Dual Pistols - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: I quit smoking with Planetside!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-05-12, 06:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
RUEN
Staff Sergeant

Smile Dual Pistols

I was wondering what everyone would think of Dual Wielding pistols, perhaps it could be a Certification for like 3 cert points, and you atleast need Medium Assault to get it. I like the idea of having two pistols at once, I'd go for 1 AMP 1 MAG-Scatter. But, is there any reason people would be opposed to this? I doubt it'd be overpowering...
Old 2003-05-12, 06:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Contributor
Banned for no reason

Misc Info

I dont care if you use this, it wouldnt do that much more damage. Ill just use my jackhammer with surge implant and you wont know what hit you.

Old 2003-05-12, 06:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
RUEN
Staff Sergeant

Indeed
Old 2003-05-12, 06:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Angelos
First Sergeant

I do think it'd be overpowering. Pistols do more damage than you think.
Old 2003-05-12, 06:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
RUEN
Staff Sergeant

They do, but for 3 cert points, i'm sure it will be balanced, like my friend said above, he could take me out with his Jackhammer (4 cert points) and Dual Pistols would cost 3 cert points. I doubt many people would use this if they wanted to do great damage, i can baerly see many people getting this cert. But for a Sniper in Agile, it'd be a great thing. The could carry their rifle, and two pistols... nice... plus it'd take the Med Assault to get this skill. And if it WERE too overpowering, than they could add a reduction in damage depending if you pull out 1 or more pistols. 1 pistol = reg damage 2 pistols= 3/4 damage of each... just an idea.

Last edited by RUEN; 2003-05-12 at 08:40 PM.
Old 2003-05-12, 06:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Zenny
Sergeant Major

Misc Info

Ya pistols are strong, I use the NC MAG-Scatter Pistol and it easily takes less then a full clip to down an agile, so imagine it with twice the power (two guns at once). I would only have to shoot 2 or 3 times to kill someone...
Old 2003-05-12, 06:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
NeoTassadar
Lieutenant Colonel

They would nerf the pistol CoF to balance, most likely.
Old 2003-05-12, 06:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
RUEN
Staff Sergeant

They would nerf the pistol CoF to balance, most likely.
That'd be fine too... I still don't see any reason not to do this, it's just adding another choice on the list for agiles who want to do more damage but only have 1 rifle slot. There are ways to balance it, as suggested above. Plus 2 pistols would look cool
Old 2003-05-12, 07:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Deadlock
Contributor
First Lieutenant

i think thats a great idea... one of the coolest things about redfaction 2 (one of my fav console games...) is the double handgun option... as long as u kept it just hand guns it wouldn't be over powering.

however double cyclers, pheonixs, etc... would be too much. so i like this guys idea of two handguns.

although, i wouldnt want infl.'s to be able to do this. never played as one so i dont even know if they have the inventory to hold two pistols. but if they can, they shouldnt be allowed
Old 2003-05-12, 07:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
RUEN
Staff Sergeant

Yeah, see thats the beauty, Only Agiles and Reinforced would be able to do this, Infils only have 1 hand slot so they couldn't use 2 guns. And yeah, two of any other weapon would be outrageous. I was kinda surprised people aren't behind this idea as much. I'm sure this couldn't be as overpowering as oh... lets say... a DC MAX... so, no reason to object against this.
Old 2003-05-12, 07:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
NeoTassadar
Lieutenant Colonel

MAX=big target, and not enough armor to make up for it
Old 2003-05-12, 07:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
RUEN
Staff Sergeant

I'm not bashing the MAX, I'm fine with them, I feel they're as balanced as they're gonna get. But they only take 3 certs to get one (of course they sacrifice variety for it) and they're devestating. Just sayin dual pistols, i'm sure, wouldn't be as intimidating when you see someone with them as a MAX is. i used the DC max as an example because they can dual wield, and they dual wield assault weapons no less.
Old 2003-05-12, 07:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
NeoTassadar
Lieutenant Colonel

All depends on the person using it. My cousin knives MAXs to death. He's practicly a FPS god, though.
Old 2003-05-12, 07:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Angelos
First Sergeant

Don't get me wrong, I've always liked dual pistols, but it just doesn't work here. In the beta forums the damage done by weapons was displayed. The beamer does just as much damage as the pulsar. Add another beamer and you have dual pistols doing twice as much damage as an assault rifle. That's unacceptable.
Old 2003-05-12, 07:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
RUEN
Staff Sergeant

Add another beamer and you have dual pistols doing twice as much damage as an assault rifle. That's unacceptable.
if that is the case, then my 3/4 thing would come into play, which would make dual pistols doing 1.5 as much damage as an assault rifle, and seeing as it costs 5 certs to get the pistols, and only 2 to get the assault rifle, i see no problem with that...
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion