AGN: Community Clash RGQT vs SG Recording Posted - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Planetside - the perfect alternative to a girlfriend
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2013-09-19, 11:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #31
GraniteRok
Contributor
Staff Sergeant

Re: Community Clash RGQT vs SG

Originally Posted by krayons View Post
On the note of spawn beacons they were banned due to on the test server needing to be lvl 10 to get them.
This is why the test server should be similar to VR. All certs unlocked, all weaponry and addons unlocked. This would allow everything being instantly available to all for testing (and clashes!). Sure you start with 100k certs but it's something like 150k or more to unlock and max out everything. It'd be simpler just to unlock everything.

Last edited by GraniteRok; 2013-09-19 at 11:40 AM.
Old 2013-09-19, 03:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #32
Stew
Major

The formula really need to get a better standard , i mean the ( clash point ) is kinda more base on luck than anything , it rely more on who is lucky enough to capture the point at the ( clash point momments ) wich is not include into the game itself

I would prefer to see a true 48 vs 48 on the nexus with the true nexus rules and capture mechanics , is this feasable ?

Iam pretty sure thats we have few outfit who as enough numbers to pull out 48 players each

I would really like to see a full scale nexus with a full scale battle and capture to see the flow of the nexus itself and the strategies that can be pulled out

Still a great Pre MLG comunity show

Keep going with it
Old 2013-09-20, 08:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #33
Hamma
PSU Admin

We will have the YT recording for this up in a few hours.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2013-09-20, 10:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #34
Hamma
PSU Admin

Old 2013-09-20, 11:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #35
Gammit10
Sergeant

Re: Community Clash RGQT vs SG Recording Posted

This was the first spectating of a video game I've ever really understood and enjoyed. Excellent job to all.
This is the last VIP post in this thread.   Old 2013-09-20, 01:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #36
Luperza
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

Was awesome to watch this! I love the close matches. Much more fun than watching someone get stomped.

RageQuit with the comeback...I was a tid bit scurrd for my VS homies after Round 1, but dayum! Great job everyone and Sturmgrenadier, you were rocking it! I would have been happy if either of you won.

I can't wait until the next match up!!

Note: All my posts are mine and mine alone. They have not been reviewed or approved by Sony Online Entertainment (“SOE”), and they do not necessarily reflect or express the views of SOE itself.
Old 2013-09-20, 01:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #37
NUKABAZOOKA
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Luperza View Post
Was awesome to watch this! I love the close matches. Much more fun than watching someone get stomped.
Old 2013-09-21, 04:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #38
Obstruction
First Sergeant

the resources are a major problem. i don't think it's really just "a reason to think about how you spend resources." rather, it seriously limits available strategies.

with so few resources available, any MR spent are wasted unless they are spent on a sunderer or saved for a future sunderer. possible exception might be a suicide wraith flash used to C4 an enemy sunderer.

Liberators, already at a disadvantage to skilled ESFs, are further marginalized in this format by AR considerations.

maybe you could see non-pilots preparing load outs and supplying ESFs to pilots, but it seems like a very clunky workaround that puts the team at an even further infantry pop disadvantage.

the format provides for multiple bases to be conquered but the reality of the lattice and the capture time only permits one base battle per "half." so there is no functional difference between this and a standard TDM map in any other game. one of the most important features of planetside 2 is wide scale combat that takes place at novel locations between capture points.

so far this just seems like a generic FPS match with a planetside theme. the only important factors seem to be sunderers and infantry. for some people that may be enough, but it really doesn't capture the scope of planetside 2. if one of the purposes of competitive gaming in PS2 is to increase the playerbase, this type of watered down format is going to be somewhat counter-productive, in that it presents a fraction of the actual experience.

finally, there could be some improvements to the presentation to help the audience feel some dramatic tension in the ebb and flow of the battle. if you don't really have any stakes in either side, or have little experience in the game, hearing the arbitrary scores rattled off seemingly out of nowhere, based on the actions of two dozen scurrying, nameless little toons, doesn't do it on its own. it may take more preparation on the part of the presentation team, and even on the part of the players, but calling out plays by player name and focusing more on "embedded" views where the audience can hear player interactions would go a long way.

also presenting a "shot clock" and a scoreboard would be HUGE for helping the audience follow along. it just isn't tense to hear "the clash point has passed and the score is ##-##," after the fact. we need to know it before it happens so we can feel it coming and get that moment of release when the anticipation breaks and the outcome is known.

that said, good job to everyone involved, congrats to everyone to who participated. despite initial skepticism, and my critical tone above, i enjoyed the stream and look forward to the future of competitive matches in planetside 2.

Last edited by Obstruction; 2013-09-21 at 04:55 AM.
Old 2013-09-23, 08:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #39
Hamma
PSU Admin

The timer and scoreboards are coming just a matter of getting them working right.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion