Couple questions from a prospective player about the races... - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Home of AGN, POTD, and many other acronyms.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2002-12-14, 08:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Hamma
PSU Admin

not sure lol

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2002-12-14, 08:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
�io
Lieutenant General

Originally posted by Hamma

not sure lol
Hamma did you actually play the game or are you just yaking our chain?
Old 2002-12-14, 08:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Jinxmasta
Second Lieutenant

I will probably stick with Vanu even if NC matches my style of play ten times better than Vanu. I like the speed and precision of Vanu but when it really comes down to it, I would rather be up close blasting people with a Jackhammer.

The thing is though, I am a stealth and weapons and all that aren't very important. The only downside to the Vanu stealth are that they probably have the second crappiest pistol (first being TR). The good thing about the Beamer is it will probably be quiet and accurate but that's it. The NC's Mag-Scatter is much more powerful and therefore will be effective close range. Of course, the noise gives me away.

In all, I really don't know know why I am still Vanu Probably because of their philosophies because the NC's philosophies suck! Oh and loyalty too. However, at release, I will most probably have to try out a character from each of the three empires to see which one is for me. If I get into beta, I can do it there

I Qanamil_Rafiki for this sig!
Old 2002-12-14, 08:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Hamma
PSU Admin

I sure did play it, but VR was the very first thing we did. I had to get my bearings first

I dont believe you can get other empires weapons tho.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2002-12-14, 08:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Zarparchior
Dragoon Admiral

Originally posted by Jinxmasta
I will probably stick with Vanu even if NC matches my style of play ten times better than Vanu.
Whoa! A fellow non-NCer for no good reason! My playing style fits them as well, but do we care? Nah...

Ah... I was hoping you'd be able to try all the different Empire weapons. It'll sux0r having to choose an Empire at the start - only to play your friends account for a day to find out you like his Empire more... I know you can switch sides and all, but that's not the point. I'd rather not have to switch sides if I don't have to. People'll think I'm some kind of traitor or something.
Old 2002-12-14, 09:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
Led

I hope they come up with a better idea as to how to maintain empire balance, as that option to jump ship is very unappealing I, for one, would not jump after spending so much time and energy getting my empire on a winning streak. I doubt anyone else would want to switch as well... you would be leaving behind friends, your outfit, and all the people depending on you.

Not very nice at all!
Old 2002-12-14, 09:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
Jinxmasta
Second Lieutenant

The only way I would switch would be that I hate the weapons and vehicles and the people are idiots and/or mean. If the Vanu don't meet these requirements, I will stay with the Vanu

Old 2002-12-14, 09:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
�io
Lieutenant General

Originally posted by Jinxmasta
The thing is though, I am a stealth and weapons and all that aren't very important. The only downside to the Vanu stealth are that they probably have the second crappiest pistol (first being TR). The good thing about the Beamer is it will probably be quiet and accurate but that's it. The NC's Mag-Scatter is much more powerful and therefore will be effective close range. Of course, the noise gives me away.
Ummm...

AMP
Source: Common Pool
Handling: Pistol
Damage: Medium
Maximum Range: Medium
Refire Rate: Very Fast

The AMP is designed for close range combat. It is the only fully automatic weapon of its type and can empty a full clip of ammunition very quickly. However, it suffers from poor recoil, causing it to be very inaccurate when fired in full automatic mode.

Repeater
Source: Terran Republic
Handling: Pistol
Damage: Medium
Maximum Range: Medium
Recoil Penalty: Medium
Refire Rate: Fast

This is the primary sidearm for Terran Republic officers. It is a sturdy workhorse with a decent clip size, good damage, and reasonable range, making it very handy for close-quarters fights.

Beamer
Source: Vanu Sovereignty
Handling: Energy Pistol
Damage: High
Maximum Range: Short
Refire Rate: Medium

The Beamer is the handy sidearm of the Vanu Sovereignty. It uses energy cells instead of regular ammunition, and thus has some flexibility over other sidearms. It can be converted from a regular energy blaster to a more focused, armor piercing shot that consumes more energy. Thus, it is good for regular close-in firefights as well as a reasonable anti-vehicular weapon.

MAG-Scatter
Source: New Conglomerate
Handling: Shotgun Pistol
Damage: High
Maximum Range: Short
Refire Rate: Fast

Essentially a handheld shotgun pistol, the Scatter Pistol is primarily designed for close quarters combat. Due to its short barrel design, the Scatter Pistol loses effectiveness beyond a relatively close range.
Now if you look closely you'll see that both NC and VS pistols have the same stats except the NC pistol is faster. The VS pistol however can pierce armor and is still effective at medium range. And the TR has a longer range. In short there is no better pistol just different advantages.
Old 2002-12-14, 09:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
Jinxmasta
Second Lieutenant

Well for up close I would say the Mag-Scatter is better just because it is a mini shotgun that somehow has a high refire rate. The beamer is nice but I would have to say the Mag-Scatter is better for a stealth who will probably be shooting from a few feet away. Of course, I will be using a knife w/ melee booster a lot.

Old 2002-12-14, 10:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
Led

How well will an attacker remain cloaked? I would assume an almost total decloak if a projectile weapon was used. But if a knife was used instead, would the stealther remain invisible?
Old 2002-12-14, 10:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
�io
Lieutenant General

Well the mag is a minishotgun yeah but the beamer has AP rounds. So i'm sure it will do it's fair share of damage on a med armor just as much as the mag and probably more damage on a MAX then the mag.
Old 2002-12-14, 10:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
Jinxmasta
Second Lieutenant

I would think a knife wouldn't have a great effect as a pistol would but it should make the attacker a little more visible. Oh and if you are firing a gun, you will be fully visible while you are still firing.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion