Dropping/destroy armor? - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Why wont my gold bullets work on this beamer?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

View Poll Results: What do you think?
"Drop armour" function 15 75.00%
No "drop armour" function 5 25.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2004-02-10, 01:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Happy lil Elf
Contributor
Colonel

Please direct me where anyone said they could pick the armor back up? As long as you can't put it back on after you take it off I'd be fine with it.

No one said we should let Rexo drive vehciles so I'm not sure where the whole Rexos hotdropping on towers from Mossys is coming from. The point is if you are in rexo and came across a hacked vehicle (or you happen to have advanced Hacking) it'd be nice to be able to throw off your armor in order to be able to jack it. I don't see where he suggested you should be able to carry spare armor in your inventory to put on after you drop on a tower. Hell, considering how quickly things despawn after they're dropped even if you can could pick it up and put it back on later I don't see that happening very ofetn since chances are it's no longer going to be there.

Jagd-Your argument isn't a very valid one.

Silver-Please explain how the fuck this idea would turn PS into EQ?

Its eating it's food. (Incorrect use of apostrophes specifically for UV)
"Oni wont get banned, unless you get banned. Its a 2 man ticket."-Hamma to TekDragon re: his request to ban Oni. Life is good.

Last edited by Happy lil Elf; 2004-02-10 at 02:09 PM.
Old 2004-02-10, 02:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Jagd
Major

What is invalid about my argument? It is the reason rexos can't pilot vehicles.
Old 2004-02-10, 02:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Happy lil Elf
Contributor
Colonel

Once they drop their armor they aren't really rexos anymore, are they? They lose the inventory space and the armor.

Saying they shouldn't be able to drop it because "people should have to plan ahead" is retarded imo.

"Oni wont get banned, unless you get banned. Its a 2 man ticket."-Hamma to TekDragon re: his request to ban Oni. Life is good.

Last edited by Happy lil Elf; 2004-02-10 at 02:16 PM.
Old 2004-02-10, 02:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Jagd
Major

Well talk to SOE, they limited the uses of ReXo for a reason.

But if its purely about being annoyed or put out by having to make a trip to a terminal, then hey I want my Reaver to carry as many rockets as a Prowler has tank shells. It is inconvenient to have to find an air tower every 4 minutes of combat.
Old 2004-02-10, 02:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Happy lil Elf
Contributor
Colonel

Yes, they did. Probably because they didn't want Rexo piloting tanks and aircraft. Of course with the idea presented here Rexos would not be piloting tanks or aircraft.

*edit* Missed the second part,

But if its purely about being annoyed or put out by having to make a trip to a terminal, then hey I want my Reaver to carry as many rockets as a Prowler has tank shells. It is inconvenient to have to find an air tower every 4 minutes of combat.
Not the same thing. Does your reaver deconstruct if you have to go to an air tower but don't make it in time? No? Didn't think so.

Last edited by Happy lil Elf; 2004-02-10 at 02:27 PM.
Old 2004-02-10, 03:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
BadAsh
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Happy lil' Elf
No one said we should let Rexo drive vehciles so I'm not sure where the whole Rexos hotdropping on towers from Mossys is coming from.
The reason for the dropping armor suggestion was to help prevent/resolve the problem when you are wearing rexo you can't drive/pilot most vehicles. So if you are in a rexo and jack a vehicle, chances are you can't drive/fly it. So the idea of shedding your armor came up.

As a counter suggestion to the shedding armor idea I suggested simply letting the rexo drive/pilot any vehicle. I have yet to hear a valid reason that the rexo needs to be an invalid armor for driving/piloting. The only thing I've heard is the "too powerful" wail. So I posed the "nightmare" or "worst case" senario where this "over powered" idea might be a problem... mossy hot dropping rexo troopers...

If there is something over powered about that, I'm not seeing it.
Old 2004-02-10, 03:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
Happy lil Elf
Contributor
Colonel

I don't know that I'd agree with simply lettting Rexo fly vehicles. Doing so would be a major change to the game and is something that would need extensive testing before any change were done.

Being able to shed your armor really doesn't have much potential to drastically change the way the game works and/or how it is played. All it really has to potential to do is get rid of one of the little annoyances that is still in the game and so, in my opinion at least, it's a good idea.

Last edited by Happy lil Elf; 2004-02-10 at 03:42 PM.
Old 2004-02-10, 06:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
Dharkbayne
Lieutenant General

You should be able to ditch your armor, but say, a 5 second wait, you can also get out of MAXes, but when you get out, all you have is the basic spawn armor/weapons, and infiltrators can't get out of their armor, for obvious reasons (They have no armor.)

+200 Cool Pts
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion