Empire Specific Weaponry - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Frankly my dear, I don't give a spam.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-04-15, 08:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
GGMajic
Private

Empire Specific Weaponry

Here's a question for the lot of you, especially those in beta:

A lot of bitchin has been going on about is the gauss better than the cycler, Vanu weaponry just generally rubbish, Pheonix being too good.. etc etc. Is there anything to stop someone from another empire from picking such weaponry off the corpses of people in other empires?

I remember seeing something in the FAQ or somewhere (no specifics here you know) that you can take the weapons.. But would you have access to enough ammo to keep functioning?

If you do it seems a bit pointless to be making such a big deal of the differences in weapons. It is true that those empires using their own weapons would get access to them as soon (or soon after) they spawned, but gun running would surely help to balance out the sides.

Just a thought anyways.
Old 2003-04-15, 09:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Kyonye
Contributor
General

if you are TR and you kill a NC soldier, you can loot there corpses. but to use what they have, you must have cert in that specific field. i.e. if you are TR and have a meium assault weapon, and you loot a NC body that has the gauss then you can use it because it too is a medium assault weapon. but if you find that the corpse only has a heavy assault weapon and your cert only goes as far as medium assault weapon than you cannot use it.

<Smaug> omg kyonye is hot
Old 2003-04-15, 09:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
LesserShade
Contributor
Major

/me drools.. must get my hands on more NC scatterpistols for infiltration purposes.

I have a pretty large collection of VS lancers in my locker. As underpowered as I think it is, it is a sweet ass looking gun no doubt

The vanu weapons are hardest to collect because of the ammo. Although, it's not hard to scrounge up ammo after a large fight, but it is easier to steal a jackhammer or chaingun because you already have access to the ammo you need for those.

Last edited by LesserShade; 2003-04-15 at 09:10 AM.
Old 2003-04-15, 09:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
GGMajic
Private

That's what I thought the situation was.

Can other empires get access to the right ammo?

For example, a TR soldier whups a VS soldier, and wants to steal his lasher. He has all the certs needed, and subsequently does so. Later on, he runs out of ammo after whuppin some NC. There are no energy cells lying about, can he go and restock at an AMS or terminal with the correct ammo?

[Counter-Edit] yes i see that lessershade has explained this. He added it long after this original post.

Last edited by GGMajic; 2003-04-15 at 09:53 AM.
Old 2003-04-15, 09:16 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Deadlock
Contributor
First Lieutenant

pretty sure u gota steal the batteries...

quick locker question: do u get a locker per character or just one for all four character's to use?
Old 2003-04-15, 09:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
LesserShade
Contributor
Major

locker per character
Old 2003-04-15, 09:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Deadlock
Contributor
First Lieutenant

sweet... thanks
Old 2003-04-15, 02:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
GGMajic
Private

so not only can you steal the enemy's weapons but also their specific vehicles. Surely that must go a long was to evening out the sides.
Old 2003-04-15, 03:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Prowler
PSU Realdoll

Indeed.

Commander woot!
Old 2003-04-15, 03:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Destroyeron
Troll x2

Yeah you can hack enemy vehicles. I was really dissapointed when they took out vehicle deconstruction out. I wanted to be storing Vanguardss and Mag-Riders in my locker...sigh...It's really of no use to hack an enemy vehicle except fro a quick ride.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion