"out of bounds" - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Have a life? Not anymore.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-07-19, 09:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Infektion
Sergeant Major

Question "out of bounds"

Haven't seen this discussed in the last 4 pages.

Dunno about you guys, but I'm bummed out at the "out of bounds" warning and then 10 second respawn timer past the border... My outfit usually did wide oceanic turns around enemy lines, this definitely would affect, I mean... Hamma was still on land when he got the display. It just seems like such a shitty addition, way too "call of planetfield"
Old 2012-07-19, 09:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Juturna
Private

Re: "out of bounds"

Originally Posted by Infektion View Post
Haven't seen this discussed in the last 4 pages.

Dunno about you guys, but I'm bummed out at the "out of bounds" warning and then 10 second respawn timer past the border... My outfit usually did wide oceanic turns around enemy lines, this definitely would affect, I mean... Hamma was still on land when he got the display. It just seems like such a shitty addition, way too "call of planetfield"
The games not done yet so chill out man. I'm sure that they'll be using ocean/water as a border
Old 2012-07-19, 09:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Landtank
Second Lieutenant

I too was bummed out, but Higgles has stated numerous times that they are working a solution, I just hope its a good solution D:
Old 2012-07-19, 09:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
haticK
First Sergeant

yea they already said the out of bounds will be moved outside of the map so aircraft can fly over the water
Old 2012-07-19, 09:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Turdicus
Master Sergeant

The almighty dev team has heard our laments. Higgs said in the most recent AGN video that they plan to move the out of bounds further from the shore.
Old 2012-07-19, 09:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Sifer2
Major

Originally Posted by haticK View Post
yea they already said the out of bounds will be moved outside of the map so aircraft can fly over the water

Nice that's sounds great. I have noticed they seem to be listening to a lot of complaints an making changes. TTK looks longer than it was at E3. And stuff like this makes me really excited.
Old 2012-07-19, 09:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Zulthus
Colonel

Yeah I honestly hope they fix that, artificial barriers like that just have no place imo. They first said they put it in to prevent people from idling over the ocean, who would even do that? And why?

Removing it is absolutely necessary... there are a lot of outfits that go around enemy lines, and need that area to fly in.
Old 2012-07-19, 09:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Symmenix
Sergeant

They said time and time again that those borders are temporary and will be removed.
Old 2012-07-19, 09:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Infektion
Sergeant Major

Quick replies! I too hope they come up with a great solution. Driving atvs from one side of the map to the other was just one of those things. It must return! lol.
Old 2012-07-19, 09:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Minigun
Staff Sergeant

As long as if you're on the edge of the out of bounds you are out of the enemys LOS allowing you to flank i will be happy.
Old 2012-07-19, 10:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
GLaDOS
Staff Sergeant

Does anyone remember that Halo 3 map, the snowy one, that had automatic turrets that would start shooting you down if you went too far out of the map? I think there was also a desert one where the ground started exploding (due to mines or something). I would love to see out of bounds replaced with that, far off the shore of course.
Old 2012-07-19, 10:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Sifer2
Major

Originally Posted by GLaDOS View Post
Does anyone remember that Halo 3 map, the snowy one, that had automatic turrets that would start shooting you down if you went too far out of the map? I think there was also a desert one where the ground started exploding (due to mines or something). I would love to see out of bounds replaced with that, far off the shore of course.

Would probably make most sense to just have you be out of the power transmission range so your vehicles engines just start to shut off, and if you don't turn back you take a swim.
Old 2012-07-19, 10:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
OnexBigxHebrew
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Symmenix View Post
They said time and time again that those borders are temporary and will be removed.
This
Old 2012-07-19, 10:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Stardouser
Colonel

As of right now the out of bounds can't be taken one way or the other since they don't have the whole map active.

But when they do, I suspect there will be some irritating restrictions.
Old 2012-07-20, 12:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
Death2All
Major

Misc Info

Agreed, using the ocean as an alternate avenue to flank a base or what have you was a nice tactic, I'd hate to see it go.

A part of me wishes that they'd keep the out of bounds warning as subtle as it was in PS1. You get a nonchalant warning in your chatbox that you're going out of bounds that you probably wouldn't notice as you try to reach the edge of the map for the first time....then BOOM!

Nothing like a minor heart attack to teach you a lesson about going out of bounds on a map.

Death2AllVS/TR/NC
Rekeer
AliENaTiON
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion