Problem - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: the best way to procrastinate.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-06-01, 06:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Thrall
Private

Problem

I don't get it... I download the game, make a Station.com account, and try to subscribe. Why the hell do I have to put in a credit card number when I get a month free? It makes no sense, why can't I see if I like the game before I even put in a number. Am I doing somthing wrong or what? Please respond, this is really pissing me off.
Old 2003-06-01, 07:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Masurao
Corporal

Pritty much all games do that now...kind of destroys the idea of the free month. Oh and heres one. Friend get it and put in his card to get a free month. about 11 days into the "Free month" he decided he doesn't like the game the way it is. He closes his account. This month he gets his credit bill and it has a charge to "Sony Online Entertaiment" (or somthing like that) for 12.95...Free month? Sony has yet to get back to him...

Old 2003-06-01, 10:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Sturm
Corporal

Um, it makes perfect sense to me. If you didn't have to enter a credit card number then you could basically have all the free months you wanted. What I find interesting is a mmo game called Jumpgate. In America, you are required to input your credit card numer for the 14day trial(I think thats the amount of days) but in Europe you just download the trial and make a free accout without entering any credit card info.
A friend of mine has been playing that game for almost a year now it seems. He just spends his time gathering money and items and gives it to someone to hold when his free time runs up. Then he just makes a new free account and has the stuff transfered back to him. While Planetside isn't anything like this with items and stuff...I'm sure you can see how a free month without and credit card info could become abused...right?

What do you have against putting your credit card number in?
You CAN test the game for a month without paying the montly fee.
Just cancel before your time is up.

P.S. What do you mean you download the game? You mean installed right?
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion