Why is NC winning? - Page 10 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Got milk?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-01-29, 06:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #136
KIAsan
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by BDMJ
All tanks have the same hitbox, so the mag is fine. Regarding population, I have honestly never seen a significant difference between 5 cst and 12 cst. After 12, the population drops so even minor imbalances show up as much greater on the % indicators.
I don't think population is level for 7 hours although I do conceed that prime time is usually good (around 4 hours total from my observations). But after that.... This is a 24 hour game, so the other 17-20 hours things get a bit challenging. Also, if nc = 46%, tr=28% and vs = 26%, I don't care if there are only 100 players online, NC is gonna own and that sucks for the others.

I do think that the change to pop caps will help this out though (which will counter those huge population advantages). Also, the minor tweaks the devs are doing should provide a bit of relief. I would have liked to see better population xp/health advantages, even a speed spawn advantage to make up for disparate populations, but I don't think they will be making those changes.

Anyway, I'm in the wait-and-see mode anyway. Hopefully, things will improve in the coming months.

If it's not nailed down, it's mine. If I can pry it up, it's not nailed down.
Old 2004-01-29, 07:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #137
BDMJ
First Sergeant

The other 17-20 hours have very little bearing on the average player's experience while in game.
Old 2004-01-29, 10:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #138
KIAsan
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by BDMJ
The other 17-20 hours have very little bearing on the average player's experience while in game.
Dude, I can't believe that comment. If I don't play in prime time, my game experience doesn't count???? God, I hope that was troll bait, if so, it worked well.

Old 2004-01-29, 10:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #139
Fenrys
Major

Originally Posted by KIAsan
Dude, I can't believe that comment. If I don't play in prime time, my game experience doesn't count???? God, I hope that was troll bait, if so, it worked well.

I don't think thats how it was meant.

The events that take place while you are not playing have little bering on your play experience.

You might be fighting on a different continent, but you'll still be fighting the same way.
Old 2004-01-29, 11:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #140
BDMJ
First Sergeant

It was not meant to offend, it's just that the devs most likely won't be too alarmed by large % population imbalances at 4 am est. If the pops are balanced during primetime, I honestly don't think it's a problem.
Old 2004-01-29, 11:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #141
KIAsan
First Sergeant

Yeah, I see your point. Keep things working for the majority, even if it sucks for that 10%. SOE=$$$

Old 2004-01-30, 11:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #142
Happy lil Elf
Contributor
Colonel

BDM does have a very valid point. If you play at 6am CST and the populations are unbalanced don't be too suprised. If you're experiencing population imbalances because you play at an odd hour it's not really something the devs can fix =\ If primetime is ending up relatively even as far as populations go....../shrug

It doesn't sound too nice but 'tis the way it is.

Its eating it's food. (Incorrect use of apostrophes specifically for UV)
"Oni wont get banned, unless you get banned. Its a 2 man ticket."-Hamma to TekDragon re: his request to ban Oni. Life is good.
Old 2004-01-30, 11:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #143
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

Originally Posted by ThEOnLyOnE
the sad part of this all is that.. the very own NC ppl are against what i said..
im hear trying to defend NC from all the whiners..
and i got this fools poppin shit..

i love coming to PSU.. its a great site..
but there some people in these forums that are like fucking little girls..

"oh no he didnt, uh uh girl.. he just didnot say that.(snap of the fingers). let me go and get intellectual on him"

loosen the fuck up!
Please tell me Vanilla Ice doesn't play Planetside...
Old 2004-01-30, 11:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #144
Winged_Nazgul
Master Sergeant

It seems he does.
Old 2004-01-30, 01:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #145
Jagd
Major

Originally Posted by Happy lil' Elf
BDM does have a very valid point. If you play at 6am CST and the populations are unbalanced don't be too suprised. If you're experiencing population imbalances because you play at an odd hour it's not really something the devs can fix =\ If primetime is ending up relatively even as far as populations go....../shrug

It doesn't sound too nice but 'tis the way it is.
Yeah, but what chaps my ass is the fact that I can't play during primetime any more because of the out of control lag situation, which is frustrating on so many levels. Fortunately I work a lot of afternoon/evening shifts so I usually can sneak on in the morning, but it is really annoying to either face crippling lag or unbalanced teams.
Old 2004-01-30, 01:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #146
Queensidecastle
Contributor
Major

Or what could be happening is what takes place almost every night on one continent or another: Unballanced 3-ways. I cant count the number of times Cershyen or Ishundar were under attack by VS/NC and we cant save our own damn home cont because it pop-locks us out with half the people that one of the other sides has. It makes no difference what the server empire pops are at that point, your still gonna get mowed over by an unequal Zerg force
Old 2004-01-30, 01:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #147
BDMJ
First Sergeant

With the current pop-lock system it is imperative that you respond quickly to any attack on a home continent if you intend to keep it. Until the pop-lock numbers are changed, you will be locked out if you don't immediately start moving people in.
Old 2004-01-30, 01:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #148
Queensidecastle
Contributor
Major

Indeed.

I am just stating that as a possible explination for the problems that guy was talking about. I know I have experienced unexplainable overwhelming odds before and now that the Devs finally admitted it, we can avoid these situations now.
Old 2004-01-30, 01:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #149
ThEOnLyOnE
Contributor
Corporal

Originally Posted by Firefly
Please tell me Vanilla Ice doesn't play Planetside...
.... just some one speaking there mind..
and didnt get no where.. its all good thou.. im here for the game.. and not a bunch of fruit cakes... bitch and moan about insignficant things.
Old 2004-01-30, 03:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #150
Neon Apocalypse
Colonel

nc wins because they have superior ground forces, vans, and enforcers are no match for the VS ground troops, however VS has air superiority
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion