Spawning at a sundy cost infantry res? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: It was an accident i swear!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2012-11-19, 02:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Chewy
Major

Spawning at a sundy cost infantry res?

What if it took 5 infantry res to spawn at any non-static spawn point? (AMS)

During the entire beta Id never touch infantry res till I ran out of grenades or wanted a MAX. 80+% of the time I was sitting at max infantry res because there's was just nothing to spend it on. I don't even know what it's used for outside of the med tools (I main medic/engie so useless), grenades/C4/mines, and MAXes. It seems like a waste to me for it to sit unused.

If it cost 5 res to spawn at a sundy or drop pod (maybe up it a bit for pods by adding 5 mechanical) then attacks could, in idea, be halted by a good defense if not flat out stopped all together. Forcing attackers to fall back and save up for the next assault while giving them a chance at defending for a few hours.

It could also make defending a base worth the time to do so. Seeing how defenders get free spawns they can have a chance to push attackers out of a base or to their last outpost.

This was just an idea I had 20 minutes ago and clearly not very thought out. So feel free to rip it apart and give you own ideas on it.
Old 2012-11-19, 02:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
pilakin
Private

Re: Spawning at a sundy cost infantry res?

infantry resources were the only ones i never had enough of. playing engy with all the expensive explosives or medic with the revive nades requires lots of infantry resources. so no, hell no :P
Old 2012-11-19, 04:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Chewy
Major

Well I mainly thought of this because of people bitching about how hard it was to defend and that that there was no real way to to get invaders out of a base once they are setup inside. I still think that defending should be something that needs done before an attack happens but while doing so in the beta it was maybe 1 out of 10 times that my platoon could stop an attack. No matter how many vehicles we broke or infantry we killed the attack would never stop and attackers would win 9/10 times just by bashing skull after bloody skull on that brick wall.

Enemy vehicle numbers would run out as normal but the endless waves of troops kept me thinking of how the hell are they supplying all of those men. Even in a future setting what reason is there for a single sundy to spawn an unlimited number of men when everything else has a cost? Iv never used the side options for troop tools so I can't say on how they cost and what not, but I never needed them. Revive nades seemed useless to me when I could just use the medi-gun. Little slower but Id always have a grenade for those time you need to blow a group to hell. And mines maybe get a single kill each if they are in a good place.

So maybe a infantry cost to spawning at a AMS isn't a good idea for those that like things that go boom. What about giving each sundy limited number of spawns? Say around 200 or more if certed for larger storage tanks of troops goo.
Old 2012-11-19, 07:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
DDSHADE
Master Sergeant

Misc Info

I think they should just limit the number of possible Sunderer's you can choose to spawn at to one or two. (Second one if you are bound to it)

Team play would be penalized if someone ran out of resources to spawn at the AMS, it wouldn't make much sense.

Armour piercing ammo should be made available to anyone, and have resupplying it cost Infantry Resources. That would be a good use for it.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault