i'm a pointless admin - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: have i ever told you that you look sexy in MAX armor
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 2012-03-13, 03:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
justince
Banned

i'm a pointless admin

and i lock threads saying
Originally Posted by hamma
This thread is pointless. If you have concerns about a specific issue either post them in an existing thread or create a new thread with less expletives and a valid argument as to why or why not to do it one way or another.

I am closing this out.
because this clearly has no "valid arguments"

All i have to say is if esea, a company with a fraction of the manpower to code an AC can make one that's incredible, there's no reason that any developer can't. They're just lazy as fuck. Developing an AC takes time and unfortunately, time is money.

esea can do it because for them, the ac IS the money. It's the only reason esea exists.

If you want to get some esea proof cheats, you need to a. know people and b. be willing to shell out at least 400-500$, and even then there's a good chance they will get detected in a few months or so. And for the skilled individuals that can reverse engineer it and get around the ac to code proofed cheats, a coproration such as sony should really have little to no trouble, ESPECIALLY that they are developing the engine with it. They have ZERO limitations to how deep they can go to detect cheats if they integrate it with the engine.

So yes, it just comes down to sony's laziness and if they truly wanted to make a hacker free (or minimal) experience, they can. Even if it was as good as esl wire, it would help negate a lot of the pub cheats and i'd be more than pleased with that.

Taking the lazy route by getting punkbuster is truly pathetic in my eyes; do it yourself because you can. You've got the manpower, the resources, and the expertise. Even if it delays the game by a month or so, it will be totally worth it if it is as effective as esea's client.
pretty sure i clearly state soe's laziness and showing that punkbuster is the easy way out, and they shouldn't be overlooking the issue of having an ac and taking the easy way out. and that's my argument.

so ban me or whatever bro, because i actually give a damn about this game since i've played since 03 and i made an account just to post this because this is actually important to the game.

good or bad game mechanics, if there's an influx of cheaters there is no game.

Last edited by justince; 2012-03-13 at 03:22 PM.
Old 2012-03-13, 03:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
basti
Brigadier General

Misc Info
Re: i'm a pointless admin

Hi marth. Bye Marth.
Old 2012-03-13, 03:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
CrystalViolet
First Lieutenant

yay, the axe grinding Ritalin poppers are here...
Old 2012-03-13, 03:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
justince
Banned

i'm not trying to cause drama. but why would you lock a thread that actually gives insight about good ac's opposed to ones that are just like OMG PB IS BAD STUPID SOE

point is there are a few good acs out there and not a lot of the majority of pub players know about because you don't play games competitively. and the technology is there, and it's just not punkbuster by any means

if you don't know what esea is, it's a premium service that gives access to source/1.6 servers for pugging/scrimming as well as having a league with cash prizes/lan for invite and is the only reputable league for counterstrike as a whole in NA. in europe, the main league is esl, although esl wire (their ac) is a bit more exploitable than esea's.

although there may not be any alterantives for soe to buy (esea and esl aren't going to sell their trick to the trade), it's clearly possible to create AC's that detect everything but the most in depth cheats that your common programmers that sell cheats for 10$ aren't going to bother going to develop or simply can't.

Last edited by justince; 2012-03-13 at 03:33 PM.
Old 2012-03-13, 03:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Bags
Lieutenant General

Why not just email hamma asking to be banned?
Old 2012-03-13, 03:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Bonius
Sergeant

Originally Posted by justince View Post
i'm not trying to cause drama. but why would you lock a thread that actually gives insight about good ac's opposed to ones that are just like OMG PB IS BAD STUPID SOE

point is there are a few good acs out there and not a lot of the majority of pub players know about because you don't play games competitively. and the technology is there, and it's just not punkbuster by any means
Because your thread used idiotic terminology and you made no point whatsoever. No, gameProtect and the like are absolutely horrendous anti-cheat tools.
Old 2012-03-13, 03:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
basti
Brigadier General

Misc Info

Originally Posted by justince View Post
Shutup, you are not allowed to talk here.

You went in the existing AC thread, posted there, and created a new thread with the exact same post a few minutes later.

Its obvious who you are and what you are trying to do. You are marth koopa or whatever that twat was called. You went in to troll, noticed nobody going for your troll, and created a thread to make your troll attempt more visible.

If you havent noticed yet, we dont want you here, and you will keep getting banned.

This community has no interrest in you. Now go, die in a fire, cut yourself or do whatever. And i really suggest you to stop. While Hamma and the crew will only ban you, I can do quite more stuff, especially given that you Americans always have the same IP adress...
Old 2012-03-13, 03:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Bags
Lieutenant General

BTW, what is AC? Armored Core?
Old 2012-03-13, 03:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
PoisonTaco
First Sergeant

How about if you have a problem with an admin you take it up with them directly instead of making it public?
Old 2012-03-13, 03:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Hamma
PSU Admin

Priceless.

Goodbye.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2012-03-13, 03:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Knocky
Major