Competitive TR outfits? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Do not take internally
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > Server Forums > Connery (US West)

Old 2014-01-03, 03:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Verrijden
Private

Competitive TR outfits?

VS has Future Crew and NC has Recursion. What is the premier competitive TR outfit on Connery?
Old 2014-01-03, 05:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Rottz
Private

Re: Competitive TR outfits?

TRG? but I'm probably bias, and we're just starting to get into the competitive stuff. We'll be in the upcoming PAL tournament and Sardus is gonna be on the All-Star Team.
Other TR/connery Outfit in the tournament are
Directorate
NeonGrind
Total Recoil
We got Future Crew first round so.....we'll see.
Old 2014-01-03, 12:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Ryker
Private

Tr doesn't have an elite unit on this server, I think as a whole tr here are lax and sort of care free. Yes though, there are maybe two outfits who do try but have very poor tactics. I have personally been looking for a hard core outfit to join not only on this server but the other one I have my other characters on and yes I have found some spectacular outfits(not on this server) but they are made up of people who are high BRs and care a lot about their kill death ratios more then the tactics. So even though they do great tactical feats I don't fit in with that crowd.

I propose a new out fit made here on conery TR as it needs it the most, an outfit with like minded people who love tactics who love to have a organized squad with dedicated medics and engineers who keep the squad up on ammo and revive people who die so not only they don't need to take a hit on their kd but are right back where they need to be. Infiltrators that do what they are suppose to , being a support unit throwing down darts where they need to be and spotting targets for their air support units to converge on. Light assaults that can be called to be equipped to get on high ground if needed or flank with their mobility. Heavys that stay generally in front of the group to take the damage and dish it out.

I propose an outfit that if called by the squad lead a full squad of organized armor be pulled aka two repair busses an ammo sundered and three heavy tanksor if air becomes an issue two heavy tanks a sky guard and a lightning. This simple set up keeps every one shooting and not dying for a long long time. In this outfit the members who understand tactics will realize that maybe for every base we go we might have to hit out redeploy option and fall back to the warp gate and all be wheels up in a dedicated gal with in 30 seconds to drop on to a point or drop on to some enemy sunderers.

The leads in this outfit need to not only look are the map and figure out where the best base to go is and the time and how to get us there fastest but be able to strategically look at the land formations and understand how it effects the play, the importance of high ground and choke points.

The members of this outfit should be on the same page, they should understand that sometimes waiting in the middle of no where for five minutes to let the enemy roll past with out noticing you then you flank from behind is g a good thing and is exciting.

Yes I am hard core about tactics but this play style where everyone is side by side working together is fun if every one is on the same page, though it quickly becomes annoying when you are sitting and waiting for some clown who doesn't want to ditch his max.

So if we have an outfit like this on this server I will gladly join, but if not and people are interested I will not hesitate to make one. Because two squads of highly organized people can easily take on a fully platoon and win, and maybe even start changing the tides of these alerts.
Old 2014-01-03, 12:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Verrijden
Private

@Ryker Your post describes a tactical minded outfit. What I am talking about is a competitive outfit. I cannot speak for anyone but myself, but I dont think the competitive outfits pull "armor columns". My experience playing with competitive players is that they redeploy and move around a lot, never "sitting around for 5 minutes to flank the enemy". The kind of outfit you described can be found on Connery, for example I think TRG is plenty capable of capping bases and objectives. However I am talking about a competitive outfit, with players that are infantry vs infantry and very good at it.

@Rottz I look forward to seeing some footage of your fight with FCRW. In my opinion, FCRW has some great individual players but they dont really work strategically as a team. On the other hand, TRG does use strategy and teamwork. So who knows, you guys may end up winning against FCRW for that reason. Did you see INI Elite vs FCRW? If not you can see it on kidRiots channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/ThekidRiot

Please remember this is just my opinion.

Last edited by Verrijden; 2014-01-03 at 12:46 PM. Reason: Combined double post
Old 2014-01-03, 12:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Ryker
Private

Deleted double post

Last edited by Ryker; 2014-01-03 at 01:01 PM.
Old 2014-01-03, 12:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Ryker
Private

Well the armor columns part was an example of how one can organize together using armor or air assets as apposed to the randomness you see.

Yes the outfit style I'm talking about would move around a lot as I said here ". In this outfit the members who understand tactics will realize that maybe for every base we go we might have to hit out redeploy option and fall back to the warp gate and all be wheels up in a dedicated gal with in 30 seconds to drop on to a point or drop on to some enemy sunderers. "

The part of waiting around for five minutes to flank is supposed to be a random example to state that members need to be on the same page and if need be patient and work together.

When you say "competitive" I think winning alerts an bases but in your last post you make it sound like people who are playing for fun fights and getting good kill death ratios in areas where you don't exactly "need" to be.
Old 2014-01-03, 02:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Verrijden
Private

Originally Posted by Ryker View Post
When you say "competitive" I think winning alerts an bases but in your last post you make it sound like people who are playing for fun fights and getting good kill death ratios in areas where you don't exactly "need" to be.
I should have clarified. What I mean is infantry vs infantry, say 24 vs 24 in private matches on test server (or private server).

I dont care at all about capturing bases or winning alerts. I play to get kills and improve my fps skills. So that's what I mean when I said competitive.
Old 2014-01-05, 02:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
BlaxicanX
Sergeant Major

TRG, EXE, TXR are all good. GOLD and MERCS are pretty good too, though I don't often see MERC's on the ground and I almost never see GOLD out in organized force.

Originally Posted by Verrijden View Post
I should have clarified. What I mean is infantry vs infantry, say 24 vs 24 in private matches on test server (or private server).

I dont care at all about capturing bases or winning alerts. I play to get kills and improve my fps skills. So that's what I mean when I said competitive.
In that case, I don't really know what to tell you. On Connery, the NC have "X" and the VS have FutureCrew for all your small, elite Outfit needs. I don't know if TR have an equivalent. Most of our best outfits are organized zerg-fits.

Last edited by BlaxicanX; 2014-01-05 at 02:25 AM.
Old 2014-01-05, 10:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
snafus
Sergeant Major

Your best chance of a competitive team that will actually compete anytime soon would be on this list http://www.planetside-universe.com/s...ad.php?t=57671. Everyone else may still be entertaining the idea but other then private skirmishes they won't see an official match for quite some time.

Last edited by snafus; 2014-02-14 at 12:18 PM.
Old 2014-01-09, 10:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Temple
Private

Firstly, thanks for the mention – We like stomping on fun and killing people, seems to be working for us so far !
Secondly, I think you’re overlooking a few outfits for the TR

MERC and TRG kill plenty of Blue and Purple people

Merc seems to work really well with each other and other outfits, has some of the best pilots in the game and are quick to react.
TRG is basically one giant squad with Sardus as the squad leader. The way they seem to play is 1 x 48 man squad, waypoints to follow and a single voice to listen to. Very effective and it gets the job done pretty quickly.

Other than that, I don’t see a lot to pick from for outfits.
Old 2014-01-09, 10:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Temple
Private

Ahh, my bad - I didn't read the "Competitive" bit

As it stands, we're not "Competitive" because we haven't competed in anything.

I hope the competitive future of this game is VERY different to the things that are happening now. What I currently see is a futuristic version of BF4
Old 2014-01-13, 06:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
HereticusXZ
First Sergeant

I wouldn't ask general consensus on who is "Competitive" because everyone has a individual definition for what is competitive, you'll also get alot of bias and personal preference... The best way to see what Outfits are competitive is to look up scores on the Outfit leaderboards or see what outfit some of the higher scoring players are in.... Look on the Leaderboards at all the stats then determine for yourself who is competitive.

Now with that said, to answer your question on what TR outfits are competitive on Connery?

Personally; I gage a outfits effectiveness on it's size. Large, Medium, and Small. There's all sorts of variables depending on Strategy, Tactics, Outfits it's ability to work well with other outfits, General media publicity "Who's famous for X reason or another, I wan't to roll with this Outfit as a fanboy because I seen them on youtube!" (The most popular Outfit isn't always the best) but I usually find outfit size is a good start to figuring out who's "best" and competitive.... That and results via Leaderboard scores...

Large TR outfits that throw around there weight in sheer numbers over individual skill... Not to say they don't have there elite players... But these Outfits are well known for there ability to throw bodies at a problem and win. As comrade Stalin would say "Quantity has quality all it's own"

[EXE] Execution and [XPIV] XPIV

http://www.planetside-universe.com/o...ry&members=768

Medium, healthy or average sized outfits that can field atleast a Platoon and reasonably fight well enough to frustrate opponents who should have every advantage. These are not outfits to be dismissed and I believe usually are the fastest responding outfits in terms of ability to redeploy to whatever fight the Empire needs them at.

[CIK] Bdogs Communication is Key and [TXR] Total Recoil

I'm also going to throw [TRG] The Republican Guard into this medium category... Officially they have on roster the numbers to be a large outfit but average activity rates them a average sized outfit IMO.

http://www.planetside-universe.com/o...ry&members=192

Lastly the smaller outfits, These IMO are the real dangerous outfits because they have mostly elite players in a small tight-nit community. No elites hiding behind mass zergs in these Outfits...

[RDTL] Red Tails, [MERCS] Mercenaries, [OP4] The Opposition Force and [DL3G] The Dread Legion

http://www.planetside-universe.com/o...ery&members=24

You can always check out these Outfits on more informative stat tracking websites like Dasanfall Stats or even PS2 Players on the official Planetside2 website. Again "Competitive" I think is up to you the individual to determine but these IMO are the real super-powers behind the TR on Connery... According to leaderboards and competitively speaking.

Last edited by HereticusXZ; 2014-01-13 at 06:43 AM.
Old 2014-01-13, 06:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
HereticusXZ
First Sergeant

Also as Temple pointed out... PS2 though it's taking efforts to try and appeal to the competitive scene... Really isn't built for the competitive experience (not yet anyways) so much as it is for the casual experience.
Old 2014-01-14, 04:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
sakegod
Private

I appreciate the shoutout for the Opposition Force [OP4] from Hereticus. The problem with being a smaller outfit is sometimes we don't get a lot of recognition, but we have an impact on the battlefield when we impose our will. We are a tactical, infantry focused outfit that is ramping up our competitive presence. Currently, we are scrimming against other outfits as we can arrange them, which translates to about 4-5 scrims a week.

Our prevailing philosophy is that of tactical discipline. We will take most players as long as they have a good attitude and are willing to follow orders, because we can train skill. The result is a finely tuned weapon that can remove enemy spawn points, break a MAX crash, or crack the enemy's hold on the point. Our PSU and Dasanfall stats speak for themselves.

If you are interested in what we're about, you can find our application at http://the-op4.enjin.com. If any outfit leaders here are interested in scrimming, please contact our outfit leader Forsosh.
Old 2014-01-14, 09:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
BlaxicanX
Sergeant Major

Good list, Hereticus. Agreed with all of it. *thumbs up*

Last edited by BlaxicanX; 2014-01-14 at 09:57 PM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > Server Forums > Connery (US West)