Station Fee for Outfit Creation - Page 13 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: We love to see you respawn
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-06-26, 08:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #181
DirtyBird
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Station Fee for Outfit Creation

This "standard fee" for creating outfits etc in F2P models, what other models apart from DCUO use it? How much $ are they?
And what future F2P models are going to do the same?
Is GW2?

If you use the premium model from DCUO then someone has to commit to the $15 p/m.
Thats great that a number of people here are gungho to do that, you probably have established outfits already.

Not a great enticement for someone to start from scratch imo.
And that could be the plan for all we know.
I wonder how many small guilds/clans/outfits are represented in the "First Platoon"? Which quite possibly discuss this even if they haven't ever played PS1.
Is the agenda to eventually force everyone into one of half a dozen outfits so eventually they can organise massive outfit vs outfit battles or something.

Outfits are an important part of the game, joke outfits come and go. Doesnt take too long to work out who to listen to and who to ignore.
And the zergfits are on many ignore lists as well eventually.
Size of the outfit doesn't mean you aren't a joke to some.

A lot of people cant stand running with large outfits where you get to know about 5% of the member base.
A number of people I expect/hope will want to bring friends, new players, to the game and create smaller outfits.
This should be encouraged, it brings more numbers to the game.
We want new outfits formed from the smaller Battlefield and other FPS clans etc, we need the numbers to support the game.

I'm against having to pay a premium monthly fee for part of what the core of this game is about.
I wouldn't worry about the so called jokefits in the game, they'll come and go every day regardless.
If jokefits are your biggest concern in the game and you think making them pay will limit them...you're dreaming.
Anyway there will probably be enough haxs going around to take your mind off those few jokefits.

A one off small fee as part of the cash shop and part of that includes your own outfit logo and you have at least 10 members good to go, no problems.
I'd even like to see the option available via credits raised in game for those that think they want to take the next step and lead their own outfit after playing for a while and earning soe credits.

Make your cash on selling the zebra skins, tuxedo's, monocles and mag wheels for your Bang Bus but please leave outfit creation out of it.

imo.
Old 2012-06-26, 08:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #182
GrayWave
Private

Originally Posted by Dogbolta View Post

Outfits are an important part of the game, joke outfits come and go. Doesnt take too long to work out who to listen to and who to ignore.

A lot of people cant stand running with large outfits where you get to know about 5% of the member base.
A number of people I expect/hope will want to bring friends, new players, to the game and create smaller outfits.
We want new outfits formed from the smaller Battlefield and other FPS clans etc, we need the numbers to support the game.

I'm against having to pay a premium monthly fee for part of what the core of this game is about.
I wouldn't worry about the so called jokefits in the game, they'll come and go every day regardless.
If jokefits are your biggest concern in the game and you think making them pay will limit them...you're dreaming.

Make your cash on selling the zebra skins, tuxedo's, monocles and mag wheels for your Bang Bus but please leave outfit creation out of it.

imo.
This this thisthisthis. Thank you. Exactly what I'm thinking.
Old 2012-06-26, 08:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #183
Sledgecrushr
Colonel

Having to pay a monthly fee would kill any enthusiasm on making a new outfit, I am totally for a one time outfit creation fee.
Old 2012-06-26, 08:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #184
Atmosfear
Private

I would support free outfit creation for no greater than Platoon-level groups (30 members). Beyond that, for a one time fee of whatever, I would support outfits with no population cap and skins that are only available to outfits.

I think what the OP is worried about are people with 0 experience having delusions that they will lead an awesome 1337 squad and go pewpew. They will essentially waste the time of players, and perhaps give a negative impression of outfits to new players. This has happened in countless games, where people join guilds only to find that it just ain't what's advertised.

I have no problem with larger or "more serious" outfits putting money where their mouth is. And yes, if a smaller Outfit wants the custom skins, they can pay what the 1000-member Outfit pays... and just be the small 1337 group they want to be.
Old 2012-06-26, 09:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #185
Stew
Major

This "standard fee" for creating outfits etc in F2P models, what other models apart from DCUO use it? How much $ are they?
Is GW2?

If you use the premium model from DCUO then someone has to commit to the $15 p/m.
Thats great that a number of people here are gungho to do that, you probably have established outfits already.

And that could be the plan for all we know.
I wonder how many small guilds/clans/outfits are represented in the "First Platoon"? Which quite possibly discuss this even if they haven't ever played PS1.
Is the agenda to eventually force everyone into one of half a dozen outfits so eventually they can organise massive outfit vs outfit battles or something.

Anyway there will probably be enough haxs going around to take your mind off those few jokefits.

A one off small fee as part of the cash shop and part of that includes your own outfit logo and you have at least 10 members good to go, no problems.
I'd even like to see the option available via credits raised in game for those that think they want to take the next step and lead their own outfit after playing for a while and earning soe credits.

imo.
You got the whole thing Oufit creation should NOT be controle and force to pay or join BIG outfit !

Some people just want to make their own little outfit and they want to work toghuether with others outfit or do their own thing but whiout been force to pay a fee or to join a big outfit full of strangers !

This is a free to play and outfit creation is part of the core element of the game WICH bee able to bring own your own comunity of friends whitthin a outfits !

SOE have to make money over cosmetics and boosters and bypass mostly thats all they must leave the outfit out of this !
Old 2012-06-26, 09:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #186
Greeniegriz
Contributor
Second Lieutenant

Misc Info

Make outfit creation have a Auraxium or Station Cash cost.

Want to make an outfit?

Pay 2,000 Auraxium

Or

Pay 1,000 Station Cash ($10)

(costs just an example)

Now, people that dont want to spend money can still make an outfit, just have to work a bit. Alternately, people can expedite things and do it with station cash.

Cheers,

GG

Sent from Beta using Tapatalk 2

PSU Folding Team - Join Today!
Don't follow me on Twitter

Last edited by Greeniegriz; 2012-06-26 at 09:21 AM.
Old 2012-06-26, 09:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #187
Geist
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Greeniegriz View Post

Want to make an outfit?

Pay 2,000 Auraxium

Or

(costs just an example)

Now, people that dont want to spend money can still make an outfit, just have to work a bit. Alternately, people can expedite things a do it with station cash.

Cheers,

GG

Works for me.
"There is a theory which states that if ever anybody discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another theory which states that this has already happened."

-Douglas Adams
Old 2012-06-26, 09:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #188
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by Greeniegriz View Post

Want to make an outfit?

Pay 2,000 Auraxium

Or

(costs just an example)

Now, people that dont want to spend money can still make an outfit, just have to work a bit. Alternately, people can expedite things a do it with station cash.

Cheers,

GG

Time is an acceptable cost to me.

Old 2012-06-26, 10:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #189
Masterr
Staff Sergeant

i support 1 time fee for feature/outfit member increase. SOE needs money and if they dont take it from here, they will take it from another area that'll produce more rage in the community.

in-game resources could be used to make an outfit like the above poster with 2,000 auraxia as an example. I think the outfit membership increase the auraxia amount rises exponentially and the station cash gets doubled. Some members need to throw money down in the game too, not just the leader.
Old 2012-06-26, 04:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #190
Nemeses
Staff Sergeant

Is GW2?

Not a great enticement for someone to start from scratch imo.And that could be the plan for all we know.

I'm against having to pay a premium monthly fee for part of what the core of this game is about. I wouldn't worry about the so called jokefits in the game, they'll come and go every day regardless.

imo.
If you need extra enticement then forming a guild may very well not be the Best thing for you, its something you either want to do or don't, and if you are serious about doing it and doing it right the $15 a month should not and would not be a barrier.

Forming a outfit is not a core part of the game, in no way not being in a outfit prevents you from playing, its seems more like anything you fancy doing is a core part, SOE need to raise money, asking people to sub if they want to form a Outfit is not unreasonable expecting everything to be handed to you free is unreasonable.
Old 2012-06-26, 05:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #191
Nemeses
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by DjEclipse View Post
The purple part makes complete sense to me.
Would that be a Vanu thing
Old 2012-06-26, 07:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #192
Dagron
Captain

Originally Posted by Nemeses View Post
Green Part: If you need extra enticement then forming a guild may very well not be the Best thing for you, its something you either want to do or don't, and if you are serious about doing it and doing it right the $15 a month should not and would not be a barrier.
I don't think he meant people needed enticement, but that it would be a barrier against creating outfits... the exact opposite of enticement.

Also, i have a problem with that "if you are serious about doing it" way of thinking. Not everyone is going to make a hardcore outfit, casuals want their outfits too and paying a monthly fee is a very anti-casual device.
I'm not saying casuals should be the only concern (as some of the more dramatic people sometimes point out around these forums), i'm saying there is a half-way where people's needs should meet at.

That's the reason why i said i'm ok with a small fee for creating the outfit and then charging some more to make it bigger... having to pay any ammount would greatly reduce the number of annoying pointless outfits, it being cheap wouldn't prevent casuals to do their "family" outfits, and serious outfits would pay little by little as they grew instead of paying a fixed ammount every month.

That way has an up side for everyone: the company makes some money, less people make pointless outfits that reduce the number of people joining big outfits, and casuals still get to make their own band of brothers without feeling they should take it too seriously to make their money be worth it.

Originally Posted by Nemeses View Post
Purple part: Forming a outfit is not a core part of the game, in no way not being in a outfit prevents you from playing, its seems more like anything you fancy doing is a core part, SOE need to raise money, asking people to sub if they want to form a Outfit is not unreasonable expecting everything to be handed to you free is unreasonable.[/COLOR]
I agree that expecting everything to be free is unreasonable, but forcing people into the subscription mode is a little too discouraging, even for something that's not a core part of the game (clans may not be core but they're still pretty big in any type of MP game, but that's another discussion).

Anyway, my point is: they should keep in mind the reason for making a F2P game with microtransactions in the first place - "pay as much as you want as fast as you can". Getting a little money from a lot of people is better than getting a lot of money from very few people.

Last edited by Dagron; 2012-06-26 at 07:18 PM. Reason: formatting, spelling, etc
Old 2012-06-27, 01:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #193
Nemeses
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Dagron View Post
I don't think he meant people needed enticement, but that it would be a barrier against creating outfits... the exact opposite of enticement.

Also, i have a problem with that "if you are serious about doing it" way of thinking. Not everyone is going to make a hardcore outfit, casuals want their outfits too and paying a monthly fee is a very anti-casual device.
I'm not saying casuals should be the only concern (as some of the more dramatic people sometimes point out around these forums), i'm saying there is a half-way where people's needs should meet at.

That's the reason why i said i'm ok with a small fee for creating the outfit and then charging some more to make it bigger... having to pay any ammount would greatly reduce the number of annoying pointless outfits, it being cheap wouldn't prevent casuals to do their "family" outfits, and serious outfits would pay little by little as they grew instead of paying a fixed ammount every month.

That way has an up side for everyone: the company makes some money, less people make pointless outfits that reduce the number of people joining big outfits, and casuals still get to make their own band of brothers without feeling they should take it too seriously to make their money be worth it.

I agree that expecting everything to be free is unreasonable, but forcing people into the subscription mode is a little too discouraging, even for something that's not a core part of the game (clans may not be core but they're still pretty big in any type of MP game, but that's another discussion).

Anyway, my point is: they should keep in mind the reason for making a F2P game with microtransactions in the first place - "pay as much as you want as fast as you can". Getting a little money from a lot of people is better than getting a lot of money from very few people.

I know he meant it as a barrier, I just answered the post in the way he wrote it. Even casual guild players should not have a gripe about having to sub to form a guild, remember in every mmo I know tht needs a subscription to create a guild, once the guild is up the subscribtion can run out, the guild will still be fomed, so this is a far better way than a one off fee, because not only do you get the guild up for what is still technically a one off fee, you get every other benefit that a sub gets you for that one month.

I am completely apposed to the idea of charging for outfit size, that will just create way to many problems, and it a bit like the 'rich mans tax' and we know all that does is drive the best and brightest away.

Bit like a penalty for working hard to create a decent guild.
Old 2012-06-27, 04:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #194
megamold
Second Lieutenant

i'm just gonna leave this here

extra credits : microtransactions
Old 2012-06-27, 05:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #195
XLynxX
Corporal

No lol. Maybe paying for extra slots for your outfit would be ok, but to restrict such an important teamwork tool such as outfits by having to pay is just not helpful to the game.

Also for those saying $20 isn't much, that is a pretty heavy amount for creating a outfit on a free to play game. And although some of you might not have noticed, we are in a bad economic situation. If some guy wants to create his own outfit with a friend and form it into what he wants, forcing him to paying $20 or £10 for us UK people would be a pretty tall order and would cause people to not make "fringe" outfits like an all tank outfit or a all aircraft outfit. I sure as hell wouldn't have paid £10 when I started my outfit 5 years ago :P.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion