Outfit member Cap - Page 4 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Stop giving him hope!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-04-03, 05:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #46
SKYeXile
Major General

Re: Outfit member Cap

Originally Posted by Dart View Post
It's funny that particular opinion of Outfit Wars is held by every Outfit Leader who was unable to participate... Regardless, the tournament had massive issues however it did offer a chance for commanders and clans to put their money where their mouth was, in an isolated situation. To show off their superior organisation, if you like...

And you didn't play in EVERY major Outfit; you never ran with us, muchless became a member.
Yea Evilpig did play in outfit wars, he played against us twice, in an group made up of NC killwhores, problem was, Evilpig seemed to be the only person on the team, the rest just played how they usually played. Their line up when you looked at it was far more impressive than FC's, but we played as a team, they' didn't, we respeced we went in with a plan and adapted to anything thrown at us.

I see a lot of cop out excuses here, "but thats not how we usually play"...fail, you adapt to the situation, you don't play how you usually play, if we had of played how we usually played we would have lost, aircav and HA/Rexo wont win the day unsupported, combined arms does.

SKYeXile TRF - GM
FUTURE CREW - HIGH COUNCIL
Old 2012-04-03, 05:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #47
BuzzCutPsycho
Sergeant Major

Man I bet the third person stair camping was intense! Truly a feat only achievable by the most skilled players. But please, I must know... what was the A/D strafing like? Did you guys scrim on the test server to get your warping down to a science?

It must have been a sight to behold!

Last edited by BuzzCutPsycho; 2012-04-03 at 05:52 PM.
Old 2012-04-03, 06:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #48
Dart
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by BuzzCutPsycho View Post
Man I bet the third person stair camping was intense! Truly a feat only achievable by the most skilled players. But please, I must know... what was the A/D strafing like? Did you guys scrim on the test server to get your warping down to a science?

Oh look, it's the leader of the self-proclaimed best Outfit in history of Planetside using sarcasm. Classic!
Old 2012-04-03, 06:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #49
SkitzoSniper
Private

Originally Posted by BuzzCutPsycho View Post

If you are seriously still complaing about that then you must have gotten seriously butthurt a few times. In the games last years it was the strafe that seperated the good from the great. Guys like Commandirka who had amazing strafes(and accuracy to boot). It was an exploit that was taken advantage of, and you had to adapt or die. Did it ruin the game? In some ways, yes. But in others it just gave it a new angle to try and get better at.

Old 2012-04-03, 06:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #50
Effective
First Lieutenant

Misc Info

Because people who warp are hard to kill!

./sarcasm

My Stream - http://www.twitch.tv/effectivex
Old 2012-04-03, 07:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #51
BuzzCutPsycho
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Dart View Post
Oh look, it's the leader of the self-proclaimed best Outfit in history of Planetside using sarcasm. Classic!
GUYS DON'T WORRY ABOUT THAT RANDOM AIR TOWER. DELTA TRYHARD HAS GOT IT UNDER CONTROL.
Old 2012-04-03, 07:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #52
SKYeXile
Major General

Originally Posted by Effective View Post
Because people who warp are hard to kill!

./sarcasm
yea...also people fail to understand if they're warping a shitload for you you can generally bet that everybody is warping a shitload for them.

SKYeXile TRF - GM
FUTURE CREW - HIGH COUNCIL
This is the last VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-04-03, 07:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #53
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

PS for all we loved it, was a second rate shooter at best with poor mechanics. It was awesome because of the MMO and persistent world aspect and having the freedom to go where you want do what you want. As far as skill as a shooter it was quite terrible. Most any game out there is a better measure of skill. It's really sad when "skill" in a game boils down to how well you can glitch out the game and how well you've learned to adjust to the glitching.

But organization, tactics, that's something Planetside had unlike any other game out there, save maybe WWII Online.
Old 2012-04-03, 07:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #54
EVILPIG
Contributor
Colonel

Originally Posted by SKYeXile View Post
Yea Evilpig did play in outfit wars, he played against us twice, in an group made up of NC killwhores, problem was, Evilpig seemed to be the only person on the team, the rest just played how they usually played. Their line up when you looked at it was far more impressive than FC's, but we played as a team, they' didn't, we respeced we went in with a plan and adapted to anything thrown at us.

I see a lot of cop out excuses here, "but thats not how we usually play"...fail, you adapt to the situation, you don't play how you usually play, if we had of played how we usually played we would have lost, aircav and HA/Rexo wont win the day unsupported, combined arms does.
I played on 3 different teams on three different empires. Kobra Kai on NC (The Killwhore Conglomerate). I played with PcP as an alternate for one of their matches and with a known VS outfit who gave it a good effort.

www.planetside-devildogs.com
Old 2012-04-04, 01:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #55
robocpf1
First Sergeant

No outfit member cap please.

---

As for what kind of outfit is better than another, all I'll say is that an empire needs both types. Neither is "better" - they're both part of the empire's war machine. Let us not forget that when we take objectives, it's not just one outfit or squad - the entire empire wins. I think that we sometimes get too involved in interoutfit struggles and drama to remember that we aren't each our own faction, and if you want to truly make a difference on the battlefield, you cooperate with one another, within reason. Even I, as a large outfit leader, won't hesitate to ask DT or DARK for assistance or support, and I've noticed that they don't hesitate to ask me either. That's what the entire empire needs, in my humble opinion.
Old 2012-04-04, 01:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #56
Zulthus
Colonel

Why would we need outfit member caps? The more the merrier.
Old 2012-04-04, 01:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #57
DOUBLEXBAUGH
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by robocpf1 View Post

As for what kind of outfit is better than another, all I'll say is that an empire needs both types. Neither is "better" - they're both part of the empire's war machine. Let us not forget that when we take objectives, it's not just one outfit or squad - the entire empire wins. I think that we sometimes get too involved in interoutfit struggles and drama to remember that we aren't each our own faction, and if you want to truly make a difference on the battlefield, you cooperate with one another, within reason. Even I, as a large outfit leader, won't hesitate to ask DT or DARK for assistance or support, and I've noticed that they don't hesitate to ask me either. That's what the entire empire needs, in my humble opinion.
I disagree. If an empire had no leetfits to help it it would fail more often than not. You can look at your own empire in the beginning on emerald. VS was always last place, and the only leetfit they had was AC who didn't care 1 bit about their empire (DT came later). However if an empire had no large outfits all the midsized ones would still mainly attack the same targets forming a zerg the leetfits could work around. Leetfits and the organized midsized outfits are what mainly moved the maps in PS, zergfits were for the most part rather useless.

OT - As for a cap, its not necessary, if someone wants to herd all the noobs let em.

Last edited by DOUBLEXBAUGH; 2012-04-04 at 04:10 AM.
Old 2012-04-04, 04:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #58
Dart
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Malorn View Post
PS for all we loved it, was a second rate shooter at best with poor mechanics. It was awesome because of the MMO and persistent world aspect and having the freedom to go where you want do what you want. As far as skill as a shooter it was quite terrible. Most any game out there is a better measure of skill. It's really sad when "skill" in a game boils down to how well you can glitch out the game and how well you've learned to adjust to the glitching.

But organization, tactics, that's something Planetside had unlike any other game out there, save maybe WWII Online.
Completely agree. Skill in PS was past a certain level of competence, sure almost entirely to connection -predominantly as a result of issues with it's design. The only 'skill' in PS was situational awareness. Our put another way, know which gun our vehicle to use at which time, in relation to your precise location and the actions of everyone around you, in order to achieve your objective.

Artificial member caps are silly. If certain leaders want to prioritise quantity over quality , let them! Limiting their numbers will only mean less kills for the rest of us while they get so big they won't be able to organise a piss-up in a brewery.
Old 2012-04-04, 04:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #59
Dart
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by DOUBLEXBAUGH View Post
I disagree. If an empire had no leetfits to help it it would fail more often than not. You can look at your own empire in the beginning on emerald. VS was always last place, and the only leetfit they had was AC who didn't care 1 bit about their empire (DT came later). However if an empire had no large outfits all the midsized ones would still mainly attack the same targets forming a zerg the leetfits could work around. Leetfits and the organized midsized outfits are what mainly moved the maps in PS, zergfits were for the most part rather useless.

OT - As for a cap, its not necessary, if someone wants to herd all the noobs let em.
While I sort've agree with this sentiment, you cannot last that charge at robo's door. GotR were the single most consistently effective, large-scale Outfit in the history of PS and, particularly under his leadership, the VS on Emerald relied upon them. That aside however, I do believe most large Outfits are too big to be anything but less than the sum of their parts. I'd rather play to my full capability than feel like I was being held back because I was worried that I needed superior numbers in order to win...
Old 2012-04-04, 05:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #60
PredatorFour
Major

On werner some ppl would claim our outfit (long forgotten soldiers) were a zergfit cos we were an armour based outfit. This was laughable cos we had to fight the enemy zerg to get our fight and kills. The point is that while these so called leet players were flying around in mossies in small groups, we were moving the fight with sheer armour grunt and logistics on the ground. Cr 5s would moan about the zergs but couldnt get them to move no matter how much they whined in globals, whereas we pushed them along in the direction we wanted.

Rolling over the enemy lines on the battlefield was a very pleasant experience.

So NO to outfit cap, the more the merrier for outfits like us.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion