War Stories! - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: We found Waldo
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-08-14, 12:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
DovahTerran
Corporal

Cool War Stories!

Just come along and post some funny/epic/ridiculous stories (with or without pics or vids) from your time in PS2.

To start.. A buddy and I were fighting on Amerish this morning. The pops were low and it was mostly man to man infantry combat. Over at Auraxicom Substation, I stopped a small group of NC pubs from taking the point. They retreated into the highlands west of the base, and just kept trying to set up positions. Turrets, beacons, the whole 9 yards.

However, most of them were inexperienced or just bad shots, so I hunted them with my TSAR-42 and a 2x scope like they were deer. They'd pop their heads out or bunny hop across the hills trying to dodge my shots, and I'd take them down. I didn't cloak more than twice, and even ran straight into enemy fire (dodging most of it) and managed to cap two with my Commissioner pistol before the other 4 ran up the hill.

This cat-and-mouse game lasted for maybe 20 minutes as I finally got to their last squad beacon, broke it, and downed the survivors with my teammate.

Overall? I got a really Elmer Fudd style vibe from the experience.
Old 2013-08-14, 05:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Osskscosco
Corporal

Re: War Stories!

Once I logged in and crashed.
Old 2013-08-14, 08:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
camycamera
Major

once i was present for an entire alert, with 2 minutes left we were dominating, i was just about to get a billion xp for killing a galaxy, and then i crashed, and missed out on 20,000 xp.
Old 2013-08-15, 06:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
DOUBLEXBAUGH
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by camycamera View Post
once i was present for an entire alert, with 2 minutes left we were dominating, i was just about to get a billion xp for killing a galaxy, and then i crashed, and missed out on 20,000 xp.
Happened to me last night, 20 seconds left on the 3rd Bio Lab...
Old 2013-08-15, 07:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Qwan
Captain

Well there was this one time in band camp... LOL

Well lately (prior to retirement), there were quite a few epic battles. Alot of them have been during alerts, the fighting gets real intense during the last 20 to 15 minutes.
Old 2013-08-15, 11:16 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
DevilzRightHand
Sergeant

I had the chance to log in on INDAR and regroup with a platoon precisely when they were doing field run.

If there is some "lvl 1-10(new person to ps2) in here that don't know what a field run is.
Its when there is like 30-40 guys pushing over a FIELD while tanks are firing down on them,
Wall canons flashing in the distance, lightings and harassers flying by shooting as they drive of in the distance.

So there I was: Podding in on my squad leader and landed safely behind a rock formation.
People where running past me like crazy while others were screaming in the mic ala: saving private Ryan style:
MOVE FORWARD and DON'T STOP !!! So I was like: Eh OK? And rounded the rock formation.

And what I saw I KNOW is happening every day and every hour in planetside 2 but DAMN that was awesome!!!
As I rounded the rock formation there were a HUGE field in front of me with some small rocks scattered over it.

There were like 30-40 people running over it while mag-riders / lightings / stood on a higher position firing coverer down over our heads, Harassers flying by me as I run over the field, People dying everywhere, Explosions going off right in my face but I manage to stay out of the blast area and survive, people screaming for MEDIC while other is trying to hide behind the smallest plants and rocks for cover.

Tracers going every where, people screaming orders in proximity chat (MOVE FORWARD!!) while other just scream this is awesome : (like my friend that had his jaw on the floor ^^)

So we reach a trench in the "middle" of the field where every one gather up.
I can't see our tanks any more on the hill but I still hear the sound of rockets flying over the trench where 30+
ppl now are hiding as best as they can in.

I try to peek up over the "trench wall" just to get like 10+ tracers against me so I duck down again and starting to think how long it will take until we get flanked or a lib is coming overhead and have a clear bombing run.

Now the fun stuff happens. A guy (totally crazy imo) comes running ( I can even hear him BEFORE he get down in the trench with us other) MOVE FORWARD !!! DON'T STOP !!! HELP THAT MAN UP !!
So he is like RAMBO coming down in the trench, He stop for a second almost like: wtf are you doing here?

Then he goes again: MOVE FORWARD and this time EVERY ONE (that is 30+) ppl run up from the trench and towards the wall, Everything is coming down @ us at this time. Cannons, heavy assaults, Snipers I mean EVERYTHING is shooting at us @ this point. But we still take us over the wide open field and as I turn around I see 2 sunderers advancing over towards the trench we were in seconds before. One blow up in a huge explosion taking out 5 ppl while the other barley managed to survive and get into cover.

The fight continued for probably 1 - 2houers more, going back and force until the VC corp came swooping in with 3 gals fully loaded with troops drooping them right on target so to speak and thx to that the defenders got so stuck in between everything so they moments later died out and fell back.

Like TR always do...

So in the end: THX TR 4 the nice targetpractice.
And to NC: ... hahah well just sad rly about you guys because we all know you suck so...
Nothing more to say there ^^

trolololol
/Sry bad eng

Last edited by DevilzRightHand; 2013-08-15 at 11:42 AM.
Old 2013-08-15, 06:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
camycamera
Major

also, there was a time when a guy yelled at a bunch of AFK guys in the warpgate in proxy telling them they were useless, standing around doing nothing "instead of being useful" as we were getting destroyed on Indar. of course, nobody did anything. they were AFK.

on a more super srs note, going on Harasser, striker, and mini-chaingun killstreaks are always fun.
Old 2013-08-15, 07:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
GreyFrog
Master Sergeant

Had two heavies try and rocket me in my MAX suit last night.......except one stepped in front of the other as he fired and they both died
Old 2013-08-16, 01:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Ertwin
Staff Sergeant

I once drove a full sundie down a cliff, it hit a bump and barrel rolled. One guy panicked and bailed. He died, the rest of us drove on as if nothing had happened.
Old 2013-08-16, 02:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Rumblepit
Second Lieutenant

Ok, I was running around a tech plant with the outfit ,and out of the blue everyone started to shoot at me. They said there was a nc infil right on my location. So im running around looking, and everyone is shooting at me,im jumping, im spinning, im running in circles,everyone screaming the infil is right on your location!!!!. Finally I died.I looked at the kill log and it said some nc had died from a outfit member,and i had committed suicide.

At the spawn room moments before I pulled what i thought was a tr infil. The game felt the need to give me a nc infil. Hence why everyone was shooting at me.

I use my mossie to get me all over the place as a light assault. I have ejection, but I only use it sometimes.I like to be able to launch myself with the mossie and i can get good range. If i pull up ,hit the after burner, then bail I can toss myself 500+ meters and land on targets.

So one day im getting my tower farm load out ready on my light assault, get my mossie with no ejection, then im off to crossroads.We owned the crown at the time so i flew in from that side.I got my speed up,pulled up real hard, and then i hit the afterburners and i bailed right above the crown.Im flying threw the air towards the crossroads moving as fast as a mossie with my light assault. I see my ledge ,and slow my approach few taps on the jet pack and im on the tower. I start to look at targets when all of a sudden im SMASHED by a mossie,and it just so happen to be the same mossie i had bailed out of 500ms away at the crown.

Last edited by Rumblepit; 2013-08-16 at 03:03 AM.
Old 2013-08-16, 08:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
DovahTerran
Corporal

these stories are epic.. Bahahah.

I think Devilz, Grey's and Rumblepit's are my favorites at this point. But I've done most of these scenarios at least once myself; never gets old eh?

Lately I seem to really enjoy camping the shield doors of spawns as an infie. If you catch a few noobs <BR10 in there, you can really freak them out. I just cloak in and out and in and out right in front of the door, and I literally watched them run away and just start shooting out another door until they saw I left. And if that isn't enough, I saw a few of them at the next base I fought at and proceeded to stalk them 'til I was killed by stray fire. Poor sod didn't know what to do.
Old 2013-08-16, 07:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
BloBBloB
Private

Originally Posted by GreyFrog View Post
Had two heavies try and rocket me in my MAX suit last night.......except one stepped in front of the other as he fired and they both died
Remembers me about that time I was playing as a Max and found a lone heavy. I was charging at him planning to punch him, but he fired his rocket when I was point-blank at him and he suicided.
Old 2013-08-17, 02:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
Rolfski
Major

First time I joined an outfit was in beta with 666th Devildogs. We were massing up an enormous Vanguard zerg I've never seen before: I was literally shooting "Amurica fuck yeah!" to the screen like nobodies business, feeling invincible and I'm not even from the US.

Needless to say that sconds later, that "invincible" tank zerg got completely obliterated by a single TR squad with a bunch of Skep launchers...
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion