Things Planetside shouldn't copy from League of Legends. - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: 99% Fat Free
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 2012-06-17, 05:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Dreamcast
Major

Things Planetside shouldn't copy from League of Legends.

Since SOE admires League of Legends so much, I want to talk about things they shouldn't copy from LoL.

First thing they shouldn't copy is shitty service.....That game is down pretty often.

2nd thing they shouldn't copy, OP new weapons,vehicles,etc, almost every 2 weeks(In League of Legends is champs)......then patch the OP weapons/Vehicles next update.

3rd thing they shouldn't copy is having the same map for 2 + years......I really I really hope Planetside 2 comes out with a new Continent like every 6-8 months.
Old 2012-06-17, 05:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Meriv
First Sergeant

Re: Things Planetside shouldn't copy from League of Legends.

Yes but i would realy like to copy the 13 milion pop

And your second ans your third question (or ppl will get bored by the few types of games they have) and the little brick by brick that got Dota(i played the first versions and it got quite far) from the 2005 to what it is .... i would like to copy that

Last edited by Meriv; 2012-06-17 at 05:27 PM.
Old 2012-06-17, 05:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Dreamcast
Major

Originally Posted by Meriv View Post
Yes but i would realy like to copy the 13 milion pop
hmmm is that legit or do people just make scrub accounts because they can't cut it

Im sure they have a big population, they get 1 million views on utube, pretty damn quick.
Old 2012-06-17, 05:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Ratstomper
Major

Just hope they don't copy their piss poor fanbase.
Old 2012-06-17, 05:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Pella
Captain

Originally Posted by Dreamcast View Post
Since SOE admires League of Legends so much, I want to talk about things they shouldn't copy from LoL.

First thing they shouldn't copy is shitty service.....That game is down pretty often.

2nd thing they shouldn't copy, OP new weapons,vehicles,etc, almost every 2 weeks(In League of Legends is champs)......then patch the OP weapons/Vehicles next update.

3rd thing they shouldn't copy is having the same map for 2 + years......I really I really hope Planetside 2 comes out with a new Continent like every 6-8 months.
I wouldn't say SOE admires LoL. SOE already dominated the FTP market. And im sure They know what there doing.
Old 2012-06-17, 05:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
DarkChiron
First Sergeant

Yes. I hope they continue to remember that the game is for playing, and substantive updates are better than a never ending stream of cosmetics.

I know cosmetics are the sure money, but it gets annoying having things be broken for so long and never have the devs say anything other than "Yeah we'll get to it when we get to it. Buy our new skin for $20."
Old 2012-06-17, 05:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Meriv
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Dreamcast View Post
hmmm is that legit or do people just make scrub accounts because they can't cut it

Im sure they have a big population, they get 1 million views on utube, pretty damn quick.
Oh pardon the registered were 30 milions the actives 11 until november with peak of 1.3 mil.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/11/18/le...d-of-warcraft/
Old 2012-06-17, 05:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Forsaken One
First Sergeant

LOL OP if thats all you have to say then I'm guessing you started playing LoL AFTER ranked was put in.

What sony shouldn't do is cater to the E-sports people.

I remember LoL back in beta. I remember when stealth was fine. I remember when if you whined about Twitch or Eve the devs told you to learn how to play.

LoL slowly degraded into a joke after Ranked mode was added. "ooo High Elo can't be bothered playing right" so... Shaco must be ruined, all stealth champs must be ruined.... champs that require ANY thought to play or counter get ruined in favor of champs that is based on things a monkey can play or counter.

High Elo couldn't even be bothered to shroom hunt so they nerfed AP Teemo into the ground. and no, the recent bug fix only really made AS Teemo a little more worth a shit, did nothing really for AP Teemo.

Don't let anything like LoL's Ranked anywhere near PS2 and keep the whole E-sport BS the hell away from PS2.

Last edited by Forsaken One; 2012-06-17 at 05:38 PM.
Old 2012-06-17, 05:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Dreamcast
Major

Originally Posted by Forsaken One View Post
LOL OP if thats all you have to say then I'm guessing you started playing LoL AFTER ranked was put in.

What sony shouldn't do is cater to the E-sports people.

I remember LoL back in beta. I remember when stealth was fine. I remember When if you whined about Twitch or Eve the devs told you to learn how to play.

LoL slowly degraded into a joke after Ranked mode was added. "ooo High Elo can't be bothered playing right" so... Shaco must be ruined, all stealth champs must be ruined.... champs that require ANY thought to play or counter get ruined in favor of champs that is based on things a monkey can play or counter.

High Elo couldn't even be bothered to shroom hunt so they nerfed AP Teemo into the ground. and no, the recent bug fix only really made AS Teemo a little more worth a shit, did nothing really for AP Teemo.

Don't let anything like LoL's Ranked anywhere near PS2 and keep the whole E-sport BS the hell away from PS2.
No hippity hipster...I played the game since like first quarter 2010(I guess February or march, not sure).

and I hate that they nerfed teemo since I play teemo.
Old 2012-06-17, 05:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Dairian
Sergeant

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	I+m+confused+by+this+title+_a1221694807edc78df8588d0f215604b.gif
Views:	9
Size:	108.3 KB
ID:	661  
Old 2012-06-17, 05:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Bags
Lieutenant General

This is like completely common sense... Why make this thread to complain about League? go do it on their forums, please.
Old 2012-06-17, 05:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
basti
Brigadier General

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Ratstomper View Post
Just hope they don't copy their piss poor fanbase.
That copy piss poor threads about stuff LOL shouldnt copy certain things from other games?

Yeah, damn man.

If you want to discuss LOL, do it in the right board here, or on those LOL forums. I prefer you use the right board here, because those LOL forums are a mess.

/closing as it has literally nothing to do with PS2.
Closed Thread
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion