Auto Spotting Tool/Macro? - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Don't bring a gun to a Lasher fight.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-11-18, 12:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Crator
Major General

Re: Auto Spotting Tool/Macro?

Q targeting, hotspot indicators, better/more map indicators, missing mission system. It's all a mess right now.
I honestly don't think they know what they want to do so they just threw some stuff in there to see how it worked.
Old 2012-11-18, 12:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Beerbeer
Major

Yeah, the more I think about it, a simple keyboard or mouse software macro from Logitech would probably work and in fact probably how the person in the video did it. I have the logitech G510 keyboard and I may try it once the game gets released.
Old 2012-11-18, 12:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Greytusk
Private

I've been using this:
http://teamlegacy.net/forum/topic/94...st-yours-here/
Works pretty good.
Old 2012-11-18, 12:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Beerbeer
Major

Nice, thanks. I quoted it below.

http://teamlegacy.net/forum/topic/94...st-yours-here/

I'll Start:

Spotting targets is incredibly useful to your team. To that end, I created an auto-hotkey script that would spot whenever I fire my weapon:
-----------------------------

~lbutton::
Send {q down}
sleep 60
Send {q up}
sleep 5000
return
------------------------------

So if you use auto-hotkey, you can use this to automatically spot enemies every 5 seconds while firing your weapon. Has been really useful and avoids the pain of hitting Q *all the time*. I still hit Q to spot if I'm trying to be sneaky, but I don't have to worry about firing and shooting (in case I die).

Also, for those who really want an auto-run key:

-----------------------------------

x = 1

Z::
if x {
sendinput {w down}
sendinput {shift down}
x--
}
else {
sendinput {w up}
sendinput {shift up}
x++
}
return
------------------------------------

This turns the Z key into an autorun button. You can interrupt it by moving normally (as it works in GW2), though you may have to click z twice to start it again if you interrupt it without hitting Z.

Hope that helps. Now add your own! They don't have to be super-clever, they can be tips for new players too!
Old 2012-11-18, 01:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Phreec
Corporal

They should just remove 3D spotting or at least limit it.

Making it a sidegrade attachment for your gun or lets say an infiltrator tool to paint targets would've been much better.
Now scouting in this game, especially during night time, is all about just spamming Q into chokepoints and entrances before moving in.

This is yet another thing they shouldn't have copied from BF3.
Old 2012-11-18, 01:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
Aaron
Contributor
Sergeant Major

Perhaps spotting should only tell you what direction the enemy is coming from instead of having red arrows above he enemy's head.

You know how in Skyrim you'll see red dots on your compass? You also have a compass above your minimap in PS2, so maybe it could work like that.
Old 2012-11-18, 02:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
Aluka
Private

Most high end gaming keyboard have a macro feature. For example, a razer black widow has 5 keys dedicated for macros I think? Even my 10 years old microsoft intellimouse has a software that allows limited macros to be assigned to its buttons.

I am not a big fan of 3rd party software running along side the game that manage your macros...at that point it feels like a bot. A macro coming from your input device seems better for some reason...

But if Q-spotting leads to this, it's a good indication that the mechanic itself should be revised. I've read people suggesting a limit of Q-spotting / time. It would force manual q-spotting, preserving the purpose of the feature without removing it completely.

Last edited by Aluka; 2012-11-18 at 02:19 PM.
Old 2012-11-18, 02:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
Fenrys
Major

Autohotkey Q bot (untested):

#NoEnv
loop
{
send q
sleep 500
}
!q:: Pause, Toggle
Pressing Alt-Q will cause the Q button to be spammed 2x per second until you press Alt-Q again.
Old 2012-11-18, 04:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
HydroBIG BANG
Private

If you have a gaming mouse with extra programmable buttons then you can easily set up a macro that when turned on constantly spams q
Old 2012-11-18, 04:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
Cosmical
Contributor
Cosmic Comics

I would actually like this to become a real abused issue, so the devs have to rework the spotting system. I can spam a hill top hitting Q from 700 metres away with a pistol equipped and spot a platoon of enemies who then get bombed by air.

Add a cert tree for it, the one they said snipers would get. So there is an actual incentive to get the high ground and spot with a good sniper scout.
Chinese New Year 1 / Chinese New Year 2 A Comic about mediocrity.... and bizarre stuff.
Old 2012-11-18, 04:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
sylphaen
Lieutenant Colonel

Spotting was automatic in PS1 in a squad or inside the interlink network. And Q was for medkits.
^^

Oh well... I just do not bother spotting in PS2.
Old 2012-11-18, 04:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
Tooterfish
Contributor
First Sergeant

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Cosmical View Post
I would actually like this to become a real abused issue, so the devs have to rework the spotting system. I can spam a hill top hitting Q from 700 metres away with a pistol equipped and spot a platoon of enemies who then get bombed by air.
I agree. There should be a incremental range enhancement for spotting via certs, and I would even go as far as to say there should be a cool down timer to prevent macro-abuse. I don't understand why, in this day and age, universal spotting in an arguably tactical fps is still around tbh, there are much better ways to spot enemies that both make more sense, and keep people engaged with the actual act of spotting. Right now it is just ridiculous and is giving a group of savy people an unfair advantage.

Read my game blog @ www.roffle.com

Last edited by Tooterfish; 2012-11-18 at 04:44 PM.
Old 2012-11-18, 04:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
Littleman
First Lieutenant

I'd rather SOE turn spotting into an expensive sight for our guns that has all the zoom of the reflex, but also limits FoV (see BlOp 2's target acquisition sight) or a combat type enhanced targeting implant purchased with infantry resources (you know... the stuff no one ever runs out of) that automatically spots an enemy and interlinks with everyone else using the implant.

I prefer the latter, as it opens doors to implants that aren't simply "improves experience/resource gain 10%." Boring...
Old 2012-11-18, 04:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
Cosmical
Contributor
Cosmic Comics

Originally Posted by Tooterfish View Post
I don't understand why, in this day and age, universal spotting in an arguably tactical fps is still around tbh, there are much better ways to spot enemies that both make more sense, and keep people engaged with the actual act of spotting.
I mean i dont know why we are complaining, its not gonna get changed. It was kindof working fine.

But i agree, i think you should have to cert it, snipers should have extra good certs for it. And aircraft should have to do fly overs with scout radar for map updates.

I hate that i spend my time shooting at glowy shields, and red markers. rather than you know...ACTUAL TROOPS. hah
Chinese New Year 1 / Chinese New Year 2 A Comic about mediocrity.... and bizarre stuff.
Old 2012-11-18, 04:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
Tooterfish
Contributor
First Sergeant

Misc Info

Oh jesus, I know what you're saying. I think most of my epic Beta battles were just me shooting a bunch or red triangles through tree branches and scoring a bunch of XP.

Read my game blog @ www.roffle.com
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion