Lets use this forum to discuss yesterday's fights! - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Fun place to visit, but don't drink the water.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-02-19, 10:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Colonel Nikolai
Private

Lightbulb Lets use this forum to discuss yesterday's fights!

Sounds like a good idea to me.

Febuary 18th saw one awsome bridge battle on Cyssor. The TR zerg did their usual march to the South , pushing back the Vanu. Meanwhile the NC began their slow creep across the east of the continent. When the TR reached Nzame, and the Vanu dug in on the far side of the bridge, one of the most enormous and fun battles I've seen yet occured for what is now known as "Antietam Bridge".

Well thats what I think we should call it.

Anyway, that had to have been the most fantastic display of bizarro strategies that I've ever seen, at least from the TR side. Vanu snipers should painfully recall finding themselves on the recieving end of my Deliverer's full load of rexos, driven ever-so-craftily under the bridge to avoid enemy detection. Then came the Backdoor Raid, when four deliverers packed with TR decided to try hooking over the north end of the island and going in the sneaky way. We could have used some ADV medics . After that came repeated deliverer runs to drop off troops for guerilla warfare. I found myself playing ferry driver until the VS started catching on and camped my unloading point with MAXes.

The battle wore on for over a day in PS time, until finally the NC started working their evil way against us from the southern bridge. Then we started being overwhelmed. It didn't help that you guys went up to Wele and blew our tech-plant's gens, then nobody volunteered to go up and fix them . Without Prows or any other heavy weapons, and feeling the combined pressure of the two armies, I had my squad pull back and attempted to shift our momentum north, to Chuku. The idea was that by taking the NC's soft upperbelly we could make more territorial gains than by spending our time fighting off TWO empires, however, when I raised this possiblility over broadcast it was shot down by a guy yelling "NOO! REMEMBAR THE ALEMO! FIGTH TO THE LAST MAN!". I think he was a little too serious. Also came the traditional, "You're not a CR4 or higher, how can we tell you know what you're talking about? You're just some pompus idiot telling us to attack so you can get XP for it. Well I'm not going because I'm happy getting shot repeatedly from two sides while our northern holdings get raped and left for dead, thank you very much."

So that didn't work in the end. But I did have fun driving the hell away as fast as my 2nd in Command (SanguineGhost, a kickass guy) could go. To everyone who didn't unload their post-buff AV weapons on us during our strategic advance to the rear, thank you, thank you heartily.

That's my take on the fight as a TR and a squad leader. How'd your battle experience go?
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion