News: EU Customer and ProSiebenSat.1 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: (Quote removed by God)
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-10-16, 03:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
MasterCalaelen
PSU Staff
Wiki Ninja

EU Customer and ProSiebenSat.1

"We'd like to thank all of our EU customers for their continued feedback and let you all know we've found a way to allow existing customers migrating to keep their original SOE accounts. This means you will remain customers of SOE and play on SOE servers.

New accounts must be created through ProSiebenSat.1 but they will still be able to play on US servers. There is the possibility that accounts may voluntarily migrate at a later date. We will provide more information as it becomes available. Thanks again for your patience with us and we move forward with this process."

Official announcement can be found here.
Old 2012-10-16, 04:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
RSphil
Contributor
Major

Re: EU Customer and ProSiebenSat.1

so as a uk player with an soe account i keep it and dont need to change? or do i need to make a pro7 account but keep the soe one aswell? sounds great and a very good idea. i can see alot of new players from the EU joining so pro7 will still get alot of new accounts.
Old 2012-10-16, 04:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
NewSith
Contributor
Brigadier General

It's me and my annoying stuff again, but does it translate to Innova and The9 contracts? Just curious...

Originally Posted by CutterJohn View Post
Shields.. these are a decent compromise between the console jockeys that want recharging health, and the glorious pc gaming master race that generally doesn't.
Old 2012-10-16, 04:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
SpottyGekko
Sergeant

There's a lot of wiggle room in that statement, lol

Does it mean that as a euro player, I can play PS2 via my existing SOE account, and on BOTH the US and EU servers ?

Does it include those people who have created a SOE account for the first time just to access the PS2 beta ? Even if they have never spent a single penny with SOE ?

These continual "revisions" of the euro player restrictions make me very uneasy, even if they have been in my favour so far. They could just as easily change it back again a month from now...

Last edited by SpottyGekko; 2012-10-16 at 04:21 PM.
Old 2012-10-16, 05:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Mirror
First Sergeant

This has got to be a kick in the nuts for the russian players but if it's happened for the EU players then thats gotta give others hope.

Great news!

http://www.deltatriad.com
Old 2012-10-16, 05:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
RSphil
Contributor
Major

im sure things are starting to be finalized. specially as the release date is about to announced this week. just wish it was put clearer. still unsure if we need a pro7 account or not. id rather stick with my soe account as i have had it for many years and all my money is on it. plus it is a company i know and sort of trust lol
This is the last VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-10-17, 01:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Brollywood
PlanetSide 2
EU Prod. Manager

Originally Posted by SpottyGekko View Post
There's a lot of wiggle room in that statement, lol

Does it mean that as a euro player, I can play PS2 via my existing SOE account, and on BOTH the US and EU servers ?

Does it include those people who have created a SOE account for the first time just to access the PS2 beta ? Even if they have never spent a single penny with SOE ?

These continual "revisions" of the euro player restrictions make me very uneasy, even if they have been in my favour so far. They could just as easily change it back again a month from now...
To answer your questions - yes and yes.

We've been working hard to make this happen. Fear not with the revisions - we've been listening to your feedback is all.
Old 2012-10-17, 06:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Joe
Corporal

Misc Info

Thats good news i would rather use my SOE account
Old 2012-10-17, 10:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Azarga
Corporal

Originally Posted by Brollywood View Post

We've been working hard to make this happen. Fear not with the revisions - we've been listening to your feedback is all.
Can you share some info on russian players and their accounts? Will they be allowed to stay with SOE or will be forced to use Innova accounts? If it is the last, then will there be region lock to local servers only.
I hate to be annoying, but all the info on that topics only covered EU players so far.

*edited*
Damn, it was foolish to ask this question to EU Prod manager. Sorry!

Last edited by Azarga; 2012-10-17 at 11:02 AM.
Old 2012-10-17, 11:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
SpottyGekko
Sergeant

That's good to hear

Based on this assurance, I will go ahead and buy the Alpha Squad package on my SOE account.

I hope us "Legacy Customers" will be able to remain with SOE permanently, including future game releases ?

It's good to see that we are not being forced to migrate to a new company that many of us don't know or trust. I once again feel like a valued customer.

So, will there be a similar concession made with regards to "Station Access" subscriptions ? We euro's are unilaterally barred from that option at present.
Old 2012-10-19, 06:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
IronMole
Sergeant Major

If my DCUO account is already with Pro7, will my PS2 account be forced to Pro7 or is it game account specific?
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion