Elder Scrolls Online - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Contents may have settled during shipping.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > General Gaming Discussion

Old 2012-05-04, 02:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Graywolves
General

Elder Scrolls Online

http://www.jacehallshow.com/blog/the...d-new-trailer/
Old 2012-05-04, 02:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Gonefshn
Contributor
Major

Re: Elder Scrolls Online

This seems like an obvious step for them but I can't say I would want to play it.

If this is like Skyrim with multiple people I don't see the point. Part of what makes elder scrolls fun is being alone and being able to have your own experience. They make fantastic open ended RPGs.

If they take on a class based press buttons to use skills sort of system it wont be elder scrolls anymore. And I don't find the lore and universe of Elder Scrolls all that interesting when it stands alone.

I'm not surprised they are making this game, I'm not really excited but I am actually curious to see how they tackle gameplay. If they go more traditional MMO or make it like Skyrim with more people.

I'll watch this game develop but I don't think I would play it.
Old 2012-05-04, 04:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Sirisian
Colonel

Originally Posted by Gonefshn View Post
If this is like Skyrim with multiple people I don't see the point.
It's actually not real-time. It's a WoW combat system with graphics like Star Wars: The Old Republic and RIFT. There's no dragons or player housing. It's third person only. It's using the Hero Engine.

I'm with most other people that they should scrap this project and forget they even mentioned it. If they really want to destroy what The Elder Scrolls is about then whatever, but it's obvious from the Game Informer article that this has nothing to do with The Elder Scrolls and is merely trying to use the brand name to get attention. People would be fine with a Co-Op (2 player) TES game, but without serious investment they aren't going to be able to create what players expect from the franchise.

In short they can't go from Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim, then WoW. They're just going to piss off their fanbase.
Old 2012-05-04, 04:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Gonefshn
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by Sirisian View Post
It's actually not real-time. It's a WoW combat system with graphics like Star Wars: The Old Republic and RIFT. There's no dragons or player housing. It's third person only. It's using the Hero Engine.

I'm with most other people that they should scrap this project and forget they even mentioned it. If they really want to destroy what The Elder Scrolls is about then whatever, but it's obvious from the Game Informer article that this has nothing to do with The Elder Scrolls and is merely trying to use the brand name to get attention. People would be fine with a Co-Op (2 player) TES game, but without serious investment they aren't going to be able to create what players expect from the franchise.

In short they can't go from Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim, then WoW. They're just going to piss off their fanbase.
thanks for the update. Yea so basically this fits with what I said. If they are making this into a WoW SWTOR combat system and just using ES as the universe and lore I'm not even the smallest bit interested. I agree this looks like a waste of time I can't imagine it will be succesful. Too many people are trying to break into the MMO space. Stick to what you do best.
Old 2012-05-04, 05:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Vancha
Colonel

This fetus of a game needs to be ripped out the womb of ZeniMax and stamped on until mushy, then condoms should be given to Bethesda while they're educated about protecting their IPs.
Old 2012-05-04, 05:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Graywolves
General

If it follows anything of current MMOs I wouldn't play it.
Old 2012-05-04, 06:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Zulthus
Colonel

Oh god, why.
Old 2012-05-04, 07:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
razor851
Master Sergeant

Misc Info

Fuck.

Join the PlanetSide Steam Group!
Old 2012-05-04, 08:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Multiplayer in the traditional sense... okay. But an mmo?

Fuck that.

Old 2012-05-04, 09:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Vancha
Colonel

What they needed to do was make the next TES have smaller persistent multiplayer servers with say, 2-20 people, where you could just hop into the same world and play together if anyone else happened to be online.

I think maybe Terraria might work like this (not at all sure), where you can log back in and find your friends have been doing things that've changed the world in the mean time.

Last edited by Vancha; 2012-05-04 at 09:39 PM.
Old 2012-05-05, 12:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Warhound
Corporal

Just read the game informer article and I'm pretty stoked. Game looks like a wow clone but what it does get right that wow didn't was the balancing factor of having 3 factions as well as the fact the questing system at the moment seems gw2-esque. All in all I will wait patiently and see how the game turns out.

Last edited by Warhound; 2012-05-05 at 11:54 PM.
Old 2012-05-05, 04:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
Sirisian
Colonel

This does a good job of explaining it.
Old 2012-05-05, 01:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Graywolves
General

I think they should approach it kind of old school.

Almost make the game single-player first. Then let there be player-servers or something.
Old 2012-05-05, 04:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
basti
Brigadier General

Misc Info

Saw the annocument, got exicted, gathered more information, laughed how badly one can fuck up.

If this game gets released, then bye bye TES.
Old 2012-05-05, 06:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Gonefshn
Contributor
Major

Has everyone seen this!??

PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > General Gaming Discussion