News: Totalbiscuit Night Ops Footage! - Page 5 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Welcome to ur distruction.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-05-17, 11:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #61
Logri
Contributor
Staff Sergeant

Re: Totalbiscuit Night Ops Footage!

Originally Posted by Raymac View Post
Not sure if these are tears of joy from seeing how awesome the game looks even with only a few players, or if these are tears of sadness since TB says the game is still a loooooong way off from being ready.
Yeah, I noticed that too, also remember T-Ray saying something about SOE meeting thingy in october we should check out. That gave me the impression that we would still be waiting on release by then. Then again, might just be me reading too much into things.

Also greatly looking forward to what Hamma and Jennyboo gonna bring back :P
PS: Don't like jump pads either.

All your base are belong to us... eventually.
Old 2012-05-17, 11:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #62
Mechzz
Major

Aww man! That was the best 20 minutes of the day!

Soooo beautiful, the tracer bullets, the lighting, the lovely animation of the planes. The scythe was a thing to behold (even the one that face planted!). The magrider looked awesome to drive and I'm sooo happy it could go toe to toe with a Vanny. VS FTW

When?
When?
When?

Now, where's the rewind button?
Old 2012-05-17, 12:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #63
Satexios
Sergeant

Picture says more than a thousand words:

Old 2012-05-17, 12:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #64
ringring
Contributor
General

Fantastic .....

I hope they don't nerf tanks too much after all tanks should own troopers and troopers first thought should be to either hide or find friends before attacking one.

Not sure on jump pads .....

But, this is alpha and they're bound to change balance between the units.
Old 2012-05-17, 12:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #65
Mechzz
Major

Youtube is going mental! But how can a vid with 317 views have 1,900 likes?

Good to see some familiar names out there posting, calming fears and spreading the word.

I've NEVER posted a comment to a youtube video before, but now I have a top comment! : proud :
Old 2012-05-17, 12:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #66
xSlideShow
First Sergeant

I like it, looks great. Only concern is the kill time just seems a tad to quick for me. Looks like it will be great fun either way.
Old 2012-05-17, 12:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #67
Vancha
Colonel

Originally Posted by Mechzz View Post
Youtube is going mental! But how can a vid with 317 views have 1,900 likes?
You don't watch many popular Youtubers, do you?

It takes the site a while to update the viewcount.
Old 2012-05-17, 12:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #68
Graywolves
General

When TB killed arclegger did anyone else chuckle and think about him being clegged up on foot?

-edit-
Because he died airborne.
Old 2012-05-17, 12:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #69
VelRa
Sergeant

Make sure to like and add to favorites.
Old 2012-05-17, 12:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #70
DxC
Sergeant

Nice look there was curious with night combat and that thus far I like a lot!
Old 2012-05-17, 12:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #71
RedKnights
Sergeant Major

You know we keep asking 'why is this not beta yet' well we got our answer with the dancing TR max animations and "AOE damage not working properly". But damn it is starting to look polished in terms of the UI.

I can also see why they invited him to go, he provides an awesome and knowledgeable commentary, and his audience is mainly non-planetside, so it'll increase interest.
Old 2012-05-17, 12:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #72
Haro
Master Sergeant

Aw man, I kinda stopped following TB after he dropped out of WoW coverage, but now he's drawn me back in.

Gotta say, I love the way the game seems to be playing. Maybe they could slow down the ttk a bit, but I honestly don't mind it so much. I think the tank and C4 is interesting, I don't know how many c4 he managed to throw down, but I do like the idea of tanks not being so damn hard to kill for infantry. Hopefully, the second turret dynamic and a higher spawn rate for tanks will balance it out.

The graphics really do look gorgeous, and I don't think I've ever seen a game pull off night so convincingly. SO MANY SHINY THINGS! The tracer fire and the air-craft engines are really amazing too. I'd love to see them incorporate some special, stealthier vehicle options to take advantage of darkness (or at least let us turn off headlights sometimes) but I think it's really cool how they've approached this.

Finally, the bases. They look amazing, I have to say I'm more of a fan of the current design than the old base interiors, although we certainly haven't seen everything yet. I like indoor combat, but some of the base fights in PS1 could be very frustrating, lots of places to hide and camp, and a little too cramped for my tastes. As for jump pads, I understand their necessity,the bases are freakin huge, after all, and I think defense would be way too difficult if defenders are all spread out and would take a while to get to an area that's under attack. I actually prefer the idea of jump pads to teleporters, for two reasons. First, as a defender, I like the perspectives it can get, so you know what you're getting into, where the enemy is, etc. As a frequent Halo player, I can't tell you how much of a paint teleporters can be, as they tend to be prime camping areas, something PS2 seems to be avoiding. On the other hand, I also like how the jumping is visible by the other team, who can see and possibly even shoot down players who are jumping around. Gives you a chance to react to incoming reinforcements rather than have them just pop out of nowhere.
One thing I think could be better than jump pads is commonly available, small, and fast aerial transports, like a mini-galaxy without the spawn, holding maybe 5 passengers and a pilot. Have a couple of those flying around a base, dropping off and picking up soldiers... I think it'd be a lot of fun.
Old 2012-05-17, 12:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #73
The Janitor
Sergeant

Ok so 2 things: 1) Holy hell this game looks amazing... 2) It's not going to be ready for beta for quite some time, haha. Ah well. Progress is being made and that is a very good thing.
Old 2012-05-17, 12:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #74
Senyu
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by RedKnights View Post
You know we keep asking 'why is this not beta yet' well we got our answer with the dancing TR max animations and "AOE damage not working properly". But damn it is starting to look polished in terms of the UI.

I can also see why they invited him to go, he provides an awesome and knowledgeable commentary, and his audience is mainly non-planetside, so it'll increase interest.

Ya, after watching this I am content to wait for beta to be ready. Im more excited than I was before, but I am now more willing to wait.
Old 2012-05-17, 12:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #75
Satexios
Sergeant

Regarding the C4.. he managed to walk behind a tank. If you play as a team you simply need to make sure the tanks have cover from behind.

Another tactical element which is also used in WW2 Online, where sappers can blow up tanks and cripple your entire attack.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion