old oshur event is bs. - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: It's three in the morning. GO TO BED. Nerd.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2012-07-07, 04:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Rumblepit
Second Lieutenant

old oshur event is bs.

dont tend to rage much, but im gonna speak my mind about this.

rules were most bases after 6 hrs wins, all bases were neutral to start.

so the event starts out like this, tr in a warpgate ,nc in a warpgate , and vs in a tech base???????? yup they started in a tech base. anyway we run for tech and a inerlink right off the bat. before we got past the first towers vs were showing up in mossies and started mowing us down. never the less we pushed on and so did the nc. we got a good foot in the door and started with 4 bases, nc had 3 and vs had 3. we push the vs back to 1 base with the nc. then we drop their gen and they have no spawn point... vs are gone right??????? no. Brewko gets in csr chat and says vs send me a tell if u want on old oshur. back up to full pop in no time. tr and nc push on. we get them pinned into their last bases and we are farming away waiting for the ntu to drain. it was down to 40% when brewko yet again lends a helping hand. 40% to 90% in a blink of a eye.

love to take part in community events,but the next time he has one im gonna tell him to shove that event up his purple butt.

maybe ill be the only one offended by this, im very competitive.
Old 2012-07-07, 04:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Lixion
Private

Re: old oshur event is bs.

You do know VS lost right?
Old 2012-07-07, 04:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
NoDachi
Master Sergeant

Looks like you still got Oshurs sand still up your butt.
Old 2012-07-07, 04:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Rumblepit
Second Lieutenant

well aware of it. they should have been out along time ago. eitherway the event was bs.

and to tell ya the truth it would have been better if he was fair about it. all he did was pissoff the tr and the nc and that got the vs booted.

favoritism dosnt always work out so well.

Last edited by Rumblepit; 2012-07-07 at 04:44 PM.
Old 2012-07-07, 04:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
EightEightEight
Sergeant Major

I understand there may have been issues but you have to understand Brewko organized this event on his day off. Sometimes the events don't go as planned just have to roll with the events and try and enjoy them or don't and play on the rest of the map.

I mean the devs don't have to plan events for us as all but I personally appreciate that they take the time to do these things and interact with the community
Old 2012-07-07, 04:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Pyreal
First Sergeant

Was VS under there 150 player limit?
Old 2012-07-07, 04:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Zulthus
Colonel

What's the crying about? Each empire had a tech plant an equal distance away from their starting point. VS got Jamshid, NC got Izha and TR got Dahaka.

If anyone should be complaining it'd be us, we got double teamed. But even then it took both empires forever, with a population advantage to take us down. And it only happened when they took the gen down. If the gen was defended we'd still be holding it.

I guess the event was fun for a while nonetheless.

Last edited by Zulthus; 2012-07-07 at 04:54 PM.
Old 2012-07-07, 04:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
OnexBigxHebrew
Sergeant Major

Wow. I'd just be happy that someone gave a damn about organizing an event for a decade old relic of a game. Count your blssings that anyone still logs on.
Old 2012-07-07, 04:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
RodenyC
Master Sergeant

Hmm the OP got to play yet after 4 hours I didn't.Op is either NC or TR teaming up and not killing each other so they can kick the VS off? And he's complaining? Did I miss something?

Last edited by RodenyC; 2012-07-07 at 05:02 PM.
Old 2012-07-07, 05:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
basti
Brigadier General

Misc Info

Obviously Rumble doesnt know what really happend, at all.

VS started in one warpgate, just as anyone else. But, for whatever reason, a good chunk of our guys got teleported to atar and not the warpgate. We told Brewko several times, but the event started anyway, and we just put our hack on atar (that was the plan all along anyway).
Some of us (ISK + VC) quickly grabbed mossys and went to Jamshid. AT maxcrashed over to Jamshid as well.

Thats why we had a tiny headstart.

Now, the NTU is a different topic. You cannot get a ANT on old Oshur, as there is no Warpgate to fill it. GMs cannot spawn filled ANTs, or teleport vehicles, means there literally is no way to get a filled ant on Old oshur.
They could only fill bases manually, and thats what they did.

I did like the event, but VS got double teamed right from the start. Im pretty sure TR will win this one, as NC suck way to much to pull anything good off.

Having Instant action working on Old Oshur would have helped a ton, but sadly that didnt seem possible.
Old 2012-07-07, 05:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Vere
Private

The three empires started on even grounds, even if the quickness of the first hacks on all sides surprised me. The pop was 33% for the first hour, then as it became clear that VS was getting doubleteamed, the VS pop dropped. I think that was the cause for the late invitations to some VS, if there really were any.

Thanks to the devs and all who organized this event, and for the nice "loser commendation"
Old 2012-07-07, 05:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
GTGD
First Sergeant

All I can see are TR and NC tears and the refusal to take responsibility for forming another lame alliance.

The bases were filled because it would be impossible to fill them otherwise. The warp gates didn't work. If the bases were drained, would that mean "oh well, nobody can use this base anymore"?

Brewko let the VS back on Oshur because when you cooped the gen, it booted a whole bunch of people who were spawning back to the sanctuary. It's not like they could have gotten back by going through a warp gate or HARTing in. So sweet, because you double teamed the generator, any VS that was in the middle of spawning deserves to be kicked out of the event that was still going on! Totally, bro.

And finally, I can't speak for Jamshid but I know a ton of VS and some TR were teleported directly to Atar's air pad and told not to move from their starting positions or else they'd be removed from the event. That was definitely a screw up. Not a reason for the TR and NC to make an alliance though. Last thing I saw before I left was a prowler shooting at an NC AMS, but when it saw the color scheme it stopped shooting and turned around to head to the backdoor and farm any VS trying to push out.

It's pretty sad when the two empires who bitch the most about blown generators cooperated to blow Atar's gen at least 6 times, all while not fighting over any other base. Not to mention that after losing tech, the VS weren't even a threat since pushing another base meant losing Atar. It would have been nice to see all the bases and terrain on Oshur, but instead the VS got to stare at the floorplans of a dropship center for a couple hours before being muscled out by double the population of crybabies.
Old 2012-07-07, 05:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Effective
First Lieutenant

Misc Info

I'll be honest, it makes sense to push the VS off first. Neither the TR or the NC can pull so many maxs in such a short amount of time. You may not have figured this out, but fighting constantly against a flood of maxs IS NOT FUN.

My Stream - http://www.twitch.tv/effectivex
Old 2012-07-07, 05:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Zulthus
Colonel

Originally Posted by Effective View Post
I'll be honest, it makes sense to push the VS off first. Neither the TR or the NC can pull so many maxs in such a short amount of time. You may not have figured this out, but fighting constantly against a flood of maxs IS NOT FUN.
I know. We have to do it ALL THE TIME against the NC.
Old 2012-07-07, 05:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Jamini
Corporal

Originally Posted by Zulthus View Post
I know. We have to do it ALL THE TIME against the VS.
Fixed that for ya.
The NC have less than half the number of maxes that most VS zergs run. It's not even funny.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion