online games.

So enough about me, how much have YOU spent on SOE games? I think the person who has spent the most deserves immediate PS2 beta access!
I've had a sub to ps1 since it started which is about 9 years i think + my eq sub I've paid $1726.92 Not sure but i think that makes me a soe fan boy black belt.... not super proud of that >.> + ps1 game it self and the core combat expansion don't remember how much it was >.< tbh

Last edited by Zar; 2012-07-01 at 05:32 PM.
Old 2012-07-01, 05:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Stardouser
Colonel

Wow, I didn't do a spreadsheet or anything to be accurate so I may have missed $100 in either direction, but my primary EQ account is at $1,977. And the current account website only shows payments back to 2001.

This includes expansions and character transfer robbery fees. I hate numbers so I'm not going to add up my secondary account but it's probably $800-1000.

MMOs iz serious bizness.

Last edited by Stardouser; 2012-07-01 at 05:47 PM.
Old 2012-07-01, 05:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
SKYeXile
Major General

im not sure probably about $1500 though, most of thats not from planetside though, god dam free realms.

SKYeXile TRF - GM
FUTURE CREW - HIGH COUNCIL
Old 2012-07-01, 05:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Littleman
First Lieutenant

I play Mabinogi on and off. I saved ALL of my cards. They total up to a little over $1000. That's over the course of one or two years, before stopping for a long time, and not counting paypal transactions.

I plan on spending a lot in Planetside if they give me a lot to buy. If they throw armor pieces onto the cash shop to customize our outfits with, I may just buy them all up. I definitely want a trenchcoat under my armored vest for when I got to Esamir. Looking like a Terran Republic imperial snowtrooper would be a dream come true.

EDIT: I really don't know how much I spent on PS. Let's go with "not enough."

Never played EQ.
Old 2012-07-01, 06:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Arkaiden
Private

If my calculations are correct... about $2000.

Obviously not enough to qualify for the PS1 free time, heh.
Old 2012-07-01, 06:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
capiqu
Contributor
First Lieutenant

was it 50.00 + (13.00x12)9 = X ?

Old 2012-07-01, 06:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
InternetZombie
Private

I wouldn't know how to track it, I've only recently started paying for my own account. For most of my life my dad paid for it and we'd get free expansions and stuff for EQ, EQ2... Hell they even gave us a free copy of Planetside (thats how I found out about it)
Old 2012-07-01, 06:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
The Kush
Captain

Thousands upon thousands
Old 2012-07-01, 07:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Madcut
Private

I think SOE has received the most money from me out of any other gaming company. Blizzard get's second place. I spent a lot of money on FFXI and Darkfall for a little while, but some of that was from purchasing gold/gil and/or items.
Old 2012-07-01, 07:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Sledgecrushr
Colonel

I started playing eq back in '02 and kept an account until '08, thats about a thousand bucks. If you factor in all of the expansions I spent a lot of money on soe products. Loved every minute of it too.
Old 2012-07-01, 07:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Furber
First Sergeant

Waaayyy too much, that's all I need to know. Can't wait for dat F2P
Old 2012-07-01, 07:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Mastachief
Contributor
Major

~$2200

Average play time of 2.0hours per day and falling. Need metagame / Continents.
Old 2012-07-01, 08:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Spiritbeast
Private

$0.00
Old 2012-07-01, 08:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Zulthus
Colonel

EQ1 somewhere around $1550.... PlanetSide in the neighborhood of $900.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion