Is anybody else suffering from burnout? - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: And what makes them so "sovereign?"
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-04-01, 08:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Brusi
Contributor
Major

Re: Is anybody else suffering from burnout?

With many waitworthy MMOS and a lot of other Single player games, all you get is a press release 3 years before the game is actually released.

It's almost worse how much information they are giving us for this game... just enough to keep us glued, but not enough to satisfy.

I've already burned out and rebuilt my excitement quite a few times

p.s. @exile Add my firefall char: ign Brusilov. i'll be on pac timezones after work with the 247 beta servers

”You can have hundreds of players fighting against hundreds of players fighting against hundreds of players in these massive cluster-fuck battles

Matt Higby on the scope of Planetside 2
Old 2012-04-01, 10:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
KALU
Master Sergeant

I will wait for as long as it takes for PS2 Its been 8 years i can wait a few more months for beta............

I will be getting my FPS kick from BF3 until beta starts..

Old 2012-04-01, 10:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Roradan
Corporal

NO but i'am burn out on my job and buying a new computer this month for ps2 i don't think about ps2 all day long. i work but to be able to come home and spend a hour or two on ps2 will be amazing. i'am super excited about it coming out but i can wait...............plus the more time they take developing the game the more we should enjoy it hope to see you all in beta and after and my the NC see victory in future day's

Last edited by Roradan; 2012-04-01 at 10:53 PM.
Old 2012-04-02, 02:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
TerminatorUK
Master Sergeant

Problem is that the GDC video footage has ruined us like a $1 whore and screenshots aren't now aren't 'man' enough to measure upto that.

At the beginning there was so little information coupled with the feeling of potential vaporware with Planetside 'Next' that the smallest thumbnail of an official screenshot had us reaching for the box of tissues.

Rather than a handful of screenshots per week, I'd rather see a 30-60 sec example video of the class/weapon/vehicle in action which gives us much more to talk about and speculate over on the forums.
Old 2012-04-02, 03:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
Wanderer
Private

I am excited for PS2 but my expectation is tempered by the fact that it's probably a fair way off (and we have no info in that regard) and as an Aussie I probably won't be in beta. Not to mention that when it does come out there isn't likely to be a Oceanic Server making a twitch game pointless... but I live in hope.
Old 2012-04-02, 04:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
Cosmical
Contributor
Cosmic Comics

Dude, theyre still sending screen shots of MAX suits being modeled? We're nowhere near beta. Textureing, animating, play testing, balancing. Were not even there yet.

I dare say when they have working combat we might be allowed in just so they can start getting some real game data. But still... play Battlefield 3 and get better at your battle awareness, and combat assessments. God knows you we will all be raped from 360 degrees when we get on the planes on Auraxis.
Chinese New Year 1 / Chinese New Year 2 A Comic about mediocrity.... and bizarre stuff.

Last edited by Cosmical; 2012-04-02 at 05:02 AM.
Old 2012-04-02, 04:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #22
StumpyTheOzzie
Second Lieutenant

ok, I thought I was the only one. Seems like it's a general trend that the buzz is dying off.
Old 2012-04-02, 04:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #23
Cosmical
Contributor
Cosmic Comics

Originally Posted by StumpyTheOzzie View Post
ok, I thought I was the only one. Seems like it's a general trend that the buzz is dying off.
Gah!! I dont know if you guys are doing this as silly little reverse psychology because you think if the devs read it theyre going to go "UH OHS!! Better get it in Beta before they all lose interest!!". Lets face it, if you sign up for a forum like this, which i havent done for any other game in my 27 years. Then youre going to come running whenever the game is released or in beta! Because we all know how special Planetside is/was.

What will be more damaging? Releasing a game thats poorly made, so that you guys can all flame it to death before release, directly resulting in its death? Or waiting till its ready, and a few people not doing cartwheels over the thought of it for a few months?

Ofcourse you will lose interest, and fizzle out. Just like you cant watch a film over and over, or listen to an album over and over. Come back in a month and be re-energized.

The devs are in a Unique possition where they have to keep us PS1 goobers informed, without giving too much information away that they will lose their big information blowout splash for when the game finally comes up to release.

Just be grown ups and do something else with your time, or atleast realise that youre in a totally bizarre and privledged situation here were you get to shape the game you want to play with constructive critisism direct to the Dev's themselves.
Chinese New Year 1 / Chinese New Year 2 A Comic about mediocrity.... and bizarre stuff.
Old 2012-04-02, 04:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #24
Knocky
Major

Hell we are still playing Planetside.

Having plenty of fun playing.

Not even worried about whenever the Devs get around to starting PS2 beta.

They will get to it whenever.
Old 2012-04-02, 05:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #25
Stormhall

Originally Posted by Cosmical View Post
Dude, theyre still sending screen shots of MAX suits being modeled? We're nowhere near beta. Textureing, animating, play testing, balancing. Were not even there yet.

I dare say when they have working combat we might be allowed in just so they can start getting some real game data. But still... play Battlefield 3 and get better at your battle awareness, and combat assessments. God knows you we will all be raped from 360 degrees when we get on the planes on Auraxis.
I'd say ARMA 2 is a way better for battle awareness and combat assessments I also think it's a bit closer to Planetside on vehicular terms.
Old 2012-04-02, 08:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #26
Hmr85
Lieutenant Colonel

Try to stay occupied doing other things while you wait. Skyexile was right on the money with his comments from earlier. I try to spend most of my time playing other games while I wait. I'll check in every now and then to post. Once you been around for awhile you'll start to notice that every other topic posted in GD is a repeat of a topic covered about 4 or 5 months ago.

Anyways, Just check your email daily otherwise carry on.

Old 2012-04-02, 10:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #27
headcrab13
Second Lieutenant

Hard to be burned out on PS2 hype when you work 12 hours a day :\

I'm lucky if I even get a chance to check PSU, and new art and screenies at the end of a long day is a nice bonus.
Old 2012-04-02, 11:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #28
Bittermen
Sergeant Major

I find it funny that people complained about SOE's lack of marketing and now it's

"they started too soon!"
Old 2012-04-02, 11:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #29
ThGlump
Captain

I will still drool over any new screen or info about PS2. But im little burned out from reading everything on this forum. Now i read first page and skim rest of thread unless is interesting. Can you call it burned out? Maybe. But im still hungry for anything new regarding PS2.
Old 2012-04-02, 12:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
Raymac
Brigadier General

I've been on this forum damn near everyday since Smed first posted that Vanguard pic over a year ago. I should be burning out right around the time when beta hits.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion