Who are you and who do you hate? - Page 11 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Cause all other games suck
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

View Poll Results: Which faction are you? Who do you dislike the most?
I'm NC and I hate VS the most. 71 17.44%
I'm NC and I hate TR the most. 61 14.99%
I'm VS and I hate TR the most. 40 9.83%
I'm VS and I hate NC the most. 75 18.43%
I'm TR and I hate NC the most. 100 24.57%
I'm TR and I hate VS the most. 60 14.74%
Voters: 407. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-06-20, 10:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #151
Rago
Contributor
First Lieutenant

Re: Who are you and who do you hate?

Vanu Side

I dont hate other Players i shoot them cause "We are Superior"
Anyway i Voted Archenemy as TR , for using that Amount of Bullets.

Old 2012-06-20, 10:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #152
Khagan Impi
Private

I would perhaps be more partial to the Vanu if they were not so bloody insane about their technology. If you treat everything like a religion and a holy war against barbarians, you're not going to get very far in terms of progression. Indeed, that sort of mindset would probably cause regression in terms of technological prowess. Hoarding alien technology and rejecting all else will eventually lead you to a wall.

The NC's freedom is also sold by their multiple corporate sponsors. I'm not entirely pleased by the fact that my freedom is brought to you by Nanite Systems or whatever corporation of the month. That sort of thing is not a very good road to lead down.

The TR are a pretty bog-standard militaristic democracy/dictatorship(?). As much as they are pretty much the archetype fascist state, they seem to be fairly moderate in some aspects and aren't entirely jumping the gun everywhere.

Still, it's an entirely nuanced choice and should depend more on game-play than backstory.
Old 2012-06-20, 11:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #153
MrKWalmsley
First Sergeant

I am NC and I dislike TR.

The reason being is that at least the VS has a bit of class. Simples.
Old 2012-06-27, 05:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #154
Metakill
Private

When I first read about PS1's factions pre-launch I was totally for the NC. I knew they were going to be the underdogs from the beginning because I knew people wanted lasers or mini-guns, the hit hard thing wasn't popular enough then except with the Quake fan crowd. Initially I kind of liked the VS but it wasn't long till I developed a deep hatred for them.

The problem with the VS is that they are the crowd that buys a piece of tech because it looks cool and you can pick your color, they're the wannabe hipsters, the Apple fan boys and the people who will buy Windows 8 at launch, the tablet users who tweet about their new app and dumb jokes, the schizo Facebook users who care far too much about their boyfriend/girlfriend relationship status. Being a Marik fan from Battle Tech, the VS have soiled the color purple so much its just not cool anymore. Everybody I've known who is a VS fan from PS in other games is like this in some way (bar 1). If you ask a VS what they want, its a better laser gun, because they really don't know what they want next until someone makes it for them.

The problem with VS is that they are USERS, the vast majority are there to follow the trend of novelty. They don't think for themselves they pay someone to do that for them. They don't make the tech and don't really fully understand how it even works, but they are plugged in to Oceania and The Party and that is all that matters to them.

After allowing a friend to bait me into playing VS for a week, after reading the Command channel's continuous "spam this, now spam that, spam more this" I got fed up with the facade of intelligence that masks their elitism and material desire. I love the people from VS but my god are they so misguided.

The TR aren't the bad guys they are just the traditionalist who have a different opinion, the VS represent exactly where technology should never go, the theocracy of want.

Last edited by Metakill; 2012-06-27 at 05:33 PM.
Old 2012-06-27, 05:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #155
Otleaz
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Metakill View Post
When I first read about PS1's factions pre-launch I was totally for the NC. I knew they were going to be the underdogs from the beginning because I knew people wanted lasers or mini-guns, the hit hard thing wasn't popular enough then except with the Quake fan crowd. Initially I kind of liked the VS but it wasn't long till I developed a deep hatred for them.

The problem with the VS is that they are the crowd that buys a piece of tech because it looks cool and you can pick your color, they're the wannabe hipsters, the Apple fan boys and the people who will buy Windows 8 at launch, the tablet users who tweet about their new app and dumb jokes, the schizo Facebook users who care far too much about their boyfriend/girlfriend relationship status. Being a Marik fan from Battle Tech, the VS have soiled the color purple so much its just not cool anymore. Everybody I've known who is a VS fan from PS in other games is like this in some way (bar 1). If you ask a VS what they want, its a better laser gun, because they really don't know what they want next until someone makes it for them.

The problem with VS is that they are USERS, the vast majority are there to follow the trend of novelty. They don't think for themselves they pay someone to do that for them. They don't make the tech and don't really fully understand how it even works, but they are plugged in to Oceania and The Party and that is all that matters to them.

After allowing a friend to bait me into playing VS for a week, after reading the Command channel's continuous "spam this, now spam that, spam more this" I got fed up with the facade of intelligence that masks their elitism and material desire. I love the people from VS but my god are they so misguided.

The TR aren't the bad guys they are just the traditionalist who have a different opinion, the VS represent exactly where technology should never go, the theocracy of want.
If you replace every "VS" with "NC" in your post, it would fit 10x better. The NC have been established as the "mainstream" faction for quite a while.

Just sayin'

Last edited by Otleaz; 2012-06-27 at 05:38 PM.
Old 2012-06-27, 05:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #156
Metakill
Private

Originally Posted by Otleaz View Post
If you replace every "VS" with "NC" in your post, it would fit 10x better. The NC have been established as the "mainstream" faction for quite a while.

Just sayin'
If NC have become the new mainstream then so be it, trends change, but it wasn't that way when I played. I played back in 2003 and again in 2007 so maybe I'm out dated.

Last edited by Metakill; 2012-06-27 at 05:45 PM.
Old 2012-06-27, 05:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #157
cBselfmonkey
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Otleaz View Post

Just sayin'
Actually almost every poll I've found on the subject, including the Facebook Empire recruitment page, has the TR as the most popular faction by a large margin. Followed by the VS with the NC coming in dead last.

Admittedly this would be just the more hardcore fans being counted and things could certainly change once the game is out. But as of right now the NC don't seem to have the 'mainstream' appeal at the moment.
Old 2012-06-27, 06:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #158
Sephirex
Major

I'm Sephirex and I hate puppies.
Old 2012-06-27, 06:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #159
cBselfmonkey
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Sephirex View Post
I'm Sephirex and I hate puppies.
You monster.
Old 2012-06-27, 06:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #160
vVRedOctoberVv
First Lieutenant

TR (obviously). Dislike the VS most. They remind me of a purple Jar-Jar Binks.

Old 2012-06-27, 07:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #161
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

The NC didn't become the dominant empire until players began to realize you have to aim that shotgun. It isn't spray and pray like the mcg and lasher.

But once that happened, the game quickly evolved into an NC dominated slant. Even nerfed, NC still has the finest line up of all three empires.

Old 2012-06-27, 07:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #162
FPClark
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Baneblade View Post
aim that shotgun
Old 2012-06-27, 07:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #163
HeatLegend
Master Sergeant

Interesting Poll. I voted NC hating VS.

My logic: To be fair it feels like the NC and TR are fighting their own war of freedom from oppression from NC's side and putting down the disorder of the rebelious troops from the TR's side.

And then we have the VS... They stand for nothing and are kind of outside the whole main conflict, they're just in the way for what really matters. They do have lasers though, and that's their charm. And that is why I dislike them most.
We all love technology.
Old 2012-06-28, 03:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #164
greenberetdelta
Corporal

NC may be disgusting anarchists but like its been said before they wont destroy the human race
Old 2012-06-28, 03:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #165
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by FPClark View Post
I take it you do not agree. I was under the impression the idea was to kill something... the Jackhammer is easy to miss the entire shot with if you get lazy.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion