Dark Age of Camelot - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: PLease consult a physician before whoring.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > General Gaming Discussion

Old 2012-06-22, 12:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Zulthus
Colonel

Dark Age of Camelot

Does anyone here play? One of my favorite MMORPGs of all time. I'm in a gaming rut here and it'd be nice to know how the pops are... it'd be fun to try it again for the first time in 6 years. I just now got bored of DA:O..
Old 2012-06-27, 06:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Grimster
First Lieutenant

Re: Dark Age of Camelot

WOW, I haven't played DAoC in a looooooong time. I used to play on Excalibur(EU) but from what I have heard that server is not around anymore.

But like I said I haven't played DAoC in probably 7 or 8 years.
NEED UPDATES!
Old 2012-06-28, 01:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Zapalot
Private

Well Hello!

Never thought some ppl play DaoC here, hehe. Was Playing on Stonehenge/Midgard(EU) long time ago. Mainly im playing right now on some freeshard servers with i50 and all res/stat stuff, its nice for some instant RVR/PVP action.
Old 2012-06-28, 02:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Grimster
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Zapalot View Post
Well Hello!

Never thought some ppl play DaoC here, hehe. Was Playing on Stonehenge/Midgard(EU) long time ago. Mainly im playing right now on some freeshard servers with i50 and all res/stat stuff, its nice for some instant RVR/PVP action.

I always played Midgard. I think I played for about 2-3 years or something similar. I quite right before Catacombs was released so I went through this whole ToA grind with artifact farming and what not. Loved the ML raids though.
NEED UPDATES!
Old 2012-06-28, 03:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Zulthus
Colonel

Yeah I always played Midgard as well, my favorite class was the Thane. Loved the lightning direct/AOE spells.

It'd be fun to play again but I don't want to pay unless there are lots of people still in the game.
Old 2012-06-28, 03:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Zolan
Staff Sergeant

One of my first games, and still my favorite MMO of all time. I started playing around launch, I think the server was Lancelot.

I went Albion for the longest time, as a Fire Wizzy. A couple of years later I started hugging trees and defected to Hibernia.

I haven't played it about 2 years, but I hear it's still kicking now that all of the servers are meshed into one.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/NzUPuVHP4uw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited by Zolan; 2012-06-28 at 03:46 AM. Reason: nostalgia
Old 2012-06-28, 05:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Grimster
First Lieutenant

I loved DF.

One of my favorite things to do was to log out my ShadowBlade in DF together with a BuffBot then when some other faction have had DF for a while I would log in and slaughter people.

That used to be heaps of fun.
NEED UPDATES!
Old 2012-06-29, 03:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Zulthus
Colonel

Well I'm probably going to resub for a month out of boredom and start from scratch, if anyone else wants to try as well it would be more fun in a group.
Old 2012-06-29, 09:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Crator
Major General

I played that game a long time ago. Nimue server | Albion | Haalid | Saints of Cairdeas

Last edited by Crator; 2012-06-29 at 09:51 PM.
Old 2012-07-06, 01:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Vancha
Colonel

I loved my time in DAoC, but I can't see myself returning. I've always wished other MMOs had such interesting classes. Valewalkers, Animists and Theurgists come to mind.

One of the reasons I'm looking forward to GW2 is that the PvP looks reminiscent of DAoC's.

Oh and I started of as an Alb on EU servers, but that was the game that made me start playing on US servers for MMOs and once I crossed over to those I was mainly Hib.

DAoC Nostalgia 1

DAoC Nostalgia 2

Tried to find the DAoC Jeopardy post, but alas, it seems to have been lost to time...
Old 2012-07-07, 11:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

It's crazy to me that people look back on this game fondly. I think our good memories of bad games are 100% because we played with friends or something. Or, in my case, because I keep my video game habits to myself, I have only bad memories of DAoC because I was only in it for gameplay. Exp loss on death and corpse runs? GREAT. Grinding camps for hours and hours and hours to advance in PvE? GREAT. Grinding for hours at Emain Macha to advance in RvR? GREAT. And about that RVR, how fun is dying to a single DoT or being stunlocked/mezzed and not able to even fight back? Sounds like fun to me!

DAoC was shit, Mythic was a terrible company full of hacks, and their shitty grasp of gameplay ruined the Warhammer game also which sucks because Warhammer is a vaguely interesting setting when it's handled by people who aren't retarded.
Old 2012-07-08, 12:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
Zulthus
Colonel

Originally Posted by Warborn View Post
It's crazy to me that people look back on this game fondly. I think our good memories of bad games are 100% because we played with friends or something. Or, in my case, because I keep my video game habits to myself, I have only bad memories of DAoC because I was only in it for gameplay. Exp loss on death and corpse runs? GREAT. Grinding camps for hours and hours and hours to advance in PvE? GREAT. Grinding for hours at Emain Macha to advance in RvR? GREAT. And about that RVR, how fun is dying to a single DoT or being stunlocked/mezzed and not able to even fight back? Sounds like fun to me!

DAoC was shit, Mythic was a terrible company full of hacks, and their shitty grasp of gameplay ruined the Warhammer game also which sucks because Warhammer is a vaguely interesting setting when it's handled by people who aren't retarded.
Sorry you couldn't enjoy the game. That description pretty much fits any other MMORPG that exists aside from the RvR though. I don't know why I and others liked it so much... there was just something unique and different about it.

PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > General Gaming Discussion