So is C4 getting nerfed or not? - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Stop giving him hope!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-07-20, 12:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #31
Climhazzard
Sergeant

Re: So is C4 getting nerfed or not?

Originally Posted by typhaon View Post
LA has extra speed.
Adrenaline Pump isn't going to let you catch up to even an oblivious MBT driving away from you.

Originally Posted by Badjuju View Post
Not that I'm against a strong solo class, but it would be great to see them get some utility and be less of a crutch class for picking up easy kills.
I'm struggling to take this concern seriously considering the current killing power of certain vehicles.
Old 2013-07-20, 12:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #32
maradine
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Climhazzard View Post
I'm struggling to take this concern seriously considering the current killing power of certain vehicles.
I know, right?
  • 200 resources = an MBT kill or a few dead suckers in a tower
=or=
  • 250 resources = a 200kph refillable gun/rocket platform

Just not feeling the OMG C4 OP vibe.
Old 2013-07-20, 02:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #33
Plaqueis
Staff Sergeant

Yep, same feel here. And the most interesting comment is the one about taking it away from LA-class... considering it's the only unit that has actual use for C4. I mean, who in his right mind would cert C4 for any other class (medic, engineer, HA), and why? Atleast on my mind, medic doesn't need anything aside of healing stuff, HA and engineer have enough of other stuff for killing armor...

Last edited by Plaqueis; 2013-07-20 at 02:39 PM.
Old 2013-07-20, 03:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #34
EvilNinjadude
Second Lieutenant

The HA has a rocket launcher that can finish off vehicles that C4 would put in the red zone. So what you do, is you place C4, don't bother with detonating, and fire a rocket on top of them. Bam, instagib.
Old 2013-07-20, 03:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #35
ColdCheese
Corporal

Originally Posted by EvilNinjadude View Post
The HA has a rocket launcher that can finish off vehicles that C4 would put in the red zone. So what you do, is you place C4, don't bother with detonating, and fire a rocket on top of them. Bam, instagib.
No what will happen is someone will go thru all the trouble of flanking the long way, exposing themselves to everything, drop 2 bricks that cost them valuable infantry resources and if theyre lucky enough to set them off in time (either way you just wasted 200 resources) chances are all you will get in return is measly assist xp because a lucky HA will most likely finish it off with a rocket and get all of the credit.

Thats a whole 'nother level of frustration that pales in comparison to oblivious or unlucky tankers tears. In one case your being lazy or in the wrong place wrong time and you deserve to die and another case your hustling your ass off doing all the risky work and you dont even get a kill to show for it. At that point why even bother, just save those 200 resources and pull an AV max instead.

Drop pods is whats broken not c-4, like how wraith + fury was broken, but instead of curing the disease SOE treats the symptoms instead and nerfs fury which is also on other vehicles like sundies that nobody ever complained about.

Last edited by ColdCheese; 2013-07-20 at 03:40 PM.
Old 2013-07-20, 04:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #36
War Barney
Sergeant Major

Well from the sounds of things people have an issue with light assaults having C4... if so remove it from them don't try to screw over heavies. Its pretty suicidal using C4 as a heavy but it can pay off if I'm good / lucky. Granted as a light assault you get a very easy ride as you can fly over people and drop it but that doesn't mean heavies should be screwed.
Old 2013-07-20, 04:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #37
Obstruction
First Sergeant

i think the primary complaint here is contextual, with the context being omitted.

the context is likely "C4 in biolabs or towers with infantry resource gain."

i don't at all think it needs any sort of change, and i don't want to appear to come down on either side of this ridiculous discussion at all. but i did want to point out the context.

the "problem" is the resource system allowing someone to spam enough of their 40 stockpiled C4 that they earn enough resources to stock back up to 40 and keep spamming.

Malorn already directly addressed this without saying it outright in the resource/continental update news thread.
Old 2013-07-20, 04:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #38
War Barney
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Obstruction View Post
i think the primary complaint here is contextual, with the context being omitted.

the context is likely "C4 in biolabs or towers with infantry resource gain."

i don't at all think it needs any sort of change, and i don't want to appear to come down on either side of this ridiculous discussion at all. but i did want to point out the context.

the "problem" is the resource system allowing someone to spam enough of their 40 stockpiled C4 that they earn enough resources to stock back up to 40 and keep spamming.

Malorn already directly addressed this without saying it outright in the resource/continental update news thread.
this is more an issue with people who pay a sub as they get a huge boost to resource gain, trust me as a non sub right now I can tell you I'm struggling to keep it around the 30 mark, often have to hold back using it as I know I'll run out of it and thus wont have it when I need it for a more vital situation.

Due to the high resource cost (for people who don't pay a sub at least) I pretty much only use it on MAXs and sunderers, perhaps I'll use it on a tank if I end up close to one and its going to kill me otherwise but it just cost way to much to throw around without thinking first.
Old 2013-07-20, 04:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #39
Badjuju
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Plaqueis View Post
Yep, same feel here. And the most interesting comment is the one about taking it away from LA-class... considering it's the only unit that has actual use for C4. I mean, who in his right mind would cert C4 for any other class (medic, engineer, HA), and why? Atleast on my mind, medic doesn't need anything aside of healing stuff, HA and engineer have enough of other stuff for killing armor...
Most my C4 kills are actually by my medic. Its a mix between taking down tanks and setting C4 traps to help repel max pushes. Next would be tank hunting on engi with my utility pouch.

Good tank drivers will see LAs coming and avoid areas where they can be dropped on. The most effective way to sneak up on armor is to stay on the ground where you can utilize cover. If your floating in the air you stick out like a sore thumb. But I guess there is no shortage of people that are careless with their armor, or get complacent from time to time (something I am guilty of at times).
Old 2013-07-20, 06:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #40
Obstruction
First Sergeant

this is more an issue with people who pay a sub
i think if you paid a sub, and used xp boost, you'd see that you still can't sustain use for long without running out.

what people do, is farm resources and abuse continent timers, kill turrets and pop generators, changing continents when there's a base cap happening that will earn resources and then go back into the high pop areas to use them for max effect.

the goal of this type of play is typically "playing to win" for max score per hour, which is fun for a certain type of player. they are not typically following a platoon waypoint, being told to "GO, GO, GO," or ditching their vehicles on a whim to go back to warpgate and be galaxy dropped into certain death.

it's definitely easier to exploit the resource system when you sub and boost, but it's not impossible to stockpile and spam as a F2P if you devote more time to farming the C4. obviously by your comments that isn't fun to you, but people who play like that aren't exactly seeing farming as boring, either. they are seeing it as a necessary function of their "playstyle." in fact, most of your average infantry won't ever earn enough resources to do this, subbed or not, because they follow squads, platoons, or outfits that net extremely low score/hour and call it "teamwork" or "strategy."

these grunts just aren't "free" to do what most benefits them individually because another type of player (the alpha) will kick them from the squad or otherwise exclude/haze/publicly humiliate them.

again, it seems like it's being addressed, thankfully, in the resource changes.

Last edited by Obstruction; 2013-07-20 at 06:32 PM.
Old 2013-07-20, 07:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #41
ColdCheese
Corporal

Originally Posted by Obstruction View Post

these grunts just aren't "free" to do what most benefits them individually because another type of player (the alpha) will kick them from the squad or otherwise exclude/haze/publicly humiliate them.
That sounds like being in an abusive relationship, why put yourself thru that? Theres Outfits for everytype of playstyle and personality, true that being a teamplayer means sometimes doing things you dont want to do, but if your squad doesnt need or value what your maining or leveling up at the moment, then simply find another one.
Old 2013-07-28, 03:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #42
HelpLuperza
Corporal

Dude C4 is not the problem; considering how close you have to get to use C4.

I agree their are some bugs that need to be fixed, but C4's damage to tanks and other vechiles should not be changed. (For example a C4 + Claymore will actually do more damage to a Sundy even though a Clay more is not intended to destroy a vehicles. Grenades have the same problem. Fixing it so that Claymore and grenades even when detonated by C4 do no damage to vechiles, is something they should look into.

Furthermore, C4 is a major balance mechanic that balances high population oufits with low population outfits. If we nerf C4's damage, then we necessarily are making the fights less exciting and fair.

Last edited by HelpLuperza; 2013-07-28 at 03:08 PM.
Old 2013-07-28, 03:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #43
War Barney
Sergeant Major

Well either it got nerfed or I found some hacking person cos it took 2 C4 and 4 rockets to kill a sunderer...

Do the devs really want to ruin everything thats good while making other things OP as hell? the C4 use to be useful as you could kill stuff with it... now (assuming it was nerfed and I didn't just find somebody with a perk I've never heard of before) its worthless pretty much. It was hard enough to get 2 C4 and a rocket off, getting 2 c4 and 4 rockets off is impossible unless the sundie is undefended in which case its not spawning units so isn't that vital a target anyway.

The only way C4 is even a bit much perhaps is on a LA as they can fly over tanks and use them, as a heavy though it was if anything a bit underpowered as I had to get so close and it took 2 C4 to kill a tank, and trust me its VERY hard to lay 2 C4 on a tank then blow it up before you die (normally requiring the tank to be stationary and facing away from you).

Oh well.. guess I'll just use medikits until they fix this and make it worth getting C4 again.
Old 2013-07-28, 06:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #44
Klypto
Private

It better not be.

Originally Posted by War Barney View Post
Well either it got nerfed or I found some hacking person cos it took 2 C4 and 4 rockets to kill a sunderer...
That's blockade armor or engineers repairing it.

Last edited by Klypto; 2013-07-28 at 06:20 PM.
Old 2013-07-30, 03:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #45
mrmrmrj
Sergeant

Well I know for sure that 2 C4 kill a prowler. That is all I need to be happy.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion