PSU: Where Hacking is a fact of life...
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > The Lounge

Old 2004-01-11, 11:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #121
Rayder
General

Misc Info

And maybe Hamma's really an alien who plans on taking over the Earth with his race of super-human aliens bent on eliminating the Zurblops.
Old 2004-01-12, 12:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #122
SDM
Banned

Originally Posted by Rayder
And maybe Hamma's really an alien who plans on taking over the Earth with his race of super-human aliens bent on eliminating the Zurblops.
No. That would be me.

Last edited by SDM; 2004-01-12 at 12:39 AM.
Old 2004-01-12, 01:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #123
Ait'al
Contributor
General

I wasnt saying earlier that we shouldnt have gone to war. I was refering to the pentagon/governments spin and trying to make people automaticlly connect terrorism related things and things pertaining to Iraq and suddom hussein in this insane extreme of, dare i say, logic. I wasnt actually saying anything about wether we should have gone to war or not and dont want to because what i think is to complicated and goes into way to many veiws on war and politics.
Old 2004-01-12, 08:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #124
Glaynor
Sergeant Major

I am not comparing the civilians who died on 9/11 to these Iraqis. I may not have explained myself well.

My point is that by getting pleasure from watching this and saying it is enjoyable to see is the same thing as those people who were cheering Americans dying on 9/11.

And many people did get glee out of watching this video. Here are some of the quotes: �They look like that game where they shoot the moving ducks ... lmao�; �this was quite a humorous piece of video, plz post more�; "My mother watched this and she is all "Holy crap the guy just exploded......sweeet"; "My brother was on the USS Stark. So, yeah, he thinks it's pretty funny"

... And when I Hate Pants makes similar criticsms he�s told by a poster, �My brother thinks your queer�.

Death is never funny. Becoming desensitized to it is understandable, but no where is it funny. Lots of times I disagree with I Hate Pants, but on this one I have to agree with him.
Old 2004-01-12, 09:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #125
Acaila
First Lieutenant

Obviously he is unpatriotic and against freedom, he is also clearly anti-anericen for not enjoying the subtle humour of that video. He should be taken out and shot for not cackling in glee when the Iraqis were, haha, blown, hah, to, heh, heehe, peices, or when the Iraqi was rolling around in pain on the ground (that was the good bit). </sarcasm>

In a slightly relevant note, it is a scary day when people are persecuted for criticising their government.
Old 2004-01-12, 09:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #126
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

Originally Posted by Acaila
In a slightly relevant note, it is a scary day when people are persecuted for criticising their government.
Only in America, where you have the freedom to criticize and the freedom to persecute.
Old 2004-01-12, 12:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #127
Squeeky
Contributor
Teh Masturbator

http://media.studio31.org/apache_mission_in_iraq.avi
http://home.comcast.net/~antman01/ap...on_in_iraq.avi

Those are the extended versions. It shows the soldiers dropping the weapon, that SURE as hell looks like an RPG to me. These fuckers were definetly handling weapons.
Old 2004-01-12, 01:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #128
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

I don't think anyone is in doubt of that.

And if they are, I can assure you that the commanding officers of every soldier in the US military is so anally-retentive and ramrod-straight on Rules of Engagement, that there is NO way in HELL that they'd allow any soldier to fire on unarmed civilians.

It's inconceivable, although yes soldiers do on rare rare extreme occasions freak out. The reason it's so serious is because nobody wants to be the next highly-publicized fuck-up, relieved of command or court martialed and faced with a life of Burger King servitude. That, and we get Rules of Engagement, RAMP, and Force Protection training out the wazoo. Commanders are almost afraid to fight battles, that's literally how serious the high-brass is about not wanting bad publicity.

Although conspiracy wonks and time-trapped hippy protesting beatniks are still under the impression that we're fighting wars in Vietnam.
  PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > The Lounge