*** PlanetSide 2 Ultimate Beta FAQ *** - Page 56 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: My love for you is like diarrhea, I just can't hold it in.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 2012-07-01, 12:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #826
Zar
Sergeant

Re: *** PlanetSide 2 Ultimate Beta FAQ ***

Originally Posted by OnexBigxHebrew View Post
Not really trying to come off that way, just stating that no matter what vets want, 1000's of non vets will be there :P
ah my mistake then and I hope non ps1 player's play didn't mean for it sound like I don't but i think alot of current fps player's might find it a bit different from what they have been playing. maybe they will like it maybe they will hate it i hope they love it. i think there is a blend of current fps mechanic's with ps1 open world mechanics and tactics that can change this stale modern fps model that imo has ruined fps gaming as a whole =x.

Originally Posted by Otleaz View Post
I think you are vastly overestimating the room for teamwork in PS2. The closest thing you will find is zerging the enemy by all attacking at once.
trying to get 100-300 people to make an attack all at once without just flying into a death trap or attacking before they are ready is teamwork last i checked may not be tactical but teamwork non the less. also *aiming* a rush or zerg is hard and very effective at breaking a line and pushing into enemy territory my not be pretty but its damn effective

Last edited by Zar; 2012-07-01 at 12:48 AM.
Old 2012-07-01, 01:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #827
Mesar
Private

Originally Posted by Zar View Post
trying to get 100-300 people to make an attack all at once without just flying into a death trap or attacking before they are ready is teamwork last i checked may not be tactical but teamwork non the less. also *aiming* a rush or zerg is hard and very effective at breaking a line and pushing into enemy territory my not be pretty but its damn effective
Exactly
This is Tactic as well as Teamwork
Blitzkrieg
Old 2012-07-01, 02:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #828
Otleaz
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Mesar View Post
Exactly
This is Tactic as well as Teamwork
Blitzkrieg
I would like to agree with you, but I have a feeling you are talking about something else even though you linked the wikipedia page for blitzkrieg.

Blitzkrieg has nothing to do with zerging the enemy, which is what you are implying.
Old 2012-07-01, 01:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #829
Juturna
Private

Originally Posted by Otleaz View Post
I would like to agree with you, but I have a feeling you are talking about something else even though you linked the wikipedia page for blitzkrieg.

Blitzkrieg has nothing to do with zerging the enemy, which is what you are implying.
force concentration of tanks, infantry, artillery, combat engineers and air power, concentrating overwhelming force at high speed to break through enemy lines, and, once the lines are broken, proceeding without regard to its flank

sounds like a zerg to me?
Old 2012-07-01, 01:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #830
Otleaz
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Juturna View Post
force concentration of tanks, infantry, artillery, combat engineers and air power, concentrating overwhelming force at high speed to break through enemy lines, and, once the lines are broken, proceeding without regard to its flank

sounds like a zerg to me?
The entirety of the front line needs to coordinate to take advantage of the confusion and make a simultaneous push. If they don't do it successfully, the ones who blitzed would end up stranded and left for dead.

It is a huge risk that can be suicide if the enemy catches wind of what you are doing. The focus is on the flanks just as much as it is on the ones participating in the blitz.

Zerging is not a blitz, it is zerging.
Old 2012-07-01, 07:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #831
Khagan Impi
Private

lol lots of hate in this post ps player's are a different breed then most =3 if this turn's into codside or bfside or what it will be planetside 2 trust me =3 we will beat you into the ground with coordinated 300 person strikes your nerd raging tear's will fuel our war machine =3 cod and bf players beware team work or get out =3 if you love team work welcome to a better world =3
Since obviously only PS1 vets will use teamwork to do anything . This sort of elitism is the kind of thing which is deterring intelligent newcomers from having any sort of association with veterans Especially when you use '=3' five times in a single paragraph in place of proper punctuation.

Of course, not all veterans think this way, and it would be disingenuous to assume such, but an attitude like this really needs to be put to rest.

Last edited by Khagan Impi; 2012-07-01 at 07:08 PM.
Old 2012-07-01, 09:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #832
Anderz
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Khagan Impi View Post
Since obviously only PS1 vets will use teamwork to do anything . This sort of elitism is the kind of thing which is deterring intelligent newcomers from having any sort of association with veterans Especially when you use '=3' five times in a single paragraph in place of proper punctuation.

Of course, not all veterans think this way, and it would be disingenuous to assume such, but an attitude like this really needs to be put to rest.
Yeah, it was the "=3" in place of a full stop that made me realise we were dealing with a badass over here.
Zar would be surprised at how many former Battlefield 2/2142 gamers will be willing to engage in serious teamwork, and just how competitive they will be. Many have years of e-sports experience playing in highly co-ordinated team battles and training (scrims) sessions. These might be on a smaller scale in terms of numbers, but that's only due to a limitation set by the game, not their ability.

Last edited by Anderz; 2012-07-01 at 09:08 PM.
Old 2012-07-01, 09:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #833
Zar
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Anderz View Post
Yeah, i was the "=3" in place of a full stop that made me realise we were dealing with a badass over here.
Zar would be surprised at how many former Battlefield 2/2142 gamers will be willing to engage in serious teamwork, and just how competitive they will be. Many have years of e-sports experience playing in highly co-ordinated team battles and training (skrims) sessions. These might be on a smaller scale in terms of numbers, but that's only do to a limitation set by the game, not their ability.
I wouldn't I loved bf2142 and bf 2 they were great. bf3 and cod black ops are garbage =3 sorry I said bf and cod as a general statement that's my bad =x in fact I had more fun in 2142 then i did in planetside tbh =) I also think 2142 with Tactical Gamer server's were some of the most organized and fun match's I have seen in quite some time.

Last edited by Zar; 2012-07-01 at 09:14 PM.
Old 2012-07-01, 10:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #834
TazmamzaT
Sergeant

I wouldn't I loved bf2142 and bf 2 they were great. bf3 and cod black ops are garbage =3 sorry I said bf and cod as a general statement that's my bad =x in fact I had more fun in 2142 then i did in planetside tbh =) I also think 2142 with Tactical Gamer server's were some of the most organized and fun match's I have seen in quite some time.
So... I am new to the community and played a lot of COD and other FPS's. This automatically makes the stupid and not willing to work with other people. Fuck me right?

Old 2012-07-01, 10:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #835
Tarconus
Corporal

Originally Posted by TazmamzaT View Post
So... I am new to the community and played a lot of COD and other FPS's. This automatically makes the stupid and not willing to work with other people. Fuck me right?

Don't take offense there are a lot of disgruntled vets on here that don't want new blood coming into the game and want a copy and paste of the original but with newer graphics.
Old 2012-07-01, 10:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #836
DreadPirate
Private

Originally Posted by Tarconus View Post
Don't take offense there are a lot of disgruntled vets on here that don't want new blood coming into the game and want a copy and paste of the original but with newer graphics.
Honestly, I think I see more vet hate here lately than anything else. We're not all disgruntled old men shaking our canes at you. Just like everyone else isn't an entitled little kid trying to make everything CoD. I'm sure most of us are happy to have you guys on board. Ps1 was an awesome game. Here's to Ps2 being even better.
Old 2012-07-01, 11:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #837
DarkChiron
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by TazmamzaT View Post
He didn't even say anything about the people who play that game.

There's plenty of people to beat over the head for their irrational hatred of CoD players. But let's not unleash that fury upon people who just don't like the games, yes?
Old 2012-07-01, 11:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #838
Xaine
Major

So many nerds, so much raging.
Old 2012-07-02, 01:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #839
GreatMazinkaise
Captain

Originally Posted by Tarconus View Post
We want something better than the original, updated graphics or no (graphics beyond a certain point are irrelevant). There are numerous points of contention over what "better" means. That being said, to hell with the FNGs and what they want.

No, I shall stand! Sitting is for the weak and feeble.
Old 2012-07-02, 01:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #840
Khagan Impi
Private

Originally Posted by GreatMazinkaise View Post
We want something better than the original, updated graphics or no (graphics beyond a certain point are irrelevant). There are numerous points of contention over what "better" means. That being said, to hell with the FNGs and what they want.
What an excellent attitude to go into the game with. What an excellent way to welcome new members into the community.
Closed Thread
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion