Request: Let us buy "Alpha Squad" with Station Cash - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Look behind you! Got ya!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-09-12, 05:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
basti
Brigadier General

Misc Info
Re: Request: Let us buy "Alpha Squad" with Station Cash

Originally Posted by Higby View Post
I love finding scams, it's one of my big lifelong passions actually to find little scams and exploit em. One of my favorites was when Jamba Juice was giving you free juice if you charged up a 20 dollar jamba card, and you could use a jamba card to charge a jamba card. I'd get 2, sometimes 3 jamba juices at a time by moving my balance between cards, sometimes the guy/gal at the register would get what I was doing, most of the time they just zoned out and didn't pay attention. usually if i'd get 2 or 3 jamba juices they'd pick it up and get a manager. My favorite was this young lady who said "oh no, i'm sure you can't do that!", the scam was up... she had figured out my scam. she got her manager and he looked at her like she was a complete idiot, said "no, you just click jamba card and swipe it, it's easy!" gave me a little nod like "Sorry for the dumb employee" and walked off with a smug look on his face. I felt pretty bad for her and she looked at me like I was the biggest ahole she'd ever met. That was a great summer, I always had a cool refreshing snack handy. I eventually got black listed from 2 of the nearby jamba juices and I'm pretty sure they don't offer that promotion anymore.

Anyways, long story short, we're not going to let you buy 40 dollars worth of station cash along with a massive additional benefit using 40 dollars worth of station cash.

Damn man, this is brilliant.
Old 2012-09-12, 05:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
SixShooter
Captain

Everything about this thread is making me giggle.

Old 2012-09-12, 06:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Crator
Major General

Well, you could offer this as an option. But take away giving the SC from the offer if you buy with SC. So you get all the in-game stuff and beta key, just not the SC. But, I guess SOE would then be scamming in a way. Not sure why someone would go spend there in-game cash that equals the same amount of real cash. I guess if parents bought it for you and no way for you to get more?

Last edited by Crator; 2012-09-12 at 06:33 PM.
Old 2012-09-12, 06:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
FINALCUT
First Sergeant

This is officially the BEST THREAD EVER
Old 2012-09-12, 07:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Sifer2
Major

The way I see it "Alpha Squad" is their replacement to selling the box in a store. They just decided not to do a boxed release, and have this promotion instead. That's why its a cash only purchase. Of course if they end up having a boxed collectors edition later too I would be real angry so they better not lol.

Look on the bright side the existing SC you have on your account isn't exactly useless. You can still buy stuff in PS2 with it.
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-09-13, 02:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
T-Ray
PlanetSide 2
Sr. Art Director

Originally Posted by Shogun View Post
lol

higby you are great!

but i would like to request another payment method!
i live in europe and i don´t get the option to pay with paypal for the founders pack!
and after certain events i hesitate to give credit card or bank account info to sony again. will we get a paypal option before the founders pack limited time runs off?

for i could use paypal for the triple station cash offer, but i can´t with the founders offer.
You know you can always go get a prepaid CC from the grocery store. You can use them just like a CC without the worry or fuss. You can also recharge them if you like.
Old 2012-09-13, 02:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #22
AxeGaijin
Private

Originally Posted by T-Ray View Post
You know you can always go get a prepaid CC from the grocery store. You can use them just like a CC without the worry or fuss. You can also recharge them if you like.

I doubt we even have such a thing in Europe, well I haven't heard of it at least.
CC are pointless to have in Europe as you can buy everything you want with your bank's Debit Card, from fuel for your car, a candy bar, your grocery shopping to that nice new PC. I believe in the whole of the Netherlands there are less then 800 stores where you can actually pay with a CC, and most of those are for very expensive or exclusive items.

I was able to pay for Alpha-Squad using Direct Debit though, SOE still has my account info from when I had a DCUO subscription.

Last edited by AxeGaijin; 2012-09-13 at 02:48 AM.
This is the last VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-09-13, 02:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #23
T-Ray
PlanetSide 2
Sr. Art Director

Originally Posted by AxeGaijin View Post
I doubt we even have such a thing in Europe, well I haven't heard of it at least.
CC are pointless to have in Europe as you can buy everything you want with your bank's Debit Card, from fuel for your car, a candy bar, your grocery shopping to that nice new PC. I believe in the whole of the Netherlands there are less then 800 stores where you can actually pay with a CC, and most of those are for very expensive or exclusive items.

I was able to pay for Alpha-Squad using Direct Debit though, SOE still has my account info from when I had a DCUO subscription.
http://www.visa.co.uk/en/products/visa_prepaid.aspx
Old 2012-09-13, 03:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #24
AxeGaijin
Private

I stand corrected, but still paying to pay was never something I was a fan of.

Direct Debit FTW!
Old 2012-09-13, 06:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #25
Flaropri
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Higby View Post
Anyways, long story short, we're not going to let you buy 40 dollars worth of station cash along with a massive additional benefit using 40 dollars worth of station cash.
Well... NOW what am I going to do with that 4k SC I got a few months back when it was on sale to give you triple value?

Anyway, that was a pretty amusing anecdote, so thanks for making my day.
Old 2012-09-13, 02:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
bjorntju1
Captain

Originally Posted by AxeGaijin View Post

I have this: https://www.3vcard.nl/ You just add money on it via iDeal, the downside is that you pay €2 when you add funds to your card. However I used that exact same card to buy alpha squad and it worked just fine afaik you also don't have to pay a yearly fee so having that card can never hurt.
Old 2012-09-13, 06:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
Tatwi
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by T-Ray View Post
For anyone in Canada thinking of using these, take some time to read the fine print. The Canadian ones all have some crazy/excessive fees and limited time frames before wiping your funds, etc. Was on the news a while back. Sucks. They have some great ones in the USA though.

I've had a VISA since college in the 90s and just requested to keep my limit at the same $1,200 that it started with. That pretty well prevents a fraudster from doing any real damage with it, but it's useful for online purchases and conveniences here and there. And it only costs about $25/m to carry the full balance, which peanuts compared to the convenience it offers (no need to apply for a payment plan, etc. when buying something large-ish, just VISA it and pay it whenever - don't do that with a $5K credit limit though! ).
Old 2012-09-13, 09:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
Crotch
Private

The NC goon Matt Thugby brags about his boorishness and debauchery while the Vanu prophet T-Ray brings technological enlightenment to the unwashed masses.

Typical.
Old 2012-09-13, 09:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
TheBladeRoden
Contributor
First Sergeant

I would like to buy Alpha Squad with Auraxium please
Old 2012-09-13, 11:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
HellsPanda
Corporal

European debit cards work wonders while buying from SOE. Its safer than going to a store
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion