Critters for planetside - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Wait wait, don't use that last quote.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

View Poll Results: Critters in PS?
I want them to be the next to be added! 4 7.02%
Would be fun to shoot at, but to easy to make a difficult opponent 1 1.75%
Would be fun to shot at but would rather have other additions added first. 32 56.14%
I would rather be shot by a vanguard shell then see critters in PS. 20 35.09%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2003-08-21, 10:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
00AgentDuck
Sergeant Major

Critters for planetside

I personnaly am glad that they think critters are low priority. Like they said it would create a whole lot of complications and take awhile for them to create it. And I don't want stupid A.I critters to shoot at when I get bored with humans. And if these critters could defend themselves they would probably be melee (how many creatures have you seen that can shoot things with guns) and you could easily kill it, espiecally with a sniper. These critters would be fun every once in awhile, but I would rather have more equipment and vechicles to take down human oppenets because they are I think alot better to fight against. They don't require any A.I scipting and they are more unpridictable.

Hopefully like they said critters will be low priority so other enhancements can take place to this game.
Old 2003-08-21, 10:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
slytiger
Staff Sergeant

Theyd be fun but there are more wanted additions and additions that have been promised first then introduce the critters. But they would add a new fighting dimension and stratagy.
Old 2003-08-22, 01:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
ghost018

I've got mixed feelings about wildlife. I don't think it would really improve the game, but I guess it could be fun.

ghost

Old 2003-08-22, 01:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Tavin
Corporal

You'd get more Reaver pilots crashing due to hitting birds...
Old 2003-08-22, 01:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Flammey
Lieutenant Colonel

I think adding critters to the game (essentially adding AI) would cause too much lag time, especially for those poor unfortunate 56Kers and god forbid 28.8ers. Any AI would cause this problem. If I want to fight AI, I'll go play some Renegade test maps. At least you get a nice little "BOINK" when you run someone over.

Flammey - Emerald

"When did I ever say, 'Okay, now it's your turn to shoot all your ammo at me' ?"

Old 2003-08-22, 04:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Eldanesh
Sergeant Major

Ahem:

" I gots me 850 of thems dead vanu killed! And three water buffalos too! "

I just hope that the game will keep track of how many innocent little animals you kill.
Old 2003-08-22, 05:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Hellblazer
Private

could be nice, but they need to keep track of the amount of critters you killed...
Old 2003-08-22, 07:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
STEALTHKILLER
First Lieutenant

Originally posted by Flammey
I think adding critters to the game (essentially adding AI) would cause too much lag time, especially for those poor unfortunate 56Kers and god forbid 28.8ers. Any AI would cause this problem. If I want to fight AI, I'll go play some Renegade test maps. At least you get a nice little "BOINK" when you run someone over.

Flammey - Emerald

"When did I ever say, 'Okay, now it's your turn to shoot all your ammo at me' ?"

i agree. they wouldnt relly add any thing either. the onlything people would use them for is when a base is abandoned and there waiting on the 15 min hack not 2 mention all the lag. there was horable lag after the last patch, so what would ai do 2 that.
Old 2003-08-22, 09:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
SmackDab
Private

If you could brain wash the critters to go into a battle and distract the enemy providing kill me capabilities it could be a usefull tactic for a diversion. LOL.

Hey look there's a cow like creature let's hunt it down.....off runs enemy....cloaker sneaks by.
Old 2003-08-22, 10:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
00AgentDuck
Sergeant Major

If critters wouldn't cause so much lag or be complicated to do, requiring another server, then hehe, would be fun to run some of them down with a mag mower. But oh well, I don't think that day will ever come...
Old 2003-08-22, 11:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
aiwest420
Sergeant Major

it would be cool, but i'd rather see all the other important stuff implemented first(platoons,base defense improvements,etc)
Old 2003-08-22, 11:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
Kaltagesta
Banned

don't know about you guys, but i have never got bored with shooting the chickens on Italy in CS
Old 2003-08-22, 03:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
STEALTHKILLER
First Lieutenant

where saying we want them, just after all the better stuff comes out though. and unless the critters are the size of cows u cant run them over with a magmower. if been crouching in a stealth suit, got run over by a magmower, and still had 4 life left.
Old 2003-08-22, 07:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
kidriot
Sergeant Major

why do you need wildlife to shoot at when there's 2 opposing factions?

if you're that bored, log off
Old 2003-08-22, 07:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
ghost018

Seems like they would just get in the way more than anything unless you could some how tame them. But, that would be too Ultima Online for me.

ghost

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion