Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > Tech Forum

Old 2004-04-10, 03:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Ait'al
Contributor
General

Overclocking links?

What are good programs for overclocking your CPU FSB and RAM again. I cant find any of the threads with links.

Edit: also i was apparently wrong about this mouse working well. It is now jumping around the screen whenever i try to move it left. anyone know why? Its mostly while in planetside. its getting me creamed while trying to fly my reaver.

Last edited by Ait'al; 2004-04-10 at 03:34 PM.
Old 2004-04-12, 05:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Ait'al
Contributor
General

??? Can someone give me one of the links. I need something to overclock this computer a little. Or atleast a link to the thread that has an overclocking program for the FSB and CPU etc. i cant find them. I might just be reading over them but i cant find them.
Old 2004-04-12, 07:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Electrofreak
Contributor
Major General

overclock using your BIOS. If you really want an in-windows overclocker, google ClockGen.

for OCing info, I would browse some of the forums at guru3d.com or amdmb.com. they have specific forums where you can find out how to best overclock your hardware.

Support the use of a dynamic XP system in PlanetSide 2!
Old 2004-04-12, 08:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

i don't trust in windows OCing programs for the CPU they have been knows to be inaccurate and untrustworthy use the bios, the p4c800 makes it realy simple.

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
Old 2004-04-12, 11:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Acaila
First Lieutenant

www.guru3d.com and download rivatuner for overclocking your gfx card. Read the documentation, overclock. I hope you have decent cooling, those 9800XTs don't overclock well with ghetto cooling, prepare for some image tearing.

http://www.overclockers.com/tips1050/ is a few decent overclocking tips. Use google or the parent site to find more detailed guides. Learn how to reset cmos settings via m/b jumpers, it is pretty important.

http://forums.extremeoverclocking.com/ is a good place to go for help. People there know what the hell they are talking about.

You should consider upgrading your CPU and RAM as your m/b is i875 chipset that is optimise to run really well with 800MHz FSB. Your CPU is 533MHz FSB, your RAM is PC2100 DDR, your m/b supports 800MHz FSB and dual channel pc3200 DDR. Also, your gfx card is hampered by the performance of your CPU, you could have a 9600XT and probably not notice much difference. A P4 2.6GHz 800MHz FSB chip is about the best value chip you can buy with the intent to overclock. You can safely get it running up around 2.9-3.1GHz (depending upon cooling) with excellent stability. If you can upgrade and intend to overclock, buy faster RAM, such as PC3500 DDR so it fits in with your overclocking.
Old 2004-04-12, 11:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Ait'al
Contributor
General

The bios Program isnt letting me up the cpu or anything. I can only get it to let me change the timings on my ram. I cant find where to change anything esle after i set it to manual. IM actually running a 400 mhz cpu. lol im waiting for the better ram to drop to really cheap and i just wanted to everclock this stuff till i can afford a nice upgrade. The stuff i bought was all 70 dolars a peice.

The last patch last night just added so much to startup that it cant connect to any servers now. I was on a bit earlier but now thte proccessor is stuck at 100% on every connect and i cant get in.

Edit: i can get to my characters on wener and markov and hit play and it starts loading the continent. Then it says leaving world msg and i have to click ok and leave. I can only get to double clicking on the emerald server and having the connecting to server bar fill up, where it stays like that till i shut it down in task manager. its not the proccessor after all. I can alt tab back to desktop like its nothing. are the servers still down at this time, or am i just still experiencing the problem?

Last edited by Ait'al; 2004-04-13 at 01:15 AM.
Old 2004-04-13, 04:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Acaila
First Lieutenant

You can't overclock your CPU just by upping the MHz, it doesn't work like that. You need to increase the FSB and alter the multiplier (which is probably locked on your CPU so you can't). Don't worry about your RAM timings so much, aslong as it stays inside specifications, the actual timings have little effect upon overall system performance. Do research on the subject so you understand what you are doing and why.

Having a Celeron in an i875 m/b is a crime against technology, just pointing it out

Your CPU is actually 400MHz FSB, not 533MHz. Didn't see the Celeron part.
Old 2004-04-13, 05:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
WildEagle
Lieutenant Colonel

what's overclocking?
Old 2004-04-13, 05:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

You need to die now Eagle. Ait, you should not oc because you do not know what your doing yet you need to learn alot more before you try anything

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
Old 2004-04-13, 05:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
WildEagle
Lieutenant Colonel

why do I need to die?
Old 2004-04-13, 09:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Ait'al
Contributor
General

You need to die now Eagle. Ait, you should not oc because you do not know what your doing yet you need to learn alot more before you try anything
Will you shut the fuck up. i know how to overclock. Ive known how to overclock since people started doing it. I need another program to do it because the damn asus program doesnt let me change anything. And i dont need to change the multiplier to overlcock it. The problem is theres nothing in the bios program to change the ratio or anything. Just the memory timings. The only thing i can get to pop up is that damn auto 5% 10% overclock. And stop being condisending you asshole. The rules apply to you now that your moderating just as they did before you did.

Last edited by Ait'al; 2004-04-13 at 10:01 PM.
Old 2004-04-13, 10:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

You need to use the bios its under advanced then Jumperfree, right there set it to manual. here i'll give you a WHOLE FRIKING EXPLANATION THAT I TYPED UP JUST THE OTHER DAY

http://www.planetside-universe.com/f...ad.php?t=21111

pay attention there are no ratio settings

Last edited by Rbstr; 2004-04-13 at 10:13 PM.
Old 2004-04-13, 10:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Cyanide
Major

Originally Posted by Rbstr
You need to use the bios its under advanced then Jumperfree, right there set it to manual. here i'll give you a WHOLE FRIKING EXPLANATION THAT I TYPED UP JUST THE OTHER DAY

http://www.planetside-universe.com/f...ad.php?t=21111

pay attention there are no ratio settings
pwned.

Anyway, yeah, if you can't figure out how to OC and on an Asus board then you shouldn't be OCing. Pretty much all Asus boards are overclockable either from the bios or jumpers/dip switches on the board, or both.

Last edited by Cyanide; 2004-04-13 at 10:19 PM.
Old 2004-04-14, 12:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Ait'al
Contributor
General

IT isnt letting me change anything set to manual. Thats why im fucking asking for another program. i want one that actualy lets me do everything or anything. And I thought id heard of programs that let you change by the ratio that would auto set things up or down quicker.

Last edited by Ait'al; 2004-04-14 at 12:32 PM.
Old 2004-04-14, 01:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Black
Lieutenant Colonel

Whats overclocking ?

PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > Tech Forum