Indar Lattice refinement: adding some links? - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Your sig has been pre-axed.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-05-27, 01:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Illtempered
First Sergeant

Re: Indar Lattice refinement: adding some links?

Well yes. Let us neutralize bases again!
Old 2013-05-27, 07:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Vashyo
First Sergeant

Yeah I have to disagree, too many links and we're starting to get too many potential targets to defend, ghostcapping-galore all over again.

The amount we have now is just fine, IMO. could be bit less, possibly but not sure. I just don't want to constantly run after ghostcappers and I don't want them to pull out other people from my faction from enjoyable even battles.

I would gladly fight 2 hours for one base if that was possible, I really like the struggle of combat and finally getting that sweet sweet victory or feel satisfied loser for having such an even battle.

Last edited by Vashyo; 2013-05-27 at 07:48 PM.
Old 2013-05-27, 09:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Rivenshield
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by Assist View Post
I dislike how spawning mechanics currently work with the lattice. Really need to open up the spawning options.
Yeah, it's exasperating. I have to deploy, then suicide a few times to get where I want to go. EVERY installation on your side of the map that your empire owns should be open for you to spawn at IMHO.
Old 2013-05-27, 09:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Falcon_br
Captain

Less links, no more!
The only thing that makes me sad is that they removed/blocked most of the roads that no longer connects lattice bases.
What means that when I am using a road I used to know, now I am just hitting rocks or other things that didn´t existed before.

In planetside since the close beta of the first game!
Outfit Brasileira de Planetside 2
Old 2013-05-28, 02:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
Whiteagle
Major

Originally Posted by basti View Post
Nah. No to more links really.

Remember that at some point, we will get the whole global lattice thing. At that point you will see actual 2-way fights on continents. I already fear that the current indar lattice may be to much links for two-ways, but that remains to be seen.

In any way, no to more links. rather the revival of the NTU, to allow back capping, while also giving attackers a different way to get the defender out of the base (by sieging it for quite some time. )
Indeed, and personally I feel a lot of the links you re-established were removed for GOOD reason.
A large number of your Northern Links allow one to completely bypass Major Facilities just by taking their Satellite outpost, while the ones around the Southern Gates allow a faction to Warpgate another fairly easily.

In short, most of your links promote rushing an opponent's Warpgate to blockade them there, instead of earning it through pushing down each lane.

...Really don't see what you are trying to accomplish with this, sure Small Outfits become more effective on the Continental Scale but the same Design Scheme benefits Large Outfits even more so.
Old 2013-05-28, 05:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
Carbon Copied
First Sergeant

Rather than increased permanent links I'd like to see something along the thoughts of "mission links" for example when a condition is met this opens up a "ghost link" that isn't a hard standing link to tangent off at but available as a mission for a squad to influence another lattice line or side step to the main line to cut off outpost x; it shouldn't be a strict "take this alternate route or nothing" but present a potential tactical choice to a squad (who would meet a squad coming the other way as they've received the opposite "mission link"). These could/should be very infrequent but once available present a potential solution/problem to either faction.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion